FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1 handed drum expert (playing like Rick Allen)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rude95841  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: 1 handed drum expert (playing like Rick Allen) Reply with quote

ok I got 92% on 29 fingers playing only 1 handed

it was so much fun I decided to put up the 1 handed challenge I am sure that some og you have to be able to do a lot better than this.

Last edited by rude95841 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun. When I get the game wednesday, I'll try.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Ragehammer  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to get a video of it.

.... and for cheesyness, We can call this the 'Rick Allen Challenge'.

But seriously. Cool idea.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about trying to play drum songs with both sticks in one hand. As in, finding a way to play red, yellow, and red+yellow all with one hand. Heh, maybe I can get two sets of drumsticks and have two in each hand.
NoPance  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragoon013 wrote:
I was thinking about trying to play drum songs with both sticks in one hand. As in, finding a way to play red, yellow, and red+yellow all with one hand. Heh, maybe I can get two sets of drumsticks and have two in each hand.

4-Mallet marimba and vibe players do this often. There are several "grips" to achieve this you can find information around the net for. The usual suspects are "Stevens" grip, "Burton" grip, "Musser" grip, and a recent reemergence is the "Cross/Traditional" grip.

If you don't want to dive that deep, you could take the simplified Burton approach which would be to simply cross your sticks at the bottom, and then put your index finger above the intersection and let the rest of the fingers wrap around the sticks. With this you can rotate your wrist to hit the sticks individually, or move your wrist up and down to hit them both at once.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: