FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Tidus!

And I don't think it's worth it to redo the ESL for the accomplishment, unless you just get bored one day. To me, it was more of a mental challenge than a physical one, and I really don't want to do it again (possible exemption of playing it with Interrobang, but even then, we wouldn't be doing it for the BoS, I don't think. Breaks are good!!) Beating the ESL is accomplishment enough!!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, congrats on the 420/420 at any rate...that's better than I did when I did the ESL2 (414/420). As for Panic Attack, that really sucks, but depending on how long the coughing fit was, is it possible that you would have failed out on the song anyway?

Hope you had a great birthday besides that though!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, man, you're 20 years old? The time runs fast, my friend

Happy bithday, Tidus Did you get a awesome Guitar?

Also, congratulations on finishing the Endless Setlist 2 with Painkiller FC, man. Rob Halford is so gay

Go for Medium & Easy FC!!!!!

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Az - After this one, I took a little break, but yesterday's night I couldn't resist and played some GH:Metallica myself. But, I have a whole week of the same routine, so I can rest my throat. I was really enraged at myself for doing it right the whole time and do the bullshit at Panic Attack. Now I feel a little calmer.

Havikk - Nice play with the acronyms! I've seen your BoS progress. Now I gotta look ahead, and get a mic to squeeze. We both got owned by PhiltyJeb.

Arvain - Yeah, this is how having a controller in your hand while going for BoS sucks. I liked your stuff, glad to have Lili passin' over here to give an idea, as I said on your thread. I'm really sorry for requesting something heavy though. Next time, I can't assure FGFC now FGGS, but now that I have 420/420, I don't need to worry about scores next time, but I'll really need a mic, if I ever try to go for BoS, which is kinda improbable.

CHawk - I just realized I'm not an achievement whore, and getting 420/420 is a very important step to 5-star everything on Tour.

RJ - <3333333333!

Kristen - Really agreed. As I mentioned, I'm used to focus on doing stuff to post on SH, so I don't care too much about game achievements and such. Well, I have my overdue platinum icon for my Lady Yuna as a B-Day gift, and it's good, I guess. But what would demand insane luck would be a go for BoS online, where you don't know if someone will disconnect due to possibly faulty connection or something.

Emptyeye - There would be high chances to fail out. But it could be at least on the taps, so I don't need to worry about any phrase or something. I could even go to a bathroom or drink some water to try to calm my throat! Fortunately, I had a great day. I can't ruin everything because of a game, no matter what, right?

Jelly - No, no guitar yet. Its hard to find a PS2 SG over here, let alone any 360 plastar. Let me just recover my throat, so I can FC Easy and Medium with some time. And, whether Rob is gay or not, it doesn't keep JP from being awesome, and doesn't take away even a bit of the greatness of Painkiller (the song that is).

I really don't know if I'll have some singo now, but I'll try to take some time to post on this thread the highlights of the ESL2. Tough FC's, "wtfh4x" feats and such. Be on look when I change my thread subtitle to "ESL2 Highlights"!

Edit: I unfortunately had no time to post the highlights now (lots of pics, little time), but I'm sporting my GH thread, where I'm actually doing GH: Metallica Vocals currently. If you wish, take a look!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: Sorry for not putting the ESL2 highlights up. I got a new cam and the one I used was passed to my mom. Anyways, this ESL2 thingy was getting old, and had a bitter end.

It's been 2 weeks since I touched RB2 for the last time, exactly for the ESL2. I was playing GH: Metallica, which I really wanted to play so much. So I took a short break from it, being seen that I was hurting my throat for the effort of singing the EXACT octave (and for my frustration, not always working). The unability to get DLC's can be my enemy here once again, so I may be back shortly. While it doesn't happen, I gave a shot to actual singing on some songs I really like and aren't too hard at all. I had to resource to humming/slur in most of the songs I was seriously struggling at, so I picked some time to practice a bit. I even got some FC's, maybe I can do a vid of these ones after some improvement. I need to get the fast words at Conventional Lover with consistency, be good at "thousand suns", and for now, I really can't do "Run, try to hide" and posteriorly "Overwhelmed by this complex delirium" without some "semi-humming", under the fear of choking (my 1st intention was to redux the song).

Also, 4th FC of this song, now on my normal octave. 130k will be very hard to get for now. No, no full-lyrics this time, hummin' all of the way *cracks neck and waits for Rock Band Vox nazi's*

Edit: Finally made it.

There is something especial. I was bored and finally decided to make a vid. Let me know how much improvement I need. I already know I need to improve the sound quality. But if there's one thing I really need about this vid is your feedback, not your hate.

Feel the Pain Expert Vocals FC

Enjoy!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
maybe I can do a vid of these ones after some improvement

yay

tidus wrote:
I'm having trouble uploading it again because of SlowTube. It's parking at 33-34% now, and it's too slow to progreed.

oh noes D=

but congrats on being consistent with UU !! this song is a pain... can't to see more redux ^^
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thank you! And...oh, it's ready!

Feel the Pain Expert Vocals FC

Mr. Green

azeldin  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, good vid! I like how you explain in your description that you're a guy even though your character is a girl, then when you start to sing... well, it would be SCARY if that was a girl singing
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, finally you heard me :P Orthogarfy iz rite? Iv nut, pliz curregt be.

So, I finally see how do you sing (90% like the artist) and what sensivity you use. Keep the videos

And congrats on Uncontrollabe Urge, I can't play it on Vocals, just like Give It Away, because pirate CD sucks

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the video Tidus!!! Hopefully we'll see & hear more from you

For using an external cam I think your quality and sound were fine (can't do much better without a capture card).

Very nicely done

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback: Your voice is a lot better than you give it credit for, and a lot better than I expected

RJ is right, for a not-capture-card it sounded pretty good. Hell, my not-capture-card doesn't even pick up sound more than 2 feet away

Make moar please

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool vid i NEVER imagined your voice was like that =O don't ask, i had no idea of how it could sound !! sometimes, the picture you have from people, you can't associate a voice on it but yeah, good job ^^ hope to hear more from you soon !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, it was very important.

Az - I like how you're not lazy and read the description. This is a rare thing on YT!

Jelly - It was intentional, after all. Singing like the artist is not an obligation yet. It just happens of me having a similar pitch as J Mascis. Let me understand about the UU and GiA thing, I don't get it.

RJ - Gotta keep up like that then? Nice one, although I'm really limited to a small chunk of songs right now. Expect a payback real soon! <3

Lefty - I'm just happy from knowing it. I'm really shy to sing in front of people under the fear of a rain of LOL falling over me, so this motivates me to do more vids.

Arvain - This is why people say to don't judge the book by its cover, amirite? But I know, people can think I'm a girl due to the avatar or the characters. But I just need to put an annotation and/or the disclaimer on the beginning of the description. So I let it up for who watches the vid. Mr. Green

Also, thanks sentimentalgeek, woozerkristen, GuitarHailz and stubbs99 (plus pinkpixy and msrockofstar who apparently don't have SH account :P) for the <3 on this vid! For now, I'm very restricted to few songs, but this will change hopefully, and the vids will flow!

Last edited by tidus on Tue May 26, 2009 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely vid. Much better singing than me (obivously), and most people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 18 of 39

Jump to: