FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/17 DLC - Turbonegro and White Zombie! + Nirvana (Wii)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjackson  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These songs look alright, not great, not bad.

I think that these recent 3-song weeks are kind of a double-edged sword:
On the one hand, it's only 3 songs, which is disappointing because it's less than we're used to.
But on the other hand, they have made me less of a dlc whore by providing less options, so better for my wallet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYRE wrote:

Yeah, Hymn 43 and Funk 49 are awesome.
Sin Wagon is very nearly the best song for guitar EVER RELEASED as DLC for Rock Band, in my opinion.
Fratellis are great on vocals and drums, and have decent guitar parts, plus they're awesome songs, though that doesn't mean too much.
Don't know about the No Doubt pack or this week, though.

Sin Wagon did look fun, but the fact that I would have to listen to the Dixie Chicks to play it overwhelmed that by far. The Fratellis didn't look too bad on drums, but they didn't look that special and the songs themselves sounded kind of irritating as well.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven Nirvana tracks have now been added for Wii players, enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cotter11 wrote:
ace-kicker wrote:
i just want some more coheed and it'd be nice to see alkaline trio and silverstein

As much as I'd love to see Alkaline Trio as DLC, I don't think they'll ever be put on RB, cos it'll be too main stream for them, cos they prefer to keep themselves as a lesser known band.

Eh? I've seen Alkaline Trio shirts in Hot Topic, and they had a song on THUG. I'd say they're not doing too great of a job staying 'underground.' Either way, the one song of theirs I've heard was pretty good.

Also, I can't believe I just noticed...Turbonegro and White Zombie. The white one has two songs and the negro has only one. HMX are racist.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Also, I can't believe I just noticed...Turbonegro and White Zombie. The white one has two songs and the negro has only one. HMX are racist.
They're also republicans. Note what happens if you name a character "Obama."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Harmonix should put the First Impressions Of Earth album on there by The Strokes, and maybe put some more of The Killers (for example, Somebody Told Me, All these things ive done, more from the new album to) in there. In the future, say in like 1-3 months, or so?

and definitely get some more Screamo/Grindcore stuff in there. I know most people don't like that stuff, but its not as bad as you think. Its decent. I use to hate it, but now i like it.

Last edited by xXxCthi3L93xXx on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXxCthi3L93xXx
xXxCthi3L93xXx  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Twang"][quote="cotter11"]
ace-kicker wrote:

Yah but the funny thing is that Turbonegro is all white guys, there pretty good actually. I mean everyone has to say yes to this question. Have you ever seen Jackass 2? Well turbonegro has a song in there, called All My Friends Are Dead, take place like the BMX Gaunlet thing, HMX needs more TURBONEGRO! j/s.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Just something I figured I'd point out.

The filter effects are really really cool on Black Sunshine.

Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire.

The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45

True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night.

This is black sunshine.

I need to pick some of these songs up when I get my xbox back, they seem fun.
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
honestly i swear the last decent DLC that came out was the yngwie malmsteen pack.........more epic DLC pl0x?

Going by rbdlc, so far in 2009 we've had the best guitar song in the game released (Cowboy Song), the best vocals song in the game released (Doin' that Rag), and the second best drum and bass song released (Funk 49). We've also had a bunch other great stuff on every instrument but guitar (Space Truckin', Hymn 43, Fratellis, Typical, and Jailbreak on drums, Fratellis and Roy Orbison on vocals, Creepin' up the Backstairs and Typical on bass).

I'm not disagreeing with your general sentiment, but I'm gonna warn you about rbdlc.com stats. Ever since they added the quick review feature (and maybe because they changed how scores are averaged), newer songs have been receiving higher scores than older songs in general (presumably because they get more "reviews" and fewer... reviews), and I don't think that's just because the new songs are better. Not that the new stuff hasn't been good of course, but I think some relative rating inflation has been going on recently at that site.

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
toddles822  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, glad to see the Wii get those Nirvana tracks.

I would like to see more songs from In Utero, and some from Bleach. (Especially Floyd the Barber, I wanna sing that. ) :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxCthi3L93xXx wrote:
i think Harmonix should put the First Impressions Of Earth album on there by The Strokes, and maybe put some more of The Killers (for example, Somebody Told Me, All these things ive done, more from the new album to) in there. In the future, say in like 1-3 months, or so?

and definitely get some more Screamo/Grindcore stuff in there. I know most people don't like that stuff, but its not as bad as you think. Its decent. I use to hate it, but now i like it.

Hey, welcome to ScoreHero! There's a thread for song requests here if you want to add to those suggestions .

Man, I really wish there would've been a way to accurately chart a slide. Doing a simple hammer-on in MHTH just feels wrong.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
ChemicalWarfare  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does this mean the wii wont be getting the zombie songs, or just possibly in the future.. id much rather have white zombie than nirvana.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only got to play these on drums.

Wasted Again was surprisingly fun for such a straightforward punk song... It shouldn't have been as enjoyable as it was. But then again, it helps that I like the song.

Black Sunshine was super fun, although some of the double bass-hit/pad hit combinations in the outro had me going o_0 on my sightread.

More Human Than Human was really enjoyable, and I'd bet my SR came close to GS'ing it. Kind of funny seeing as how most of the drum vids on youtube are showcasing no fail. But then again, I've always had fun with stuff like Outside and E-Pro, so I guess I'm just good at hi-hat rolls with offbeat bass.
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddles822 wrote:
I would like to see more songs from In Utero
Can't happen unless they're covers. All of the instruments on In Utero were recorded together, so the masters are unusable.
ChemicalWarfare wrote:
so does this mean the wii wont be getting the zombie songs, or just possibly in the future.. id much rather have white zombie than nirvana.
They'll be coming eventually. Harmonix is catching the Wii users up on the back catalog for a while, and then the plan is to release the new songs together (possibly while also releasing less popular old stuff: Locksley, NBB, and the like).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some Emery and The Devil Wears Prada. Both would be fun on just about everything, though TDWP would be almost entirely "talkie parts" on vocals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: