FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Show Off Your Drums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejl46  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another drum kit I just finished. I found all the toms on Ebay for cheap. 8" bass drum, 12" snare, a couple 10" toms, 12 and 13" toms. Cut them in half and re wrapped them all to match.

I used Decorative Tape over 3 1/2" vinyl window blinds for the wrap.

I built these drum the same as I built these drums

Found the TD6 on Ebay for $150, 3 cy8 cymbals for $45 a piece.

I can also play Rock Band with it using the GHWT midi controller. Video

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, though I hate how in the US you can get these things for dirt cheap.

In the UK the cheapest you'll find CY8's is £50, which is around $70, and a TD-6 is around £250
Alixbox1723  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:

In the UK the cheapest you'll find CY8's is £50, which is around $70, and a TD-6 is around £250

Indeed, as well as sites like RockBandParts.com which have awesome stuff but it costs triple the price to ship it here. As far as I can tell the best deal is the Alesis DM10 Studio kit, which is £699 and has 6 pads + 4 cymbals and a sweet brain, especially compared to the price of a comparable Roland set (in the thousands).

Harmonix/MadCatz better sell that MIDI Pro adapter locally too, since most GH brain mods or custom MIDI to controller boxes are made in the good'ol US of Expensive Shipping A.

Breakneck Speed, just as dangerous as Rapid Cocaine or Swift Mushrooms.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alixbox1723 wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:

Indeed, as well as sites like RockBandParts.com which have awesome stuff but it costs triple the price to ship it here. As far as I can tell the best deal is the Alesis DM10 Studio kit, which is £699 and has 6 pads + 4 cymbals and a sweet brain, especially compared to the price of a comparable Roland set (in the thousands).

Harmonix/MadCatz better sell that MIDI Pro adapter locally too, since most GH brain mods or custom MIDI to controller boxes are made in the good'ol US of Expensive Shipping A.

Thing is I can't buy a whole kit now after just buying my recent E-Kit which only costs £350. The price scares my parents so I need to upgrade bit by bit, which is not easy in the UK

And IDK about you, but I've made 2 GH MIDI Boxes before and I'm 13, there's nothing hard or difficult about it. And the MIDI Pro Adapter id already on the UK Gameshark website but it sadly doesn't come out for a full month after RB3
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably time to order some GWM for my RB2 kit...it still works, but the red pad is on its way out. I finally have one of those infamous X's of tape on the red pad to (attempt to) keep the piezo from caving in as the head is cracked.

For the record, RB2 stock pedals actually crack...mine just did so at the right at the bottom of the pedal.

Also, 3500th post

@Mike: I'm surprised you don't sell any of your completed kits...granted you don't need to since you give wonderful instructions...but hey, profits? Haha.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
FinalSunrise  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
It's probably time to order some GWM for my RB2 kit...it still works, but the red pad is on its way out. I finally have one of those infamous X's of tape on the red pad to (attempt to) keep the piezo from caving in as the head is cracked.

For the record, RB2 stock pedals actually crack...mine just did so at the right at the bottom of the pedal.

Also, 3500th post

@Mike: I'm surprised you don't sell any of your completed kits...granted you don't need to since you give wonderful instructions...but hey, profits? Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPLkf2Y92E

This is my friend, all his pads are ripped off and replaced with multiple layers of duct tape, and hes first worldwide on the Green Day Rock Band leaderboards, he is also first on a lot of the harder Rock Band Network songs, i thought I'd show his set off for him haha
nextneilpeart95  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:

Also, 3500th post

I think my red maybe dropping notes.... But yeah, My RB2 pedal broke 2 days ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got 2 mylar pads today. Since my yellow and red were the most fucked up, i replaced those. My blue and green pads (blue especially) are bubbled as hell. I want 2 more pads, but i can't because i need to start saving for GH6 and RB3.

The chest is used to keep the pedals from going forward too much. I don't want to ruin the tiles by nailing them to the floor and I'm too lazy to use the straps.

Close-Up:

I'm very impressed with the mylar pads. Although it will take some getting used to, they have the bounce that rubber pads never had. They are super sensitive, and they won't get bubbles.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Kamiano  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the silencer or the mesh head mod to get rid of bubbles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamiano wrote:
Do the silencer or the mesh head mod to get rid of bubbles.

He's trying to save money and meshheads can be expensive, especially if you screw something up and mess up the pad. That's why I haven't mesh head modded mine yet. Still using the original Ion pads.

EDIT: after looking up vids and tutorials, I'm seriously rethinking my above comment. Looks like $40 with shipping isn't a bad idea after all and if you're careful you have almost no chance of screwing it up.

EDIT2: I just ordered my meshheads from Music123 for about $30 with shipping. Given that the only materials I need are builders/plumbers band, this mod will run me about $35 total. Wish me luck!

EDIT3:

Here are finished pics!

Yes, those are sponge pieces underneath the green pad. They worked well enough, but I didn't like the yellow so I went and got a piece of sanding block foam and used that for the other 3. I might go back later and remodify the green pad using the sanding block foam later, but I'm probably happiest with the green pads performance so maybe not, don't need to fix it if it isn't broken, right?

Another interesting thing to note is that the red pad was SIGNIFICANTLY worse off than the other 3. Here's a pic of the foam under the red pad. The other 3 pieces of foam were mostly in tact, though the yellow was pretty bad too.

I'm probably gonna go order some 8" diameter circle foam pieces to replace them all, but I need to do some research and make sure I get the right density foam for the job. Overall I am VERY happy with the improvement in performance. I don't drop notes at all any more. Rebound is AMAZING. I actually have to make sure I don't hit as hard as I used to or else the sticks go flying. If you have any questions about doing this mod, PM me and I'll help as much as I can.

Anyone know where I might be able to order these foam pieces from online? Or what density the foam might be? Arts and crafts stores here in Hawaii suck major, so I can't just take in the foam and be like "I need this plz"

Oh yeah, I pretty much did TheLAMEBeaver's mod for this. You can look that up on youtube, it was a pretty good description and he covered all bases pretty well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining the iON club probably next week...getting a sweet deal on the set.

Pics/edit when it's all set up

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
CodyD165  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hawt brand new Goodwood set on the ol' Wii RB2 QM Also 2 stock pedals and the PDP adapter. (Style points for all of the old console controllers lying in a mess around the set?)

)
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mah ION's today ^(>_<)^

Out with the old, in with the new
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtsdeathreaper wrote:
Got mah ION's today ^(>_<)^

Out with the old, in with the new

Lord help us all.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
StreamOfNath  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my IONs today.

Most comfortable setup, EVER. I tried to model the pads slightly after the layout of playing RB on a GH kit, as that's what I've come from/am used to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: