FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
bclare is done here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh holy fuck I passed Visions. 77%, 48067, 3 stars. I used OD very very cautiously (ie only when I was just about to fail) and didn't have any at the end so I nearly failed out. Now I've passed every song on expert bass (on-disc at least) except for GG&HT, but I haven't played that for months so I'll get around to it next time I pop in RB1.

Oh, and Visions put me over 11million career score for bass, which I know isn't impressive or anything but it was a goal of mine so that was very good. 11.5m by the end of the year maybe?

FCed Pump It Up. One of my favorite basslines in RB2, after a whole bunch of times getting -1 and -2 over the past year. 44 setlist FCs.

also since the last time I bumped:
FCed Sunday Morning, 2nd try. Need a path for it though, because I keep screwing up and getting OD leftover, plus I know its not a good path anyway.

Finally FCed One Step Closer. Bah to that song. Also got another -1 on Alex Chilton, a few thousand points improvement though.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatles! Pretty tough on vox, bass I got SRFCs of A Hard Day's Night and I Want To Hold Your Hand, plus a SR -1 on I Saw Her Standing There, which is final tier (~4th tier in RB2 but its not an easy song). More to come; playing through the story mode on vox then doing the challenges on bass, so only the first song on bass gives me an actual score.

eh, here's listage

Beatles RB Expert Bass FCs:

1) I Feel Fine (impossible to GS probably)
2) Ticket To Ride
3) I Want To Hold Your Hand
4) If I Needed Someone
5) I'm Looking Through You
6) Day Tripper

Others: -1 on I Saw Her Standing There, -2ish on Can't Buy Me Love, Eight Days A Week choke on the ending orange altstrumming
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for some more beatles, here's the updated list of bass FCs

1) I Feel Fine (impossible to GS probably)
2) Ticket To Ride
3) I Want To Hold Your Hand
4) If I Needed Someone
5) I'm Looking Through You
6) Day Tripper
7) Drive My Car
8) I Wanna Be Your Man
9) Yellow Submarine
10) Twist and Shout
11) Getting Better
12) I Me Mine
13) Eight Days a Week (in a Chapter Challenge, so no score entry)
14) Can't Buy Me Love
15) A Hard Day's Night
16) Do You Want To Know A Secret
17) Good Morning, Good Morning
18) The End
19) Get Back

Still not sure if I should add these on to my main bass list of RB2 FCs, or keep it separate. Adding them on means I'll get to 200 bass FCs a lot sooner though...
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, FCed a couple more songs on bass, they're on the first post.

Did a bunch of songs on Hard Vocals, Harmonies, just to see what it was like. Also shot a Performance Mode video of A Hard Day's Night on Expert Vocals, you can find that here
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for some more beatles bass FCs, and for being first on the career leaderboard online
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for stuff. FCed Renegade, beat my high scores on some Rush songs (but not FCs, just good GS).

Also, in older news:
As I predicted, I bought $10 worth of DLC. Coulton, LTMR, Bat Country, Kryptonite, Guerrilla Radio, and Tribute. Picked up 2 bass FCs and 1 vox, and I can probably do Guerrilla Radio bass (and vox) very soon too; the LTMR and Bat Country bass, maybe later, Tribute has crazy strumming I can combo it sometimes but it's beyond me to FC it. GS maybe. Also FCed Breaking The Girl, great song, plus Inside Out.

And tonight I randomly FCed Everlong and Bodhisattva on vox during bqp. Didn't even realize I had FCed Bodhi until the stats screen came up, I was too busy missing half the goddamn taps. Also FCed Prayer of the Refugee vox

edit: Actually Tribute isn't as bad as I thought, I was going way too fast. I could definitely get GS but FCing it is still a longshot at best, with the length of the strumming and the fact that it moves from R to O
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a few new songs, will get more tonight and update. SRFC-ed Gay Bar and Handlebars on vox (both easy, but still). SRFC-ed Handlebars bass. SRFC-ed Rooster bass for #150

older: FCed Renegade on bass. Not a good score though, since the best path should use a lot of OD in the outro where it's 8th notes on Y instead of 4th note sustains. Beat my high scores on Vital Signs, Limelight, Camera Eye, but still didn't FC any of them. I have GS on all of Moving Pictures except for Tom Sawyer now though. Also beat my high score on Alive and I Was Wrong, but -1 on each. Also, FCed This Ain't A Scene... It's An Arms Race, and I Don't Care. Altstrumming makes it a lot easier... Anyway that's 2/3 FoB songs, but I don't know if I can get Dead on Arrival, since on RB1 I have to use the strat that doesn't altstrum very well. FCed More Than A Feeling, good song good bassline.

edit: er, also don't have GS on YYZ. I always forget to include that...
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I posted anything here. The only big news lately is that I just GSed Bodhisattva on bass, completely randomly. Until the outro, I had no misses and one overstrum. I guess I can FC that if I put a little work into it, but that may or may not ever happen. Also, I had some new FCs on Beatles, but holy shit Cuno just destroyed all of my scores; not first on a single setlist song anymore. That really deflates my enthusiasm for that, but I'll still get the FGFC eventually.

older stuff (since last bump)
Abbey Road! SRFCed Maxwell's Silver Hammer on bass, very fun chart. Also since I looked at the SH page for Beatles, I found out I'm 2nd now! So I'm reduxing the songs I hadn't done with paths, and maybe going for the rest of the setlist FCed. Knocked out The End (one try) and Dear Prudence (like 15 tries). FCed Her Majesty on bass, but it's one fucking note. I'll do it on drums sometime, maybe it'll be my first Beatles OMBFC if I can do the guitar.

Bought What's My Age again and FCed on vox, bass soon probably. Also FCed Bat Country vox, and The Trees vox. Yay.

GS on No Excuses (bass)

I get no love here I guess I'll have to try to do something cool
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg minesweeper 109 seconds

Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
omg minesweeper 109 seconds

Thats crazy. Seriously.

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that's good!

Do you know if you hold the fastest time on SH?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about the same as my best from ~12 or 13 years ago when I used to play way too much minesweeper (on a 486 laptop with Windows 95, and a thumb-sized track ball rather than a mouse :-p) I think my best on Intermediate and Beginner are around 25 and 3 seconds (I always felt like I was best at Intermediate).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
wow, that's good!

Do you know if you hold the fastest time on SH?

Hm... Here is the result of a totally non-exhaustive forum search; the1and only1 says his best is 84 seconds, so that blows me out of the water. Probably not a coincidence that we're both math majors though (well, now both math degree-holders).

Also, turned up this thread about Mines; someone mentions getting 110, and a lot of good advice from ShinobiAC about the basics of playing on Expert.

Another SH-er, eman(lots of numbers) has a vid on youtube of him winning Expert in 58(!) seconds, here

(edit: the numbers are the decimal expansion of the number e, I didn't feel like typing his whole name though. Again, math person)

Slightly more info if anyone cares: world record times are in the area of 30-40 seconds (you have to get an incredibly lucky board), my best times are 6s on beginner and 39s on Intermediate. Playing expert is a huge adjustment from intermediate, when I started getting into Mines a year ago I would feel great just to beat it once in a while, and my times would be in the 200-300 second range. Now I beat it about 1/3 of the time (24% is my cumulative success rate) and usually in about 120-150 seconds. Most games of expert Minesweeper (I think the majority) are un-winnable without guessing at least once. Me and a friend tried to work out the percentage of winnable games, but it's such a complex problem that we didn't have the time for it.

Oh, and in the process of searching through this, I found my request for the Minesweeper banner, and it was Nollaig who made it, so thanks to him (and I'll edit my OP to clarify)

@Kawigi: That's a great intermediate time (and beginner, but honestly that's all just luck, right?). I've never played with a trackball, but I've had to a few times with my laptop's touchpad and it's very awkward.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bclare]@Kawigi: That's a great intermediate time (and beginner, but honestly that's all just luck, right?). I've never played with a trackball, but I've had to a few times with my laptop's touchpad and it's very awkward.[/quote]

The strange thing about that format was that I had to take my thumb off the track ball to right-click, so rather than do that, I just never set flags (an odd habit I have to this day).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you making fun of the fact that I've lost 381 games of expert minesweeper in a row and have yet to beat one yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30

Jump to: