FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/27 DLC - Grateful Dead Pack 02!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: 1/27 DLC - Grateful Dead Pack 02! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features the following Grateful Dead tracks now up for score-tracking::
The 6-pack is available for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points), and each individual alone is up for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace now, and PLAYSTATION®Network after Thursday, 1/29.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

video links this week could be hard to come by. Grateful dead is WMG and my usual videos have pretty much all been canned so far, I've disputed, but six disputes over the course of an hour is likely going to end badly for me and my account.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Guitar, the real winner of this pack was Hell in a Bucket. Two fun and complex solos and it was always throwing in variety during the phrases.

My opinion guitar wise is...

Hell In A Bucket >>>>>>> Don't Ease Me In > Cold Rain and Snow > Doin' That Rag > Fire On The Mountain > Uncle John's Band

Last edited by Nuke39 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing the guitar parts to GD pack 01, the best songs in this pack (Hell in a Bucket, don't remember the other one) aren't nearly as awesome as Franklin's Tower or China Cat Sunflower, but the "worst" songs aren't nearly as bad as Truckin' or I Need a Miracle. Overall, like all the songs. There weren't any bombs, but there weren't any "OMG best song in 3 months" either. I mark t as a win though. Great songs. Nothing too repetitive, nothing too boring. No sightread FCs for me. Had a couple -1s though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
ace-kicker  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:
video links this week could be hard to come by. Grateful dead is WMG and my usual videos have pretty much all been canned so far, I've disputed, but six disputes over the course of an hour is likely going to end badly for me and my account.

that is so dumb. what is wrong with youtube these days
platinum trophy for rb2 [ ]
Catch a shiny Giratina (started march 29th 2009) [ ]

youtube name--> (iamjoshconrad)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
Ghalleon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it could be a good pack, I might pick up a few songs here and there. Not a big grateful dead fan, but I always enjoy playing a fun songs. Anyone have recommendations? I unfortunately haven't been downloading recently due to financial constraints but if I happen to have some extra money to free up for downloads then I'm looking about for good songs to get out of the various packs.

Still holding my breath for a Kamelot track pack. It would be too intense to try and place a whole album, but a 3 or 6 song pack would make my day to come here and Tuesday and read that was the DLC of the week. However that will be a while if even at all. From the way that type of music works you'd have to have double bass which means for Guitar hero we'd have to wait until March 29th for Guitar Hero Metallica. Apparently it is going to include a bass pedal and the splitter for your guitar hero drum-set if you pre-order it. I have read this but I am confirming it with gamestop and various other companies to find out.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: GhalleonofDEATH PSN Name: Ghalleon
TehGreenLlama  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its 11:30am my time and its still not there. WTF

Yes I Really Love Llama's
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehGreenLlama wrote:
its 11:30am my time and its still not there. WTF

Grab it from the Xbox Live Marketplace, not the in-game Music Store. I assure you, it is up.

Bass vids:
- Cold Rain & Snow
- Doin That Rag
- Don't Ease Me In
- Fire On The Mountain
- Hell In A Bucket
- Uncle John's Band

Doin That Rag and Don't Ease Me In are the highlights of this pack. The rest of it is either too repetitive or too strummy. I'm really not feeling the lack of HOPOs as of late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Npeaen wrote:

For you guys that make vids purely to illustrate charts, muting audio seems like the best solution.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seeing it in the Marketplace either. They are still showing Steve Miller Band as the current release.

*EDIT* Nevermind. Had to dig for it, but it's there. Gonna wait till they update the marketplace to see difficulty and preview the songs. Might grab one.

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The0ldMan wrote:
Comparing the guitar parts to GD pack 01, the best songs in this pack (Hell in a Bucket, don't remember the other one) aren't nearly as awesome as Franklin's Tower or China Cat Sunflower, but the "worst" songs aren't nearly as bad as Truckin' or I Need a Miracle. Overall, like all the songs. There weren't any bombs, but there weren't any "OMG best song in 3 months" either. I mark t as a win though. Great songs. Nothing too repetitive, nothing too boring. No sightread FCs for me. Had a couple -1s though.

Why does Truckin get such hate, I think the song is so much fun and love it. As for the GD 02 pack, yeah it does lack in comparison to the first [and and im not saying that cause I have played the other one more, i actually just got both packs today and played them all through at the same time (granted i do have CCS beforehand and played Truckin before as well)] but overall i did enjoy it though. "Dont ease me in" was probably my favorite one, but they were all enjoyable.

Oh and I couldnt find it either so I DL'd it from the xbox website.
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with pack #2 is it's pretty forgettable. After playing all the tracks on drums, and most of them on guitar, other than the Hell in a buckethead song, I don't remember which others were fun to play. It just doesn't have that "I have to play that again" feel to the songs this week.

When pack # 1 came out, I was dreading even buying the pack, cause I've never been a fan of Grateful Dead. But after playing the songs on my instruments of choice, there was immediately two songs that I wanted to play again. (China Cat, Franklins Tower) There were two songs that were just really catchy that I couldn't help but sing along. (Sugar Magnolia, Casey) And a song that I hated playing so much on drums (to this day), of coarse, I'm talking about Truckin.

But, that's my point. Even though there were no Truckin moments this week, I hated Truckin so much that it was never forgotten. Most of this week, was very middle of the road. Very much like the one song from pack #1 that I only recall because I enjoyed Call me by Blondie. (I Need a Miracle) I keep forgetting it's on the list.

I was really looking forward to this pack after my enjoyment of the first. It just didn't happen for me this week. oh well. More songs I guess.
DrPibbles  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Drum Charts Reply with quote

The following are FC's of Expert Drums. 2nd person to FC the whole pack.

Cold Rain and Snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGvz6H1xuAA

Fire on the Mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Du5pOoevv0

Uncle John's Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSMpoy2TqpA

Hell in a Bucket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6CE93H7-uk

Doin' that Rag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX-dLkJ_9T8

Don't Ease Me In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlozRVzWNfc

Last edited by DrPibbles on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Dr Pibbles
Snoman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abosultely fun and amazing pack

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
maxxxers  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are also 6 songs that are now available on the Wii for DLC today

they are:
Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars
Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Just What I Needed by The Cars
Live Forever by Oasis
Siva by Smashing Pumkins
Tell Me Baby by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: