FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Beatles Rock Band - Now in stores!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Picture (yourself on a boat in the river) Guitar Hero: Aerosmith but you know- replay value

While obviously sarcastic, I have hereby decided that as a fan of GH:A, I am going to take offence at this.

You shall hear a letter from my solicitor.

Hmph.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BShea wrote:
hmmm I thought it wasnt going to be a part of the Rock Band series?

Apparently they have changed their tune on this point. Check out this article.

Quote:

NEW YORK – Rock Band is getting the perhaps greatest rock group of all time: The Beatles.
The Beatles' management said Thursday that a Beatles version of the Rock Band video game will debut Sept. 9. In addition, they'll sell accompanying instruments modeled after the ones used by the band.
This is the first time Rock Band has based a game on one group, according to MTV Games. (ummmm AC/DC?) It has not yet been determined what Beatles songs will be included in the edition, available for Xbox360, Playstation 3, and Wii video game consoles.
Representatives of the Beatles and Rock Band had been planning a collaboration for months, but initially, the final project was not supposed to be a Rock Band game, but another type of game compatible with the instruments used for the popular series.
But MTV Games said in a statement: "As we moved through the creative process, it just seemed to make sense to clearly highlight the association between The Beatles game and the critically acclaimed Rock Band franchise. The game is being developed by Harmonix and will utilize and build upon the core foundation of Rock Band to create a brand new and innovative Beatles experience."

So while this news excites me that it is much more likely that the songs will ultimately be able to be imported to RB2, it makes me wonder about what other innovative gameplay features have been dropped to make it Rock Band compatible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, isn't it interesting to see that HMX is finally dropping the PS2? Given that RB is absolutely massive, maybe this means the PS3 is finally coming back from the gigantic flop it has been 'til now? And, by extension, it means that Sony hasn't FUBAR to the point they'll be second banana to Nintendo/Microsoft?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toymachine: What are you mad at? The fact that we might not be able to import the Beatles, or the fact that people whine about it?

And on the whole subject:

Of course they should tie Rock Band into the title of the game, that will help give it more appeal, just like how Activision is running with the popularity of the "Guitar Hero" name. Which is why GH:WT is outselling RB2, even though RB2 is superior.(opinion) Also, Guitar Hero isn't the greatest name for a "Full Band" game.

And it would be really sweet if the songs end up being tranferrable, but I bet the game on it's own will be unique and different.

I dunno, I'm suprised at how early it's coming out, and I can't wait to hear more news.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
noble  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Pretty sure this game is going to be fun on vocals :P

also:

There was something missing...

Wait....

That's better ;)
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
DrBanxon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Pretty sure this game is going to be fun on vocals :P

also:

Seriously this concept of everything being DLC/Exportable is really starting to annoy me. This isn't an AC/DC track pack. This is going to be an all encompassing Beatles extravaganza

Picture (yourself on a boat in the river) Guitar Hero: Aerosmith but you know- replay value

pksage wrote:
fUNC wrote:
...and PS2 users are finally left in the dust

And good riddance.

agreed.

HA, there aren't enough Lost/RB/GH jokes :[

Anyone else thinking "$60 Wii game?!"
I know I'm not, since I'll be getting this for the 360 :3

ALSO: My brithday's the on 9/9/09
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else thinking that the Special Edition costs more because it might come with a replica bass controller?

Either way, definitely looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting to see what Harmonix has in mind to crank the difficulty curve on songs that, by and large, "shouldn't" be that difficult. Aside from the rare exception, even the vocals aren't terribly complex on most of their work (unusual tracks like Twist and Shout notwithstanding).

Oh, and interesting point about no PS2 version. Maybe some of the PS2 users will finally get around to upgrading, though honestly I think it would require that Madden and FIFA not making the transition to PS2 one of these days for most PS2 users to even care...
Engel  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBanxon wrote:

Anyone else thinking "$60 Wii game?!"
I know I'm not, since I'll be getting this for the 360 :3

ALSO: My brithday's the on 9/9/09

At first I was thinking "The Wii is actually getting a RB related game on time?!" Then I realized "Oh, $60... knew there had to be a catch >_>"

But this game still sounds like a snoozefest to me. And until they actually produce some gameplay videos that show otherwise, I'm going to have to assume that I'm correct.
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about if The Beatles songs are challenging enough. Rock Band is a party game. Most people aren't even good at music games and the only true good plabands are on internet world tour mode, and these games are far better with people in the room.
daniel192  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes out on my friends birthday (He'll be 17). Nice I must say, we should soon be getting screens, amirite?
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterMcLov1n wrote:
I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about if The Beatles songs are challenging enough. Rock Band is a party game. Most people aren't even good at music games and the only true good plabands are on internet world tour mode, and these games are far better with people in the room.

No, I agree completely. I've never had more fun playing this game than when I play with friends for fun, or at parties. No FC run could be more fun than playing Come Out and Play or Dirty Little Secret with my friends, and Beatles + Party = super fun time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is more interested in how it'll be presented more than the songs themselves?

...I have a feeling those music videos were only the beginning of HMXs plan to rule the world with epilepsy.

Yes, and those words are "Glurmph wrakckin OWWW yragwragy RAARWR"
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh $60 wii game.

Eh.

I'm wondering if they'll use all the instruments as they mainly used Gibson guitars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadalooTJ wrote:
Cool, 5 days before my birthday. I can't wait to see screen shots of this game.

5 days before my birthday too! Except I live in the UK so the dates or release will most probably differ.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 3 of 128

Jump to: