FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Show Off Your Drums
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaelaen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Show Off Your Drums Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
I've now updated this thread to sticky status seeing as it has really taken off! If you have any custom guitars you want to show off, check out the "Painted Guitar Index" thread on the other side of the forum.

I remember seeing a similar topic a while ago, but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, show off your set.

Here's mine, I've been sitting around with two cymbals when I've had three for like a month, simply because I didn't know where to put the third one. Or how to put it. I'm poor, so I couldn't afford a new mount for it so one day I stuck a pen wrapped with thick outdoor tape and tied that down with a lot of duct tape then taped that pen to an arnis stick which I then duct taped to the stand.

This wasn't the way I wanted it set up. I wanted to have the hi-hat separate from the drums so in case I wanted to play for real, I'd just slide the snare to the middle and set up the hi-hat to the left, but I couldn't find anything to put the hi-hat on. So I settled for a permanently unrealistic set up, and by joe I don't care that it looks stupid. It's incredibly fun to play 'realistically', because in reality I can't ever play for real ever because I'm poor.

I keep the pads in more or less the standard rock band positions because I still play somewhat competitively for scores. Anyway, here's a picture of most of my 'mod.'

Thanks to davidshek for his posts in many places about pintech cymbals, and destroyer pedals for... the destroyer pedal. Also, flash ruins everything. The gum rubber on my pads don't look nearly that smooth, it's like a mushroom forest when you see it in actual lighting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My modded RB1 set...

But after I get my PS3 fixed, and I buy a module, I'll be using this, my real set.

Last edited by SloRacer1080 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:50 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: SloRacer1080
Kaelaen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloRacer1080 wrote:
First pic

Oh man, I think I saw you post that somewhere else but I still get a kick everytime I see it. That's an awesome idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, yea, i have a thread up about it... here
Never got a chance to get a vid of it in action before the ps3 crapped out. Can't wait to try my e-kit on RB tho, that should be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always using different controllers and stuff, so here is the latest for 2009. Built mostly with hardware store parts.

This is my current upstairs drum kit. Roland TD6, GHWT drum controller, 12 ad 10" mesh drums.

Tutorial on how to build this drum kit http://www.edrums.info/bucket_drum_1.htm

This is my current down stairs drum kit. Roland TD3, GHWT drum controller, 8 and 10" mesh drums.

Last edited by mikejl46 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 am; edited 3 times in total
boogie70  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modded Wii QM set..Fun as hell to play...Changes from the pic, the mesh is now single ply- edges of the base have been cut to fit....

Kaelaen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejl46 wrote:
I'm always using different controllers and stuff, so here is the latest for 2009. Built mostly with hardware store parts.

This is my current upstairs drum kit. Roland TD6, GHWT drum controller.

pic

This is my current down stairs drum kit. Roland TD3, GHWT drum controller.

pic2

Oh man, and they match the furniture too. And boogie's just look sleek as hell. One of these days I hope to replace my gum rubbers with mesh, you guys really, really make me want to make that jump. Not to mention I need to work on the aesthetics of the thing, you guys make me feel ashamed for using duct tape.

Also, boogie do you plan on getting a third cymbal one day? Before I had mine, I was really starting to get tired of grinding out career scores, but with the ability to play sort of realistically and play just for fun is, well, fun. It just feels right hitting rides with something other than the blue pad, you know?

Also SloRacer1080, I checked out your thread and are you still planning on a pedal to switch the yellow to a blue? That idea sounded really cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaelaen,

Thanks for the kind words...as I posted here this morning, I'm getting the "itch" to go for another mod...I've got a PS3 on the way, so I'll need to transfer the existing heads over, but what better time to add the third cymbal!!! lol.. But the cymbals overall add so much more fun to RB...
SloRacer1080  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well once the ps3 died, everything for that was put on hold.
But of course, I'm not the only one who thought of it. I actually recently saw a website that sells a little module for just that purpose. To switch the yellow/blue pads. Can't remember what site it was, but it was one of the ones that sell the e-kit modules. So basiclly I'm pretty sure that idea is scrapped. Unless I get bored someday and just wanna do it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloRacer1080 wrote:
Well once the ps3 died, everything for that was put on hold.
But of course, I'm not the only one who thought of it. I actually recently saw a website that sells a little module for just that purpose. To switch the yellow/blue pads. Can't remember what site it was, but it was one of the ones that sell the e-kit modules. So basiclly I'm pretty sure that idea is scrapped. Unless I get bored someday and just wanna do it.

I think I've seen the module you're talking about, and I don't think it actually switched the yellow to a blue, it just turned the closed hi-hat sound into an open hi-hat sound. Of course I could be wrong, didn't really read much into it, but I really don't remember it mentioning it changed the hi-hat to a ride.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB1 QM set w/ Harmonix silencers
CD-R mod (one CD-R under each pad, in the center)
$40 Yamaha bass pedal with stock RB1 pedal sensor

Stock GHWT Drumset

Ludwig 5AN Nylon-Tip Sticks
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogie70 wrote:
Modded Wii QM set..Fun as hell to play...Changes from the pic, the mesh is now single ply- edges of the base have been cut to fit....

[img]

Dude, that's win. Is that just the Mesh Head mod on your kit, or something else?

And how did you get the Pintech cymbals to be set up? I wanna do that.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
karmajack  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my retired RB2 set...

And here's my Ion. The pic is already outdated. It doesn't include my e-cowbell, the Roland KD-8, The Kick/HH Box combo, or the HH pedal.
JaoSming  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse the mess, this was taken right after I moved in

I move the hihat over to my left so I can play with my arms crossed
exegence  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roland td9-sx attached to my new midi box from k1ds3ns4t10n.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: