FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az - Thank you. Better get some time on your hands, you'll need 70 FC's just to reach me!

Arvain - Thanks! Not having DLC's is a pain, as the lack of it is making a number on my thread and on my fun

PART ONE OF UPDATE:

Drain You Expert Vocals FC

This makes 2 B-Day vids in one week, for two girls, for two geminians (of course) and two members of the PMS Clan. SaikoSakura is one of my most recent supporters on YouTube, and I thought I would make a B-Day vid to get ride of the things. 1st song with talky I ever made a vid of. That was absolutely silly, by the way.

Anyway, enjoy!

PART TWO OF UPDATE:

I've been bitching on the PMS Clan forums, and went to check profiles of my friends' friends. I was checking the Anex' one, and saw her highscore on One Step Closer. I was like "Wow, nice squeeze, how the hell I can do something like this too?", as I had measly 544 there (hers was 896) And well, I played this song for a while. I was happy for hitting both AS's on The Middle(M), and thought I was getting the hang of the headset lag by consistently breaking 139k on the 1st activation. Well, the progression was the following: 780, 840 and...

Never thought it could happen! 'Til I put in my head the same thing as always: if Arvain (another headset vocalist) squeezed it, so I can too. I hope I can get 226k soon! Gotta thank Anex for the inspiration, although she doesn't know who I am!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, double post

Anyway, guess I got another goal to motivate myself into playing the RB2 on-disk songs. I'm aiming for Top 50 on 360 at the moment, but I just played to have some fun squeezing stuff and getting high ranks A simple Teen Age Riot redux can be worthy of nearly 7k, but I lack the skill and patience to do so. Same for Tangled Up in Blue. Alabama Getaway (patience please?) and Almost Easy are the most likely ones, and I pretend to do Give it All between others I messed OD and/or activated early.

So, I reduxed these ones on this Sunday:

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter: Still painful to get -1 everytime on that whispering part from hell towards the end. I had re-re-FC this, 'cause I got a horrible 1st squeeze, ending with amazing xxx532 points, and ending the song with 213868, only 32 points higher than my 1st FC. And I wasted a run with 916 on 1st act. by missing on "Huddling against the walls". Pathetic, forgot to change octave. The actual high score is good for 24th at the moment though.

American Woman: Re-re-FC. Not totally consistent, but I can FC this shortly. I can do much better here: new path, horrible squeezes. 47th on 360 ATM.

Mountain Song: Honestly, was this GS #75 and FC #74 for me??? It doesn't seem to be so. Re-FC'd on 1st try, gonna go back for the 198k 40th on 360 ATM.

Gonna play more when things don't get hectic anymore. And fetch those FC's for my project too!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you'll be reporting breaking into the top 50 within a couple weeks.

Good luck with the redos! I know I sure don't have it in me to go back and resqueeze them.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
I bet you'll be reporting breaking into the top 50 within a couple days.

Nice score on One step closer this is one of the few songs that i have trouble to squeeze... this wasted 916 on AJGW was pretty good too ^^ but yeah, you have to be careful with the rest of the song... one day i got the first full squeeze...and missed at least 50k from the next one that is easier painful...

good luck on the top 50 road ^^ soon you'll be wanting to reach 17.280 then 290 then 17.3, you'll see
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, I'll respond to them now!

Kristen - I'll do my best. It'll take a while, but I won't back off.

Arvain - Haha, nice one. But for now, I'm with Kristen. Don't know if I'll have the mentality to redux too much stuff with the events going on IRL. I'm pretty sure that 17.3 mill' wont happen on my side, but at least a Top 50 will be cheesy with the squeezefest that is Rock Band 2 Vocals now.

This time, a bigger number of reduxes. Jumped from 78th to 66th in one day! The songs:

Bodhisattva: 1st redux of the day, and the most frustrating thing I've ever done. One Way or Another? Tangled Up in Blue? Uncontrollable Urge? That's What You Get (sorry Sarah, but it actually IS frustrating to miss a critical phrase just by running out of breath)? Not even close. Finally got the optimal score. This is the highest redux I had to do on this game. 17k...from taps? Not singing? Bullshit. Anyway, there is a taste of my rage. Just don't come flying at my head!

Teen Age Riot: One of the 3 great nemesises at this redux progress (Teen Age Riot, That's What You Get and Tangled Up in Blue) has just fallen. This time no EW killed my path execution, but the activations were a bit too early. Not bad for who wanted a 6k boost though. The random -1's were annoying as well. Too bad I couldn't get the full FRS.

Almost Easy: Damn, no 200k. I still have serious problems with M. Shadows' nasal singing.

Give it All: This score seriously makes me puke. But I can do the low parts without high octave! Gonna re-squeeze later.

E-Pro: Very identical score to the old FC, where I messed last OD due to the typical headset delay. No ticks from last activation, missed points from the end of middle part. This is one of the songs I FC'd on ESL2, btw.

Alabama Getaway: This is where I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP! The second-to-last activation, should it squeeze the OD phrase in or not? In other words, FRS or AS? Ah, I use guide button trick at the 3rd activation, much better. However, this was frustrating as well.

lolvisions: Didn't imagine I could get 1k from this redux. The idea: fix last activation. The problem was that I was doing noise from the phrase before the window, and the OD activated in the middle of it. Stopped and said "Woo". Worked like magic.

More soon hopefully!

bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I knew you were a really good vocalist, but I just now found out that you're doing all this on the xbox headset. That is crazy; I do vox on my roommate's headset sometimes and it never seems to pick up pitch nearly as well as a usb mic.

So, I am very impressed by your accomplishments,
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I give up on playing RB2 for some days in order top avoid playing it merely for the sake of ScoreHero attention and I still get replies on both GH and RB threads! Lucky me, lucky me

bclare - Hey, a new face here! On RB, the headset seems to not pick a really low voice, volume-wise. But on GH it's worse because you have to put touch the headset mic on your lips, otherwise it won't pic your voice. But anyway, thanks for the love!

On the journey to the FGFCAL, still kinda slow, but doing it, I thought of getting some more FC's and putting them all together on the OP. I'm planning about getting some more, but my flu can be a problem. There they are. I'll be checking rankings later.

And. by the way, I even got a banner for an old effort! It's very welcome, as it's one of the hardest FC's on RB2 (and #79 for me).

Well, I've feeling a bit guilty about not mentioning a list of the people who posted here. I said once that there were a lot of them, but maybe some would misunderstand and think I was ungrateful. In fact, this support was very important to me, and I think I wouldn't get this FGFC if I hadn't this support. To get 12 pages of kind words before the FGFC on a thread about an overlooked instrument is stil to me.

Once or more, there they are. Thanks y'all!

People who posted on this thread so far.

Code:
MrOmyA
RJUCPU
cdylan13
Friedmannn
woozerkristen
CHawk
arvain
Graf
Nikki
SilverSwift
wesker-kun
DNA
sentimentalgeek
Xpertlefty13
dogfoodnyc
FinalAeon
jellyalv
Havikk
MAYRAluvsYA
sukergod
GuitarGeek08
Emptyeye
nbrazzx55
82erkle
bisq
ThePhoenix3
IsLegend9
Chaosxreigns
Kubuh
Prototype.X2
ccmoose
flammablelion
Jared1287
blakstang98
Applemaster9
TheNewWhites
TopGearFTW
GirlsNightOut
azeldin
goldengoal7
lilirock
bclare

Also, I'm not forgetting about the people who read this thread, and the people who supported me elsewhere. You all rock! Appaprently, from 5/9 to 6/22, only regular posters came here. Well, this doesn't come to case, as it's still very important to me in order to keep going with Vox.

More stuff soon! Mr. Green

Last edited by tidus on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I'M THE FIRST LISTED ON YOUR LIST I HAVE WON TIDUS'S HEART

I know you can get the FGFCAL at this point even with the flu (lol it wouldn't take much to do stuff on medium and easy). Still, good luck with it.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA - LOL! Well, I dunno...I listed everyone by order of their respective 1st replies to this thread. You were the 1st on the list 'cause, well, you were the 1st to reply here! The flu won't hinder my progress on Medium and Easy, but the repetitive routine IRL and my laziness will. But July's coming, and I'll have an one-month vacation from uni, so I'll be racking the remaining FC's in peace.

RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Tidus! Glad to see you're still making nice progress on your goal. I have no doubts that you will succeed, you are just way too awesome to do anything else <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you're getting closer to the goal everytime, just don't get lazy haha because you > routine !! come on, no way in hell am i going to let you sit there ! go get fgfcal NAO !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ - Thank you! Yeah, I stil can't stop yet. I'll get this FGFCAL at July, hopefully.

Arvain - Thanks buddy! Sometimes, me > routine, others, routine > me...but well, when the 1st unequalty prevails, I'll be racking up the FC's quicker than usual.

Just a reminder regarding my Youtube channel, which suffered a kinda death blow. Taken from my new channel...

TidusOfSH, at his channel description, at June 19th wrote:
Hi there folks. This is BRThunder, only with a new account. Thought I'd explain why I made this account and lost all of my vids.

It was actually an extreme carelessness from my part. I forgot to log out of the campus' computer yesterday's night, and someone took control of my account. And took down all of my vids and deleted my favorites too.

I got backups of ALL FFX-2, Rock Band, GTA: SA and some of the Warriors Orochi 2 vids. I'll be uploading them by bits.

I'm really sorry for my incompetence, folks.

All I can do so far consists pretty much of re-uploads, yet I'm still waiting to see how my Rock Band 2 re-uploads will end up in. I'm not at a good mood to get RB2 vids now, don't have enough time to train the chosen song(s) in order to get decent footage(s).

For now, there are the links for the four re-uploaded RB2 Vox vids.

Drain You (FC)
Any Way You Want It (FC)
Everlong (FC)
Feel the Pain (FC)

Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an ass to do that to someone.
If someone was signed in, I would sign them out.
Anyway, at least you have your vids and can re-post them.
I'm looking forward to vids when you're in the moodm to make 'em ^_^

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i was wondering why you had made a second account but alas it all makes sense.

I was just assuming that Youtube couldnt handle your awesomeness and they sent you a message demanding you making a 2nd account to share the load
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...replies! Gonna take care of them before the big update!

Lefty - I agree. But, as I said once there on YT, maybe someone who can't understand my tastes. Whoever is responsible for this doesn't know who has this channel, and...if I ever try to find who did this, it'll take a lot of time, and the issue will be known publically, something I don't want to let happen.

Suker - Haha! Thanks bud! I wish it was true, lol. But anyways, thanks for the sub!

Now I got a nice mood to play some Rock Band 2. While I don't have Guitar Hero: Smash Hits for another week, let's take care of some business and sustain my rage for a while.

Yay for Medium FGFC! Now I have Medium, Hard AND Expert FC'd! Still second place on 360 due to missing taps on Ramblin' Man and having random OD on the earlier FC's.

These FC's are all in order, so Chop Suey was awesome for me to recover my testosterone level after doing New Kid in School and, right after it, trying repeatedly to get the full FRS on You Oughta Know, just to miss the window for the last activation and lots of points. Gonna redo Ramblin' Man and maybe some other stuff to get a big advantage. Also, I started to get the remaining FC's on Easy with a 1st on Panic Attack by 4 points. Haha

Now today, I thought of re-FCing some hard songs. I thought of giving 5 tries to each of them. Could only play 2 of these songs, but both of them took less than 5 tries (and I missed on the same phrase when I had to restart). Embrace!

PDA was 20 points increase *facepalm* The backend of 3rd activation is actually the hardest phrase of the song. BUt let's go to the good news! Mr. Green

Tangled Up in Blue was sorta fluke. The intention was to re-FC with the alternative path (3/, 3/sk2, 3/BOD, 2/sk1). I had 2 or 3 consecutive misses on "I heard her say over my shoulDER", then when I got past it with the FC, I missed the window for the alternative 2nd activation. Well, I was like "shit, I have no choice, let's try it". A not-so-strong blow and I activated! My fear of missing was enormous. Passed the phrase about "name", passed the 4th verse, where I missed a lot before...passed "And froze up inside" with impressive ease, passed "And I became withdrawn" with deep voice (which isn't right for me)...then passed "I don't know what they do with their lives" (or something), and then the last "Tangled Up in Blue"! I couldn't do a mute reaction, so fuck it. I broke 350k, 6k increase, nice rank too. Now I don't give a shit about this song!

Well, this is it. *sighs of relief* now to attack those remaining 77 Easy Vox FC's eh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 20 of 39

Jump to: