FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Show Off Your Drums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtsdeathreaper wrote:
Got mah ION's today ^(>_<)^

Out with the old, in with the new

Wait, wait, wait, what kit did you use to have?!?!!!
SonicSpeed  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
Wait, wait, wait, what kit did you use to have?!?!!!

It looks like he had the Ion iED01 kit (or something similar). I hated that kit, but it was enough to last so I could get some proper Ions.
doobers  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the crappy angel.
Red is a mylar with a stock ion head cut to fit, with duct tape.
Yellow is a stock ion with with a mylar cover
Blue and Green are stock ion.

Pedal is stock ion with duct tape in two parts to reduce wiggeling

And that little peach splot in the bottom is a beanie babie used as a stand for the legs on my ions, i lost one of them, held with duct tape.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Doobers, you need tape to fit the rubber on the head? Shouldn't it snap on over it?

Anyways, here's a run down of my kits:

This one isn't up here at college. I like them, but not as much as RB drums. The brain (since it has MIDI) is the one good thing about it other than it works fine. I may sell this kit. If you are interested, PM me.

My previous RB2 kit. I modded the yellow and red pads with RB silencers. I removed the entire plastic head out of the shell and separated the rubber from the layer of felt underneath it. In addition, I moved the piezo sensor closer to the head, giving more sensitivity.

Then, I simply replaced the yellow/red rubber with the RB silencer cut out to fit directly in the rim. The finished product looks like this
I did this because my red and yellow pads have cracked. The red rubber did in fact start bubbling due to the uneven surface below. The yellow wasn't as bad, but it was getting there. There's a slight loss in rebound, but it is MUCH quieter and it even goes off with a finger tap as I moved the sensor around. I am selling this kit. It works perfectly, no notes missed. I can mod the heads with silencers if you'd like. PM me if you are interested.

FINALLY....

This kit is great. I have two cymbals but I can only use one since I am missing a l-rod for the drum brain. It's a real pain to set up, but I'm sure I will get it down soon enough
Thanks to robbyx4595. He gave me quite a bargain on the kit, since I'm pretty sure he isn't active in RB anymore.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
doobers  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
^Doobers, you need tape to fit the rubber on the head? Shouldn't it snap on over it?

The red pad is a reggular mytlar pad with a stock ion pad on top of it. It works as a silencer.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took away my cymbals because they made me mad. time to play this kit drunk!

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
nextneilpeart95  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time I showed off my drumset

Mylar pads on a second hand rack I got off of EBay for about $55.

My epic duct tape pedal. It's a broken RB2 stock connected through a headphones splitter to a 1/4" to 1/8" cable to the Ion Module. I mummified it with Duct, and, I must say, it works better than ever!

And my trusty Vic Firth drum sticks. In the backround you can see my crash for my actual acoustic kit, my Gibraltar drum stool (Its the black thing at the bottom) and my flip flops

Will probably post a more detail pick of the pedal and throne, butI'm too lazy.

Sorry for the bad quality. These were taken on a DSi.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot, DM10 Studio kit!

It passed the "Can this play Visions" test flawlessly, and works with Pro too

Breakneck Speed, just as dangerous as Rapid Cocaine or Swift Mushrooms.
SixShooter  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My drum evolution:

I started with the RB2 kit, wore that out in about 3 months of playing, then got the IONs about 8 months ago.

A month an a half ago they were the stock Rocker Core:

Then I changed the red pad to mesh, using a Roland MH-8, to see if I liked it:

Then I got my cymbals from NEMS:

I had to mount my yellow cymbal a little differently, since it seems the red pad would pick up vibrations from hitting the yellow cymbal, when it was mounted off the same arm as the red pad.

I made my own kick trigger set-up recently. I very much prefer the Pearl pedals to the "Stapler", so much smoother.

I also received a Pintech Concert Cast 10" dual zone pad as well. It was working ok, and sensitivity was ok, but it wasn't as sensitive as I like, so I modded it, changing it from a reflection plate trigger to a cone trigger and added a Roland mesh head (not in pictures yet).

Anyway, used some scrap metal to make the frame work:

Attached to my Pearl pedals, which I also receive recently, with an ION pad attached to it. This was the pad I had already modded with a mesh head:

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll be adding some velcro to the foot, since it seems to want to move forward when I'm using it.

I made my own kick box circuit, using a transistor and a few resistors. I also added some jumper pins, to change the polarity if need be, since the first time I had it soldered up without the jumpers I had the polarity wrong on one of the cable connections. I figured this way if I change kick triggers or the ION brain, and the polarity needs to be changed this will be the easiest way.

It hangs off my yellow cymbal mount for now. lol :

And overall:

I have 3 Roland MH-8s to mesh the other three pads, I just haven't got around to doing that yet. I also have another project that I will be building and adding to it.
rpr  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kit in it's current configuration. It started as an ION kit, but it has morphed a tad...

and one for my 4 year old son:

The drums are all converted acoustics (8", 2 x 10" and 12" snare), still need to clean them up a bit. The heads are all hand made 'pet mesh' door screen, cymbals are all Pintech. The cymbals are heavily muffled because the sound drives my wife crazy.

Still working out a very occasional double trigger on the hi-hat cymbal, and the snare is not as sensitive as I would like. Once I get the MIDI Pro controller, I can really start to get it setup the way I want (double-bass, hi-hat pedal, better control over sensitivity). For now, the ION controller works OK.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous of your son, rpr.
I'd post a pic of mine, but it's a pedalless RB1 stock kit with no rubber on the red pad.
Still good for playing Believing though.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Animeboythebest  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alixbox1723 wrote:
Woot, DM10 Studio kit!

It passed the "Can this play Visions" test flawlessly, and works with Pro too

Sweet dude I'm planning on getting this soon, how is it with the module?

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: animeboythebest
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got bored; thought id put something up

-been having some overhitting issues lately; hopefully itll get worked out soon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
got bored

the EXACT SAME pics in your help me thread lol

nothing new for me...got a kickbox? yay? haha

My Accomplishments
onlycatfud  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda new here. Never felt quite at the SH level but I hold my own. Old DDR tourney player, came from GH to RB, done some RBN stuff but never finished a song through playtest (yet).

But I am proud of my kit so here we go:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: