FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdylan13 - Lol okay! Well, I skipped most of Medium myself, and now I'm seeing MUCH difference in relation to Easy

So, under the suggestion of wesker-kun, I did a character which looked like Rikku. The result was much better than on the attempt to make a Yuna-like character, let me get a decent screenshot to see who the blondie looks like.
I'm getting mostly 4-star on the Hard songs...but well, there were some setlists and songs which couldn't be played even on Medium, so I'm developing my skills to deal with HVox now. I finished the Tour, beating the Rolling Stone Setlist on Hard!

I also 5-starred two songs on Hard at the process: my 1st Hard 5-star score was Anyway You Want It ( ) and the other was Battery (pic is horrible and I can't see the score ). I think I'll be skipping Medium maybe, I think I'm getting hooked by Hard now.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Go Go Tidus! Hard Vox FTW! I know you can do it

Getting used to "singing" within the constraints of the gaming engine takes a little practice and that's what you've been doing on easy & medium. You'll pick it up more by pushing yourself into a harder difficulty. Then before you know it, Expert all the way!

Great progress for such a short amount of time and good luck! I'll be watching for more awesomeness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus! It's great to see you posting your own accomplishments on this side finally!

I haven't posted to SH in forever but I wanted to jump in here and cheer you on! You're making great progress with vocals so far. As you already know, it takes time to figure out the way the game wants you to sing, but the fact that you've started singing on Hard definitely shows how quickly you're progressing.

I look forward to more voxhax from you soon! Please give a shout if you ever need any help. (Although judging from the people who've been posting their support for you in this thread already, it seems you'll have no shortage of experienced vocalists to turn to... )
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ - Thank you! That's right, I'm getting kind of adapted to the restrictions, but I still gotta do a lot of work...I think I'm on a transition from Medium to Hard, can't pass songs like E-Pro, barely passed Panic Attack, but I 5-starred That's What You Get, which was totally supposed to be a very hard song for the machos. But I'm figuring out bit by bit of what the game wants me to sing, sometimes I have to sing VERY low.

Erin - Ohhh...don't worry! Thank you for your support! I really never expect to be doing such big jumps on weekends. Lots of awesome vocalists have been supported me so far, I don't know, maybe it's 'cause I really desire to be one of you, and have been documenting every step possible of my climbing. But don't worry, I'm taking some providences upon weird-pitched songs such as Colony of Birchmen, I watched that vid of yours, just need time to work on it.

In between work and school, I worked a bit on RB2 Hard Vocals. But when I bumped down to Medium after getting kicked on the ass for a bit, I've been forced into singing That's What You Get for a video shot. I really expected it to be a torture, sincerey. But I did awesome, that was my 1st time singing it, I was feeling free as a bird ( ), especially 'cause I was alone at home in the moment. 97%, 3 Strongs and 1 Okay. Well, Hard time. And I got my 3rd 5-star score after some time, I really think this is a cool accomplishment for me, as a novice on RB2 Vox.

Then, I went to revisit some easy songs on Hard. Result: 2 FC's. Drain You took some times, I had one miss on the OD phrase right after the talky, and on the FC run I nearly chokedon the last phrase. One Step Closer was very easy, 1st try, and with a path. Thanks SG for this path! <3

I'll be putting the FC pics on the OP later, as soon as I get a computer where I can resize them on Photobucket.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey that's nice see ? only starting to sing, and you already have some fcs ^^ good job !

also, you're right, erin's vids will help you a lot (they did helped me for the paths at least, and some for the fcs ^^ and she even has some tutorial vids, which i'm sure you're aware of )

good luck with your next steps ^^
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot? when i last got around here, you were playing on easy vox, and now you're playing at hard!

congrats man! you're progressing very fast!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First a response to the last replies, then the update below.

Arvain - Thanks! Her vids definitely help a lot, but I'll still need her vids and the ones from other awesome vocalists so I can have an idea of which path to use or how I should sing to get through the songs with no problem!

Wesker - Thank you! I was really surprised myself for getting hooked on Hard in so little time too. I'll probably have to stick to Hard for a while, as I still suck at most of the Hard setlist. It'll take some time 'till I feel that Hard is getting too easy, unless I start Expert right away to get adapted to it, instead of seeing the Hard pitches for too long. But I'll still see, there's still some respectable stuff I can get on Hard before going to have my ass raped on XVox.

So, in the Rawk-Aid setlist, I picked some earlier songs to check if I could FC later. Last song on it was Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated). It happened that I love this song, as well as The Offspring. And it happened that I got this on 1ts try. Shame on me for missing a tap though!

By the way, I promised to get a shot of my two current characters. The Rikku one is a bit out-of-date due to some tweaks on the clothes' colors, as well as the shoes. As for Lady Yuna, I did my best to find stuff to let her very alike, but failed. Then I put on some awesome blue clothes (she was all in blue as Songstress, right?). The name was more as a tribute to one of my personal favorite female video-game characters of all times, if not my favorite. Anyways, enjoy the pics! (especially you, Wesker! )

Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck

I see you have to play with a standard controller, no matter what

But I honestly see a good future. We all start off lower and work our way up, and you reached hard mighty quickly. Best of wishes.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefty - Thanks a lot! Hopefully I'll be getting the other instruments, and starting out small with them as well.

Another update...two new Hard FC's, very easy actually. CFC is triple tie for 4th on 360, Battery is bad score with a missed tap and failed Finesse attempt...

...That's What You Get redux with worse percentage and higher score, which I don't like a bit, and some Rob the Prez-O-Dent progress.

I have a major problem with the part after the Chorus 2, the pitch is VERY VERY weird

Also, I would talk about my throat. It wasn't necessarily RB's fault, especially with me taking care during the playing, drinking some water from time to time. I caught some kind of virus amidst all of the heat where I live at, and my throttle is inflamed, as well as my body getting a bit of pain. I took some medicine, and hope to recover quickly.

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha don't die plox !! (wait for 3/22 XD!!) be careful not to overdo it... and if you ever get a cold (which i doubt you'll get with the heat during summer in Brazil ), don't push your voice, it'll only get worse.

also, nice improvement on those songs ! and even not remembering everything from Rob the prez-o-dent, i totally agree : there's a part reaaally tough that often kicked my ass good luck with it and your virus !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thank you! No, I won't die, no worries! I'm recovering, taking medicines and all. I'll make sure I get a break from RB2 from time in time, especially 'cause some songs are getting on my nerves, especially Spoonman By the way, what do you mean with March 22nd...ha, I know, the transition from Summer to Fall in the South, and Winter to Spring!

Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus, you've inspired me to work on vocals. I nabbed a couple easy FC's on expert and Hard, and I plan on working on it more and more....and it's all your fault

I hope you feel better soon. All this vocal progress and a sore throat = bad news bears. Good luck with future FC's and such! Maybe we'll start a rivalry or something

EDIT:
LOL I just tied your score for Cool For Cats >_>

Last edited by Graf on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT, glad you started this accomp. thread. Keep on rockin' man!

My YouTube Channel
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
By the way, what do you mean with March 22nd...ha, I know, the transition from Summer to Fall in the South, and Winter to Spring!

yeah that too ^^ but i meant the day AFTER my streaming on esl2 voxtar. yeah next saturday should be march 21st (i think). also i really hope nothing will get in my way x_x

good thing that you're recovering though ^^ and HAHA, yeah Spoonman is by far the hardest song to fc when you're beginning ! good luck with it, and do a break whenever you feel the need, and i think a little rivalry with graf is a good idea !

ps : SAAaaaAAve mEEeeEEEeeeeee yeaAAAaaaAH !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shweet, more replies! No updates this time, I'm getting a brief break from singing. Just responding to the replies and all, but I'll come back with more this weekend!

Graf - Thank you! Oh, I see...didn't expect to cause this impact! I'm taking some break myself, 1st day without playing RB2 methinks...I'm pretty sure I could get better with a recovered throat, sometimes the arrow was disappearing, maybe it was my throat failing...but well, as for the rivalry, I posted on your thread about the situation.

Dogfoodnyc - And I'm glad I'm getting your support as well! Thanks a lot!

Arvain - Ops, I forgot about your stream...Spoonman may be one of the hardest songs technically to pass, but there are many songs out there where I haven't put enough work to pass. E-Pro, the most undertiered vocal song in the game IMO, is an example. I posted on Graf's thread about the rivalry idea, I do hope I can have chance to play decently so I can suck less, unlike on the Cliffs of Dover failure (remember?). Also, hopefully nothing will keep you from streaming, I'm giving my vote of trust on you, Arvain!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: