FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Beatles Rock Band - Now in stores!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrunkOM  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the credits right now... just because. Thought I'd mention a few other observations while they scroll by.

- When you unpause the game during a song there is a 3 second countdown like in Guitar hero.

- The Effects switch does nothing... and I'm pretty sure that the whammy is only for star power. If it affects the sound at all, it might only be on certain songs and very subtly. I'm pretty sure it's not at all though.

- The crowd hardly boos when you fail out. In the studios the tape winds down.

- The first prize I unlocked is the first Beatles Christmas fanclub record which is pretty cool. You listen to it while there are pictures from the album and you can read the newsletter sent out. These videos can be paused and resumed.

- Probably been noticed from screenshots, but there is a difficulty meter for each instrument on the difficulty select screen which I thought was a very nice touch. Not all band members might know how hard a song is and won't be sure what difficulty will suit them. That certainly helps. You can also switch lefty/righty and scrolling/static here.

- Sorting options in Quickplay (and similar lists) includes: Difficulty, Alphabetical, Album, Vocal Parts (1 2 or 3 parts) and venue Venue

- I'm pretty amazed at how different the dreamscapes all are. I just played through the first Abbey Rd Sessions and thought they might all be a bit similar, but they're really all quite different. Quite the effort put in actually.

- The Difficulty sorting in Quickplay changes depending on the instrument being played. If you doing solo vocals, the list will be in a different order than solo guitar or band. Looks like bass does get the shaft here though.

Last edited by DrunkOM on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
DrunkOM  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawk00eyed wrote:
Did you do that in Band Quickplay? Did the score upload to the Leaderboards? Or do only Band scores from Story Mode count towards the leaderboards?

Yes, I did it in Quickplay. Of course they went to the leaderboards.

Not sure what your other question about choosing your band means. There is no band but the Beatles in this game. The leaderboards are all Gamertag.
Opelious  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To touch a bit on failing out, as you've probably already read, you don't get booed off the stage, you just go to a fail screen. I was actually surprised how quickly it pops up. The screen fades to black, then the fail screen pops up. I don't really like how that was handled, because it was so jarring, but I'm sure I can live.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Opelious PSN Name: Opelious
Colino  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrunkOM wrote:
I'm watching the credits right now... just because. Thought I'd mention a few other observations while they scroll by.

- When you unpause the game during a song there is a 3 second countdown like in Guitar hero.

- The Effects switch does nothing... and I'm pretty sure that the whammy is only for star power. If it affects the sound at all, it might only be on certain songs and very subtly. I'm pretty sure it's not at all though.

- The crowd hardly boos when you fail out. In the studios the tape winds down.

- The first prize I unlocked is the first Beatles Christmas fanclub record which is pretty cool. You listen to it while there are pictures from the album and you can read the newsletter sent out. These videos can be paused and resumed.

- Probably been noticed from screenshots, but there is a difficulty meter for each instrument on the difficulty select screen which I thought was a very nice touch. Not all band members might know how hard a song is and won't be sure what difficulty will suit them. That certainly helps. You can also switch lefty/righty and scrolling/static here.

- Sorting options in Quickplay (and similar lists) includes: Difficulty, Alphabetical, Album, Vocal Parts (1 2 or 3 parts) and venue Venue

- I'm pretty amazed at how different the dreamscapes all are. I just played through the first Abbey Rd Sessions and thought they might all be a bit similar, but they're really all quite different. Quite the effort put in actually.

What's The End's dreamscape like?

Are the credits the emotional train ride they promised us? Any other songs in the background? How are the cutscenes in story mode?
TRWhiplash  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for anyone who has the game; is I Want You (She's So Heavy) the full 7+ minute version, or did they do some kind of edit?
plutoknight  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how people are getting the game early? the typical stores breaking street date I guess?

....man if only 7-11 did games still!

Yes, and those words are "Glurmph wrakckin OWWW yragwragy RAARWR"
hawk00eyed  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrunkOM wrote:
hawk00eyed wrote:
Did you do that in Band Quickplay? Did the score upload to the Leaderboards? Or do only Band scores from Story Mode count towards the leaderboards?

Yes, I did it in Quickplay. Of course they went to the leaderboards.

Not sure what your other question about choosing your band means. There is no band but the Beatles in this game. The leaderboards are all Gamertag.

Awesome. Because in RB2, if you play as a Band in Band Quickplay, the scores don't upload to the Leaderboards. The Global Leaderboards that is. That is because since you don't choose your BAND at the start of Band Quickplay, there is no Band name to associate the Quickplay score with on the Band Leaderboard. Thus, the only way to upload Band Scores was through World Tour.

Interesting that the Band Leaderboard is tracked by all Gamertags now, makes sense, and eliminates that Band Quickplay uploading issue.

Excellent news, thanks!
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are band scores tracked online with gamertags? Four gamertags + a score like in Metallica/Smash Hits?

Also, gonna repost this just in case - is the piano charted in Revolution, or any other songs?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
How are band scores tracked online with gamertags? Four gamertags + a score like in Metallica/Smash Hits?

Also, gonna repost this just in case - is the piano charted in Revolution, or any other songs?

I don't have the game but with a little bit of logic you would realise that the score will always be one, no matter how many players. So obviously a band will have a band score uploaded from one gamertag (game owner or whoever's gold account started the game)
DrunkOM  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added this to my observations..... but it's up a little higher than I thought it was.

- The Difficulty sorting in Quickplay changes depending on the instrument being played. If you doing solo vocals, the list will be in a different order than solo guitar or band. Looks like bass does get the shaft here though.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can't apply when four people are playing together online - who's gamertag gets the credit in this case?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
That can't apply when four people are playing together online - who's gamertag gets the credit in this case?

I would imagine each gamertag uploads the same score.

Players A B C D play a song, score 100 points.

Player A goes up to the leaderboards with a score of 100

Player B goes up to the leaderboards with a score of 100

Player C goes up to the leaderboards with a score of 100

Player D goes up to the leaderboards with a score of 100

Would make sense, not that hard to grasp
lazor  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them?
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which would be similar to Smash Hits/Metallica, which would have been a fine answer. But you don't have the freaking game so I don't know why you keep butting in.

Last edited by NavyCherub on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
hawk00eyed  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrunkOM wrote:
I added this to my observations..... but it's up a little higher than I thought it was.

Haha, poor bass. Thank god they made up for it in all the other areas of bass playing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 105 of 128

Jump to: