FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Voxtar FC Breakdown?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Voxtar FC Breakdown? Reply with quote

I was thinking that it would be interesting to have a voxtar FC breakdown. With voxtar, a lot of the difficulty of a song varies from person to person, but we could try to create a good one if everyone pitched in. Anyone else think we need one?

cdylan13  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start it off, I think Painkiller is the toughest on RB2 by far.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Fernwilter  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres so many.
Battery?
PainKILLER?
Panic Attack?

We need more pros like ES942.
Now that would be a sight!

Scratch me Mosh 1, mister DJ man!
www.rbforum.se - The one and only Swedish RB froum!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Fernwilter
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
To start it off, I think Painkiller is the toughest on RB2 by far.

I would agree with it being the hardest, unless you're a godly guitarist, in which case One Way Or Another could run it close for sheer annoyance factor. That said Painkiller is extremely hard (hence why it hasn't been done yet), along with Panic Attack. Bodhisattva too, particularly if going for tambo hits too (I honestly don't think it's humanly possible to do it and get all of them).

Underrated songs:

Spoonman: Singing very hard in general, tough solo...and singing during said solo? Ouch. Also, easily choked.

Any Way You Want It: Singing not the easiest, tough start of 1st solo and end of 2nd solo, singing during solo again.

Rob the Prez-O-Dent: Very tough vocals, annoying guitar part.

Shackler's Revenge: Extremely difficult solo and the vocals are tough if you don't know what you're doing with the pitches.

Teen Age Riot: Very long song, some tough parts on guitar near the end and consistently difficult pitched vocals throughout make this one a battle. Incredibly easy to choke it too.

Alive: Vocals are difficult, especially towards the end...when the tough solo kicks in at the same time. Chokefest!

Pinball Wizard: Final vox phrase, generally difficult on guitar regardless, without factoring in the verse singing.

Master Exploder: Three tough solos, verse strumming/chords can be a nightmare for some, annoying vocal intro.

Then there are other songs that are tough on voxtar purely because of the sheer difficulty of one instrument, including Visions, Lazy Eye, Shoulder to the Plow, Tangled Up In Blue, Let There Be Rock, Peace Sells, and Chop Suey. I probably missed some, but there's a start at least. I know socialskills tiered the songs into four tiers for the purpose of the voxtar rivalry, so that could also be another place to look for a comprehensive breakdown. Also, we need ES in here.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
socialskills  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
I know socialskills tiered the songs into four tiers for the purpose of the voxtar rivalry, so that could also be another place to look for a comprehensive breakdown.

Thanks for the shout, Swift! Actually, qirex sent me a very nice list of the songs reorganized using the Guitar difficulty rating + Vocals difficulty rating rather than the Full Band difficulty rating. It was a lot more accurate, but still didn't necessarily reflect the added problem of playing a tricky parts simultaneously.

We don't need ES, by the way; I'll give you his FC breakdown right now:

Easy FC's
(83 songs)

Might take a couple of tries
Visions

Hard FC's

Impossible FC's
- All 3,255 RB1 BWT stars collected (solo, voxtar, expert)

Voxtar guide.
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Painkiller is DEFINITELY the hardest. Trying to do that slide up on "thousand suns" WHILE doing those rhythms on the guitar? Absolutely insane. And then you know, there's the guitar solo.

Other ones I've thought that would be incredibly hard are:

Spoonman (singing during solo, entire song tough on vocals)

Visions (incredibly easy vocals, but making noise while playing guitar makes FCing the guitar part just that much harder)

Let There Be Rock (Incredibly tough guitar, fairly challenging vocal, trying to get them all at once is crazy)

Tangled Up In Blue (You practically need to memorize the vocal part because of how annoying the guitar is, what with the changing chords... and it's pretty much the hardest vocal part in the whole game, especially for memorizing)

Shackler's Revenge (Pretty much insane on both parts)

dore  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with LTBR being hard, because there's one phrase where you have to sing while playing guitar (though that is arguably the hardest phrase in the song. also I'm discounting the "whoa!" in the first guitar solo because I think your TV could FC that for you lol).

I think it's possible to have a detailed, objective breakdown of the last few tiers but most of the earlier songs would simply be preference because there's so many songs that are easy on both instruments and so many songs with one negligible instrument.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to strongly disagree with Painkiller being the hardest. I managed it after maybe an hour or two of working on it, but Tangled Up in Blue and One Way or Another are still giving me hell after working on them for hours. Of course, I am not primarily a vocalist, so I could see someone who is having a harder time with ones like Painkiller.

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really can depend. Tangled Up in Blue is definitely in the top 5 hardest due to an incredibly hard vocal and a guitar part that isn't challenging but demands your attention if you don't want to screw up. I honestly don't see One Way or Another being hard once you have the talky, which appears at the beginning of the song.

Reasons for Painkiller being hard - Ridiculous solo (despite no vocals during it, it's still ridiculous), singing while doing weird strummy rhythms on guitar (especially "brighter than a thousand suns" which can be a tricky phrase to get on solo vox... but is made much harder by the weird strumming)

Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost Easy is a tough one that hasn't been mentioned yet.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to vote for TiuB to be the hardest. OWOA just has that annoying talkie though, so I guess I'd say TuiB is the hardest to double FC. Both parts just require total attention. And I really don't think a Voxtar Painkiller FC would be that much harder than just a Painkiller guitar FC (despite the fact that that is pretty hard in itself). Same with Visions. If I had to pick the hardest 5 to get I'd say

1) TuiB
2/3) Visions/Painkiller
4) Peace Sells
5) OWOA (stupid talkie is really the only problem and it's early so this one kind of boils down to dumb luck)

iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
I'd have to vote for TiuB to be the hardest. OWOA just has that annoying talkie though, so I guess I'd say TuiB is the hardest to double FC. Both parts just require total attention. And I really don't think a Voxtar Painkiller FC would be that much harder than just a Painkiller guitar FC (despite the fact that that is pretty hard in itself). Same with Visions. If I had to pick the hardest 5 to get I'd say

1) TuiB
2/3) Visions/Painkiller
4) Peace Sells
5) OWOA (stupid talkie is really the only problem and it's early so this one kind of boils down to dumb luck)

Painkiller is actually a pretty tough vocal, especially the "thousand suns" phrase which happens to be during one of those annoying rhythm strum parts of the guitar... I'd personally say a Painkiller voxtar FC is quite harder than just a solo guitar FC. I don't think I'd put Visions in the top 5 personally. You can probably just tape the mic to your guitar and 100% the vocals part just by the sound your strumming and fretting make. Visions is the perfect example of a song that isn't really much harder at all with vocals added.

Looking over the song list again, it seems that the hardest song is a three-way tie between TUiB, Painkiller, and Peace Sells. I kinda forgot about Peace Sells. I actually haven't tried it on voxtar yet, but the mere thought of singing during the clusterfuck they call the final solo frightens me. It's actually a vocal with decent challenge as well, because Mustaine is out of tune. Even before the solo, there could be some very chaotic parts of the song for voxtaring.

Also, I wouldn't really consider Almost Easy to be that tough... there's no singing during the solo or during the hard fast strumming parts, and it's a pretty easy solo vocal FC.

I just looked through the song list, and here are all the songs I would consider to be tough Voxtar FC's:

American Woman (crazy ending on vocals, combined with a guitar solo that isn't at all hard but doesn't have straight rhythm)

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter (fast strumming part)

One Way or Another (only because of talky)

Alive (fairly long song, very hard vocal)

Aqualung (fairly long song, fast part)

Supreme Girl (easy to run out of breath on vocals which is easy to manage when you don't have guitar to worry about, not so much with guitar added. Plus fast strumming bits on guitar)

Pinball Wizard (incorrectly charted vocals, fast strumming with nasty chord changes on guitar while singing)

Rob the Prez-O-Dent (simply the rhythmic contrast between singing and guitar part, a pretty tough FC on both instruments individually)

Any Way You Want It (solos very tough, the only easy parts of the vocal are also when the guitar is very easy unfortunately)

Let There Be Rock (guitar part, that's pretty much it considering you don't even play both instruments at the same time most of the song)

Lazy Eye (guitar part)

Teen Age Riot (incredibly long, tough on guitar)

Spoonman (singing while soloing... also very tough throughout whole song on vocals)

Chop Suey (never tried it, but seems tough on the fast parts with chord changes)

Shackler's Revenge (deceptively tricky vocal that occurs during weird HO/PO sections, ridiculous solo)

And lastly, all of the final tier guitar songs. Most of them because they're really hard on guitar, but Painkiller, Ramblin' Man, Master Exploder are definitely three that are made much harder with vocals added.

swedenman  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceefudgesickle wrote:
ccmoose wrote:

1) TuiB
2/3) Visions/Painkiller
4) Peace Sells

Painkiller is actually a pretty tough vocal, especially the "thousand suns" phrase which happens to be during one of those annoying rhythm strum parts of the guitar... I'd personally say a Painkiller voxtar FC is quite harder than just a solo guitar FC. I don't think I'd put Visions in the top 5 personally. You can probably just tape the mic to your guitar and 100% the vocals part just by the sound your strumming and fretting make. Visions is the perfect example of a song that isn't really much harder at all with vocals added.

Looking over the song list again, it seems that the hardest song is a three-way tie between TUiB, Painkiller, and Peace Sells. I kinda forgot about Peace Sells. I actually haven't tried it on voxtar yet, but the mere thought of singing during the clusterfuck they call the final solo frightens me. It's actually a vocal with decent challenge as well, because Mustaine is out of tune. Even before the solo, there could be some very chaotic parts of the song for voxtaring.

Also, I wouldn't really consider Almost Easy to be that tough... there's no singing during the solo or during the hard fast strumming parts, and it's a pretty easy solo vocal FC.

I just looked through the song list, and here are all the songs I would consider to be tough Voxtar FC's:

American Woman (crazy ending on vocals, combined with a guitar solo that isn't at all hard but doesn't have straight rhythm)

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter (fast strumming part)

One Way or Another (only because of talky)

Alive (fairly long song, very hard vocal)

Aqualung (fairly long song, fast part)

Supreme Girl (easy to run out of breath on vocals which is easy to manage when you don't have guitar to worry about, not so much with guitar added. Plus fast strumming bits on guitar)

Pinball Wizard (incorrectly charted vocals, fast strumming with nasty chord changes on guitar while singing)

Rob the Prez-O-Dent (simply the rhythmic contrast between singing and guitar part, a pretty tough FC on both instruments individually)

Any Way You Want It (solos very tough, the only easy parts of the vocal are also when the guitar is very easy unfortunately)

Let There Be Rock (guitar part, that's pretty much it considering you don't even play both instruments at the same time most of the song)

Lazy Eye (guitar part)

Teen Age Riot (incredibly long, tough on guitar)

Spoonman (singing while soloing... also very tough throughout whole song on vocals)

Chop Suey (never tried it, but seems tough on the fast parts with chord changes)

Shackler's Revenge (deceptively tricky vocal that occurs during weird HO/PO sections, ridiculous solo)

And lastly, all of the final tier guitar songs. Most of them because they're really hard on guitar, but Painkiller, Ramblin' Man, Master Exploder are definitely three that are made much harder with vocals added.

My responses to each of the songs you mentioned (I'm not doing this just for the sake of argument; I'm posting this to help you if you actually end up making a breakdown):

Tangled Up in Blue: This one is a real bitch. I'm actually pretty damn close to the FC, but don't think that means I haven't put a ton of time into it. Honestly, aside from the "tangled up in blue" phrases, as well as the phrase before each one of those, the vocals part is not that hard to do while voxtarring. Of course, this is coming from someone who has sung this song a good 50 or so times for the FBFC as well as solo quickplay.

One Way or Another: I'd probably say this is the hardest one to FC on voxtar. I don't know why, but I cannot get consistent on that talky to save my life, not to mention the song is pretty awkward in general on both instruments, and top it all off with a crazy amount of chokeability, and you get one bitch of a song to FC.

Painkiller: Aside from the thousand suns phrase, this song is not very hard to double FC. Once again, granted I've spent a lot of time on this song on guitar and have gotten really consistent on it, so someone with less experience with the song might disagree. But I seriously got the FC the first time I made it past the thousand suns phrase.

Visions: I agree that this by no means belongs in the top 5 hardest list. All it requires is that you FC it on guitar. Of course, I would probably say this is the 2nd hardest song in the game to FC on guitar (next to Bodhisattva), so I suppose it's understandable if you have a lot of trouble with it, but I don't think a song that is a total pushover on one instrument should be top 5 on difficult voxtar FC's.

Peace Sells: I'm sorry, but ES and I both whole-heartedly agree that this is not one of the harder voxtar FC's. Though it is extremely chokeable, the third solo is not that hard for someone with really fast fingers, and the singing is really pretty easy once you locate all of the weird spots. I've gotta say, there is no reason whatsoever that this should be ranked in the top 5.

Almost Easy: Okay, this is not that hard. I'll admit that the long singing sections with very little space in between leaves you out of breath, but both parts are easy to memorize (with the exception of the choruses and solo on guitar).

American Woman: I'm not sure what is up with this one. I agree that it seems like it would be unbelievably difficult, and I feel like I got very lucky when I got the FC. Honestly I can't really tell you how difficult this FC really is.

A Jagged Gorgeous Winter: This one was a real bitch for me to get. There are multiple parts on the guitar chart that are ridiculously awkward, and you have to sing during most of them. Not to mention that the singing at the end is at the very lowest end of my range, so there is no way for me to sing it comfortably. I had to wait to get lucky for this one to happen.

Alive: Not as hard as I would've expected. The song is extremely difficult on vox, but I've heard it enough times to have it memorized. The solo is very chokeable, but the singing during it is very easy as well, so if you have the multitasking ability to make it to the solo, and the ability to FC the solo, then you're good.

Aqualung: I haven't tried this because I'm saving it for last, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. The fast part would certainly be a challenge, but it seems overcome-able.

Supreme Girl: This one really isn't difficult at all. It seems like it should be, but it's surprisingly easy.

Pinball Wizard: The vocals on this song aren't mischarted, you just have to sing a part that most people probably wouldn't consider the dominant melody *cough* Gimme Shelter *cough*. I was surprised by how easy this song was to multitask. If you can FC both parts and you know the vocal part pretty well, this isn't too hard at all.

Rob the Prez-O-Dent: This song probably has one of the greatest multitasking factors of any song in the game (when I say multitasking factor I mean the amount of difficulty that is added because it is being done by one person instead of two), other ones with this factor being very high include Ramblin' Man and Chop Suey. I completely lucked out on my FC of this. Before that run, my best run had been 97% on both instruments.

Any Way You Want It: Not as hard as it seems. The hardest part of getting this FC I'd say is FC'ing the 2nd solo while singing. Fortunately, the vocal part during this solo is very easy to memorize, so it's not too bad. Honestly, the only part of this song that I would say is made more difficult by multitasking is the verses, and those aren't too bad, anyway.

Let There Be Rock: Probably the song with the lowest multitasking factor in the game. Not to say it has no multitasking factor. The very last phrase can be difficult to hit while singing. Other than that, if you can FC guitar, you're golden.

Lazy Eye: I'm sorry, but I find this song easy on guitar. Because of that, I also find multitasking this song easy as well. I know methods for the bursts that will help you hit it almost every time, but I'm not going to post it just yet because this is one of the few songs that give me an advantage over ES in our race to voxtar FC the game.

Teen Age Riot: I'm sorry, but this one is not difficult. Vocals are very easy and repetitive, and guitar only has two hard parts, which the average guitarist could easily master with practice.

Spoonman: This one is a real bitch. Singing during the solo is very awkward, not to mention the fact that the solo is weird and arhythmic.

Chop Suey: I don't find this song particularly difficult on either instrument, but multitasking makes this song unbelievably difficult to voxtar on. The hardest part of the song, in my opinion, is the part with all the "Father!" phrases.

Shackler's Revenge: If you can get the solo, this isn't too bad. Singing is for the most part not too difficult, though there are some awkward pitches that don't really make sense.

Ramblin' Man: I remember when I sightread FC'd this song on both instruments, and I was thinking afterwards, "Why the fuck is that song impossible tier on either of those instruments?". Now I understand why. This song is unbelievably difficult to multitask on, and if you insist on getting the taps as well, the second solo is a total bitch. Although, if you're not going for taps, you're pretty much set as soon as you reach the second solo.

Master Exploder: Much like Pinball Wizard, the multitasking factor here is very low. This surprised me, as I expected this song to be a bitch on voxtar. It's really not difficult at all if you can make it past the first two phrases.

And in response to Tidus' post below me, Battery is not very hard if you can FC it on guitar. Both parts are very easy to memorize, and so I find that, if you concentrate on the rhythm of the guitar part, you probably won't break combo on either instrument.

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?

Last edited by swedenman on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but...wouldn't hit fast gallops while singing be something really awkward?

I'm talking about Battery. The vocal chart is pretty easy, there's no soloing while singing, but what about gallops while singing?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might write out a Voxtar FC breakdown, since I've played most of the songs at least once, but it seems to vary so much from player-to-player that I doubt it would be reliable.

For example: Ramblin' Man, for me, was extremely easy. Of course, I neglected the taps in the second solo, but I'm getting better at them.

On the other hand, Supreme Girl fucking kills me. Lack of breath.

Battery isn't actually all that hard, surprisingly. I strum the gallops together, like a string of six notes:

Instead of...

It makes it much easier.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: