FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harrah's Rock Band Tourney Preview - Submit your Questions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
count220  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Harrah's Rock Band Tourney Preview - Submit your Questions! Reply with quote

RockGamer is going to preview the $10K tournament setup tomorrow in Atlantic City:

http://www.rockgamer.com/2009/02/27/rockgamer-previews-harrahs-rock-band-tournament-on-twitter/

So feel free to post any questions you have about the competition in the article's comments (I'll be checking that much more frequently than the SH thread) and I'll try to get as much info from the organizers as possible.

I'll also be posting real time updates on our Twitter account all day tomorrow: http://www.twitter.com/rockgamer so follow us if you're not doing so already.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
count220  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this hasn't been mentioned before... in the itinerary we got I found this:

Quote:
Rock Band competitions, featuring a full concert-like stage setting
complete with microphone, base, guitar and a full five-piece drum kit with
cymbals. A Rock Band backdrop and plasma TVs facing the band and the crowd
complete the rock concert ambiance for the experience of a lifetime.

If I had to guess I'd say they're referring to the ION, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

[EDIT: Come to think of it... 4 pads + bass pedal is 5 pieces, so I guess it could be either of the kits we know (RB2 and ION) with cymbals add-ons]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Is it IONS, goodwoods, a stock kit with crap stickers on it so they could label it as custom in the press release?
2. Any lag on the setup?
3. Breakneck Speed allowed?
4. Is there anything else calculated into the 50% score portion other than pure score (aka gold stars)?
5. Do bands going to the next level get free travel/accommodations?

That's pretty much it. I'd like to see the an actual performance judged, to get a feel for what they think is cool performance-wise, like windmills versus playing lefty flip.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
count220  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
1. Is it IONS, goodwoods, a stock kit with crap stickers on it so they could label it as custom in the press release?
2. Any lag on the setup?
3. Breakneck Speed allowed?
4. Is there anything else calculated into the 50% score portion other than pure score (aka gold stars)?
5. Do bands going to the next level get free travel/accommodations?

That's pretty much it. I'd like to see the an actual performance judged, to get a feel for what they think is cool performance-wise, like windmills versus playing lefty flip.

A tech left a comment on the RG article verifying that the IONS will be used at all venues. Will get back to you on the other 4 questions.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on score only. Great ... I'm terrible at all the high-scoring songs they allow :/.

(1) Did the really mean to put Teen Age Riot on the list of allowed songs? It's so much longer than everything else.
(2) Can we bring our own Destroyer pedal or kickbox, if we allow anyone who shows up that night to use it? The Roadie pedal is pretty much universally detested; it makes too much noise and gets stuck.
EDIT: (3) What's with the "Pepsi Online", "Microsoft", and "MTV" slots in the bracket? Can't see from the rules how those work.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockGamerTwitter wrote:
Not excited about round 1 rules. Its going to be a bunch of Scorehero zombies playing the same 3 songs. We love them anyways

They better.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
CraZy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockGamerTwitter wrote:
Confirmed that first round is based on band score, not percentage. You can play once per band per venue per night.

elaborate please

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
nipps  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
RockGamerTwitter wrote:
Confirmed that first round is based on band score, not percentage. You can play once per band per venue per night.

elaborate please

i take it that if you add a different member to the band it is a new band and you can play a new song!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nipps wrote:
CraZy wrote:
RockGamerTwitter wrote:

elaborate please

i take it that if you add a different member to the band it is a new band and you can play a new song!

well i wanna know if that means u can go to each venue each night. with the same band. thats sick if u can. haha.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: