FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/24 DLC - Alt Country and Jimmy Eat World! The Cars (Wii)!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: 2/24 DLC - Alt Country and Jimmy Eat World! The Cars (Wii)! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features the following tracks, now up for score-tracking:

• 3 Dimes Down by Drive By Truckers
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Can't Let Go by Lucinda Williams
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• People Got a Lot of Nerve by Neko Case

• Time Bomb (LIVE) by Old 97s

• Satellite Radio by Steve Earle

• Futures by Jimmy Eat World

• Lucky Denver Mint by Jimmy Eat World

• Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World

Wii only (previously released elsewhere):

• All Mixed Up by The Cars

• Moving in Stereo by The Cars

• Bye Bye Love by The Cars

• Don't Cha Stop by The Cars

• Good Times Roll by The Cars

• I'm in Touch with Your World by The Cars

• My Best Friend's Girl by The Cars

• You're All I've Got Tonight by The Cars
The five-track Alt Country pack is available for $8.49 (680 Microsoft Points), the Jimmy Eat World pack is up for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points), and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and PLAYSTATION®Network. The Wii tracks are $2.00 (200 points) a piece.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:03 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff about the Jimmy Eat World pack:
1) Futures has a crowd sing-along, I think. Might need to listen closer.
2) Lucky Denver Mint is the only song with a solo. For both guitar and drums. The drum solo is rather long, I only got 93%, but that got me 11,000 points. The guitar solo is like Ballroom Blitz's (80s) fast part, in that it's fast strumming constantly shifting between different colours. Not as fast though and only really shifts between blue and orange. Still, it caught me off guard first time.
3) This pack is awesome on drums for everything. Ditto vocals. Bass and guitar, not so much.
4) I love this pack, but that comes with extreme bias.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass on the Jimmy Eat World songs is painfully easy. You'll only miss if you fall asleep through boredom... or if you're an idiot. Guess which of those choices applies to me.

EDIT: Also I lolfailed in the solo on Lucky Denver Mint when I did my guitar sightread. FML, etc.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I played Sweetness on guitar, and thought it would be easy...but those chords, it felt like Take the Money and Run/Girl's Not Grey/I Get By all over again, except easier.

And Lucky Denver Mint. Ow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Bass on the Jimmy Eat World songs is painfully easy. You'll only miss if you fall asleep through boredom... or if you're an idiot. Guess which of those choices applies to me.

Well, Futures and Lucky Denver Mint, yeah. Sweetness is a teensy little bit more tricky, just because it likes to change things up on you once you get into a groove, like random triplets and quintuplets, or strange GRO hammeron bits.

Anyway, bass charts!
- Futures
- Lucky Denver Mint
- Sweetness

Alt country charts coming soon, still uploading since I pulled a stupid and accidentally closed the Youtube page in the middle of uploading. Like three times. >_<

Edit: Alt country charts!
- 3 Dimes Down
- Can't Let Go
- People Got a Lotta Nerve
- Time Bomb (Live)
- Satellite Radio

Last edited by S1ckH4nds on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Mezonn  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii owners got The Cars this week, it's up already. Seems like the updates are coming earlier every week now, hopefully new DLC is right around the corner.

EDIT: Or not. They're all up there, but it says "This item is no longer available for download" when I try to purchase any of them. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was ever a song to teach alt-strumming endurance, LDM guitar is it. Not difficult per se in the least, but man did my wrist start to hurt near the end. Also, Sweetness's pattern annoys the hell out of me for some reason- I didn't start hitting the full phrases until about 3/4 of the way in.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
ace-kicker  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have havent bought any songs for quite awhile. i'll probably get the jimmy pack. you know
platinum trophy for rb2 [ ]
Catch a shiny Giratina (started march 29th 2009) [ ]

youtube name--> (iamjoshconrad)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
Mezonn  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought Good Times Roll, and got a... let's say 'interesting', error message.

If you can't read it due to my crappy camera (and TV, now that I think about it), it says "This is a test" over and over with random letters strewn about. I couldn't continue, so I just reset and was able to redownload and play it with no problems, which is lucky, I was thinking my data would probably be corrupt. Anyone else gotten something like this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a chance to do vox on everything but Can't Let Go.

Of those, I liked them all except for 3 Dimes Down.

None were particularly challenging, they were all just kinda fun to sing. Although, the lyrics on the Neko Case song seem so bloody random.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
fuse  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an FC of Sweetness and Lucky Denver Mint on Expert Drums
Sweetness FC
Lucky Denver Mint FC

EDIT: Added Lucky Denver Mint Expert Drums FC.

Last edited by fuse on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
If there was ever a song to teach alt-strumming endurance, LDM guitar is it. Not difficult per se in the least, but man did my wrist start to hurt near the end. Also, Sweetness's pattern annoys the hell out of me for some reason- I didn't start hitting the full phrases until about 3/4 of the way in.

Opposite for me- I got Sweetness' strumming pattern fairly quickly, but LDM remains a 4*. I'm finding it tough to switch reliably between fast strumming on G/B then switching to R/O. For some reason, I naturally switch up to Y/O Mind, this is one of the rare occasions where playing with 3 fingers really hinders me.

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy the Jimmy Eat World songs too much on guitar- LDM was a huge chordfest, and Sweetness wasn't much different. I didn't mind Futures, but it is very easy too. However, definitely glad I bought the pack, because I love all 3 songs on Vox, especially Sweetness.
Snoman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utter snoozefest on guitar for the JEW pack, didnt bother with the stupid country stuff, not that great of a week

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urikobb3 wrote:
Definitely glad I bought the pack, because I love all 3 songs on Vox, especially Sweetness.

Yeah, even though none of it's all that hard as far as tiering goes, I think vox is the big winner this week. There's just something cool about singing

"WHOAOHOHOAONETHOUSAND posts!"

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody working on/close to/have a Lucky Denver Mint Expert Guitar FC?

I'm curious as to how hard it actually is to do. (Also, how high the score is, because that's a lot of chords.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: