FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone who went through Best Buy for hardware returns?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Anyone who went through Best Buy for hardware returns? Reply with quote

When I bought RB on launch day at Best Buy, I also purchased a 2 year replacement plan. The store guy said that if any of my hardware or software broke (or scratched disk), then I could take it in and get it replaced. It sounds really easy, but since the instruments arent sold separately yet, Im wondering how it will actually work. My guitar has recently malfunctioned, and Im suspicious of my red drum pad, so Im thinking about taking advantage of my replacement plan very soon.

Did anyone else get anything like this, and if so, get anything replaced in this way? I know the little pink insert said to avoid retailers when getting hardware replaced, but I obviously found that after I had bought the replacement plan. If anyone can say anything about how this works, that would be much appreciated

EDIT- I called BB, and they said I have to take EVERYTHING to the store to get it all replaced. Turns out my red pad is busted after all, but since I have to take everything back to get it replaced with a completely new box, it doesnt matter either way. Its a bit of a hassle, but if I can avoid EA and the shipping nightmare, I gladly will. The replacement plan is $30 for two years, so I forsee having to do this again sometime in the future. Hope this helps anyone who got this plan, or is considering getting RB from BB.

Hope this helps

Last edited by spartancl44 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
aceplace  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also purchased the replacement plan but when my guitar broke I ordered one through EA's warranty program because I figured if I took it to Best Buy I'd simply wind up with another guitar that would break fairly quickly.
JoshuaP714  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: I got your answers if BB didn't help ya. Reply with quote

Ok I worked at BB, for many years, first year as a customer service rep then the rest for Geek Squad. How replacement plans work are, if the game is still under mfg. warranty then they will just replace it under that warranty not under your replacement plan. If it is not under mfg warranty that will "fufill" your replacement plan and you will get another game but you will have to buy another replacement plan to cover that product, or you can just replace it and have no warranty once so ever.
Draftcard  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are only good for 1 replacement/repair from the best buy plan

i suggest you send your stuff back to ea and not use up your best buy plan just yet

this way when the rest of the stuff breaks in a year you can do a second return

the ea thing isnt so bad, they sent me a free game for being patient
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: