FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vote on New SH Features!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Vote on New SH Features! Reply with quote

In order to try and figure out what features are most important to include in the SH rewrite/redesign, we've set up an account on Uservoice.

Uservoice is a site designed for giving suggestions/feedback, the main thing that distinguishes it from just posting your ideas here on the SH forums is that every user only has 10 votes to allocate towards suggestions. You can allocate up to 3 votes on a single suggestion, but having a limited amount will force everyone to consider which ideas are the most important to them. With unlimited votes, it's easy to just say "I like this idea" to everything, but with limited votes you'll have to pick your favorites. This will help us to prioritize things so that we know what people really want to see the most.

Don't worry, you shouldn't have to create yet another website account, Uservoice has good support for logging in using other accounts you probably already have. You're already set if you have an account on Facebook, Google (gmail, etc), Myspace, Yahoo, AOL, or an OpenID. Logging in using one of these other accounts is secure, you don't have to give your info to Uservoice, just select the site on the login page, and it will forward you to the chosen site, which will then send you back to Uservoice, logged in. One thing we would like to request is that you please change your Uservoice username to the same username as you use on SH (through the "settings" link in the top right of Uservoice once you're logged in). This will allow us to more easily see which users are making suggestions, comments, and votes on Uservoice.

We set up a few ideas already to get things started, but please feel free to post new suggestions, allocate your votes and move them around, post comments, etc.

Access the ScoreHero Uservoice

We're still working out exactly how we're going to use this, for example, after a while we'll probably start "closing" some of the most popular ideas that we're definitely going to implement. This will refund votes back to you so that you can apply them to other ideas. Let's get things rolling though, we can figure it out as we go along. Post here if you have any questions or issues with Uservoice and I'll try to clear things up.

Note that you can leave comments on each of the suggestions individually on Uservoice, so that's a good place for the discussion of ideas to go. Vote count isn't going to be the only deciding factor for whether we consider an idea, so if you're really interested in something, be sure to leave a comment and explain to us why it'd be a good addition. We'll definitely consider everything.
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power to the people.

This sounds like a good idea.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Varrus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a great idea... until your suggestion disappears. I posted a suggestion onto that page, it got around ten votes or so and now it's gone. It doesn't even appear in my profile anymore. What the hell?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PubliusVarrus
oobitydoo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good, as long as someone makes sure to somehow combine duplicate ideas. I'd rather not have a good idea looked over because votes for it are split between several instances of the same thing.

As a side note: I don't think most of the people voting there know about JSH Manager...about half of the most voted for features are already part of that.

Kirbah  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks pretty cool, I'll check it out
Cam101  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this would be pretty cool, but I'm sure that enough people would send thier ideas to the mods and they could easily see which update most people want. Ohh, and entering multiple scores and subbing users FTW.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oobitydoo wrote:
As a side note: I don't think most of the people voting there know about JSH Manager...about half of the most voted for features are already part of that.

It still has to do HTML scraping; adding support for this kind of stuff directly on SH will save lots of bandwidth since it doesn't need all the HTML and CSS formatting anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me like the idea of multiple score submission

edit: all votes used and wow 1st page

Last edited by kniGhToFdEaTh on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: kniGhT1oF1dEaTh
duck  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

says duck is already taken...so i made it duckzorz >_>

hopefully that shouldnt be too much of a trouble
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
Deimos  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varrus wrote:
This sounds like a great idea... until your suggestion disappears. I posted a suggestion onto that page, it got around ten votes or so and now it's gone. It doesn't even appear in my profile anymore. What the hell?

If it was the one about removing DLC, I marked it as a duplicate of a similar, more in-depth idea.
Varrus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
Varrus wrote:

If it was the one about removing DLC, I marked it as a duplicate of a similar, more in-depth idea.

Ah, I see. That's cool, I'm okay with that. It would've been nice to have been notified of this somehow though. Is this possible with this UserVoice site? Then it would eliminate the kind of confusion I just went through.

By the way, can I ask which suggestion you were referring to so I can vote for it?
Edit: Never mind. I'm assuming it's "Add customizable Manage Scores page" which is pretty close to what I suggested. I'll vote and add my comments to it.

Last edited by Varrus on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PubliusVarrus
Deimos  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed it would notify you, it's weird that it didn't. I marked it as a duplicate of this one:
http://scorehero.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/119151-add-a-customizable-manage-scores-page
Varrus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I thought it might be that one. Thanks, Deimos.

Btw, maybe the notification thing failed because I hadn't done the email confirmation yet. That would be my bad. Whoops!
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
I assumed it would notify you, it's weird that it didn't.

My understanding (which may be entirely wrong) it that it sends a daily digest of everything that affects you (stuff you voted on, created, etc), and not individual emails per incident.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is going to be really awesome, and really help make Scorehero better. POWER TO THE PLAYERS!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: George BAlLEY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: