FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone 5-starred RttH?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Anyone 5-starred RttH? Reply with quote

This mostly goes out to Sevinz and Someguy... have you guys 5-starred RttH yet? If so, do you recall about where the cutoff is?

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... I'm still so far away (my highest is about 170k). I always lose my combo during the guitar solo where they start adding the fill-in 8th notes on the bass drum. I'm likely going to mod a pedal like this:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226

Hopefully that will work much better. The action on the RB pedal is virtually non-existent.

Gratz to you guys. NOT an easy feat.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip... or butt (get it?!?!). I'll try it out tomorrow. What size sticks are you using by the way? I'm using Vic Firth 5A Extremes.

K, I'm off to bed now.

yakityyakblah wrote:

anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoPance  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
Damn... I'm still so far away (my highest is about 170k). I always lose my combo during the guitar solo where they start adding the fill-in 8th notes on the bass drum. I'm likely going to mod a pedal like this:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226

Hopefully that will work much better. The action on the RB pedal is virtually non-existent.

Gratz to you guys. NOT an easy feat.

I did this mod yesterday and it's amazing. I went back and 5-starred 6 songs with it that the BD had been holding me back on. Only 6 left.

For me 4 magnets was the right magnetic field to fire the reed sensor consistently, and I used cardboard to put the sensor about 1cm or 0.5cm from the magnets when the pedal was fully depressed. It's very sensitive, even 16th notes (although that was by hand, I'm not that cool. :P) and I drop combo a lot less than I used to with the RB pedal.

I have one more mod that I'm doing tommorrow--I had 4 7" diameter 3/16" thick gum rubber pads fabricated for me at a pipe gasket shop (like $2.95 apiece), and I'm gonna try adding those to the drum to get some bounce back.

XBL GT - No Pance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Yeah, and another tip for RttH; I do it in my video, so you can see exactly how to use them, but overall, try playing it with the OTHER end of your drumsticks.

On drummania, a lot of people play with the other end of thier drumsticks because the point of impact is larger, thus giving a better vibration to the piezo sensor inside of the pad, while not overpowering it like the tip of a drumstick would, causing multiple hits.

I went up from 170,000 to 205,000 using this, so try it out for yourself and see if it helps at all.

I love you. Used the butt end of the sticks and got 209,875 (1st on leaderboards now) and I missed the BRE, which would have given me about another 4k.

Are you sure the 5-star cutoff is ~203k? I saw mine ding right around 206-206.5k. I see your score is just below that... weird.

yakityyakblah wrote:

GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Yeah, and another tip for RttH; I do it in my video, so you can see exactly how to use them, but overall, try playing it with the OTHER end of your drumsticks.

So in my quest to Guitar Center today to buy a bass drum practice pad to mod my pedal, I also picked up a pair of these:

I couldn't stand playing with my normal sticks and holding them from the butt end. The weight was off and it felt weird in my hands. With these, you're getting the butt-end non-tapered-ness of the stick, but still have the grip of a normal side of a stick. They're essentially fatter timbale sticks. They seem to be working great so far! Note that I don't think mine say "5A Backbeat" on them... I'm pretty sure they just say "Backbeat", but they definitely feel like 5A's, so they very well may be.

yakityyakblah wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: