FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Won't Get Fooled Again... Impossible to FC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Won't Get Fooled Again... Impossible to FC? Reply with quote

I mean look at the thing. Its fucking ridiculous (even though they still all correspond correctly to the real thing.) There are multiple parts in the song where you have to drum (comparing it to guitar) KoC/Misirlou fast while still hitting the bass drum, not to mention the sporaticness of the rest of the song. Does anybody actually think its possible to get 100% on this? (expert of course)

This is what Im taking out of this, KIETH MOON PWNS ALL
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBV says he should be able to get it, but who knows
Koushiro  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the drummer from Fall Out Boy to play it? He can probably get 1st overall on expert drums [along with every other drummer from any major band]. Any person who can play the drums to the point where they can memorize their charts to play on stage and not mess up is good enough to be able to FC 'every' song on expert imo. >_> If they can't that's just retarded because they do stuff of the same difficulty when on-stage on an actual drumset. -_-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
crazymonkey841  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
crazymonkey841 wrote:
DBV says he should be able to get it, but who knows

jesus, if i said i could get this somewhere, it must have been before i saw the notechart or something

it's totally possible but it won't happen for a while for me to get 100% lol

I think you said you listened to it, and thought you could get it, before you got there on drums
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think its THAT hard, its just getting used to those sections with constant bass pedal and fast (16th?32nd?) notes on the rolls. I think someone will definitely get it within 6 months!

*EDIT* this doesn't imply that I think it is easy or that I can play it well ;)
zombie1942  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its going to take someone to just take the time to memorize it... like most songs...

but with this song, that will be a huge project... there isnt a section of this song that repeats itself...

the crappy part is that anyone could sit down and play a very nice version of this song on a set of drums... just not exact... cuz its almost complete adlib sounding as it was recorded... and an adlib made up of just very basic set of beats and fills... pretty much the same thing everytime... but different.. .haha if thaqt makes any sense...

its just that we now have to hit the chart exact as it was adlib'd to get credit for it...

not a hard song at all... jsut a crazy random set of simple beats and fills that are different everytime...

and its not gonna be me that takes the time to memorize all that stuff... id rather pop myself in the nuts with a rubber band...

not a fun song to play.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombie1942 wrote:
its going to take someone to just take the time to memorize it... like most songs...

but with this song, that will be a huge project... there isnt a section of this song that repeats itself...

the crappy part is that anyone could sit down and play a very nice version of this song on a set of drums... just not exact... cuz its almost complete adlib sounding as it was recorded... and an adlib made up of just very basic set of beats and fills... pretty much the same thing everytime... but different.. .haha if thaqt makes any sense...

its just that we now have to hit the chart exact as it was adlib'd to get credit for it...

not a hard song at all... jsut a crazy random set of simple beats and fills that are different everytime...

and its not gonna be me that takes the time to memorize all that stuff... id rather pop myself in the nuts with a rubber band...

not a fun song to play.

Hit the nail right on the head. Very well said.

I'd also like to add that I believe Keith Moon was having some sort of schizophrenic relationship with his bass drum when he recorded this... there's virtually NO consistency, and that screws me up the most. The fills with the hands really aren't all that bad, but the times when he chooses whether or not to hit the bass drum are seriously fucked up.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
zombie1942 wrote:

not a fun song to play.

Hit the nail right on the head. Very well said.

I'd also like to add that I believe Keith Moon was having some sort of schizophrenic relationship with his bass drum when he recorded this... there's virtually NO consistency, and that screws me up the most. The fills with the hands really aren't all that bad, but the times when he chooses whether or not to hit the bass drum are seriously fucked up.

Agreed. One of the hardest feats in drumming for me is exactly duplicating parts that were originally improvised.

I'd say this song is entirely possible to FC. The only part I could forsee causing problems is one section with 16th-note triplets on the toms; it would greatly depend on how wells your particular drum kit responds. Other than that it is, as stated before, practice, repetition, and memorization.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Who song is crazy. Their drummer must have been on dru...oh wait.

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongSockSilver wrote:

iloledirl

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
lumberofthebeast  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
LongSockSilver wrote:

iloledirl
sodidi

It's a fun song to play, in my opinion at least. But it's hard hard hard!
Powder  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo the same sentiments. The hardest part of the song in terms of a full combo will be learning the fills that, as they originally played, were improvised. And that's just a matter of memorizing them by playing them over and over in practice. Otherwise there's nothing there that's truly difficult, just sporadic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: