FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
May I submit this score as solo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meister  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: May I submit this score as solo? Reply with quote

no fail cheat was on

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you do that?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i take it you were trying to get that one achievement err i mean trophy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Ouzo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring the fact you submitted it anyway, I would have to say no, simply for the fact that it wasn't in solo; it was with two unconscious bandmates. The score itself is probably unaffected by the two bandmates, but it's hard to know for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the NS for both other instruments was 0, the only possible scenario for that score to have been affected by their presence would be via the hitting of vocal percussion hits (which aren't reflected on the results screen one way or another). But if the objection is theoretical rather than practical in nature, that wouldn't matter.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
meister  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
If the NS for both other instruments was 0, the only possible scenario for that score to have been affected by their presence would be via the hitting of vocal percussion hits (which aren't reflected on the results screen one way or another). But if the objection is theoretical rather than practical in nature, that wouldn't matter.

that and because talkies are automatic awesomes is why I did not use vocals, if I can't use the score I will delete it right away.

And this score is 3 points under 1st place on ps3, so it is not an impossible solo score to get

IWillKickU wrote:
Why did you do that?

The only time I ever FCed this was in a band with mnwildguy on guitar. In all I had probably spent 3 hrs on this song over a month to try FCin it.

I thought to do this and got it in about 10 minutes. Break Neck Speed is too fast for me, this made the perfect scrolling speed for me to see the notes best

dogfoodnyc wrote:
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that in the same vein as PS2 users FCing Knights of Cydonia in PFO mode to avoid the lag problems? If so, then why would there be a problem with submitting with two unconscious bandmates to pseudo-adjust hyperspeed settings?

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This score belongs under Guitar+Bass+Drums, with the max difficulty Expert. Despite the nonexistent contribution from your bandmates, RB2 still recognizes your score as a three-part band score, as evidenced by your 3-star rating. That star rating prohibits you from submitting this under single-player, since you didn't obtain gold stars on it. Additionally, your score would have been submitted to PSN leaderboards under Band play rather than Solo Bass play, indicating that the game recognizes it as a multiplayer score, as well. That is, of course, if you could manage to pass the song without 'No Fail' since leaderboard submission is disabled by the cheat.

It's also been shown in the past that multiplayer behavior is not always the same as single-player (RB1 had 'easier' talkies, auto-FC glitch on guitar/bass, RB2 changes drum activation locations with/without BNS), so there are simply too many unknowns to presume this is the equivalent of the solo engine.

Finally, for ScoreHero purposes, we classify beyond Solo and Band, and you have to adhere to the instrumentation you selected when it comes time to insert your score. The Manage Scores feature parallels the band-selection process in-game. You choose your disc (Rock Band or Rock Band 2), put the disc in the console (PS2, PS3, 360, Wii), allow the appropriate number of players to join (1-part, 2-part, 3-part, 4-part), choose instrumentation after song select, then the difficulties for each instrument. Based on this schema, you're in 3-part before you ever play the song, and that's what you've got to stick to for your submissions.

Congrats on FCing the bass part, but it wasn't a solo performance, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I deleted the score, guess I'll have to FC it for the 3rd time
I'll probably have to use the towel trick lol

dogfoodnyc wrote:
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these scores aren't legal either then. I am assuming. So it should probably be deleted. I don't know how many others he has like that, maybe a couple

staff edit - use the reporting feature or a PM

And I still don't see why guitar/bass can't play like that and submit, there is nothing different about them in band play, that automatic FC glitch doesn't let them activate overdrive and I believe only happens on the 360 very rarely. So there is no way anything influenced my score. Maybe let the rule slide just for this one time and I won't ever play like it again because I didn't know before that we couldn't.
Oh well at least I don't really care about ranking or I would have submitted all 84 scores by now, not enough good players with all their scores submitted anyway, would be in 2nd easy

dogfoodnyc wrote:
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like emptyset said, it's simply not a solo performance. One clear difference is the rating and that alone is enough to rule this out. We shouldn't be making up stats that "would've been" to go along with our scores, or be forced to exclude certain stats if they don't make sense.

What you're describing is no different than submitting a 360 score under PS3. The score would be the same, so why can't you do that? You need to submit what you see on your screen, and within the appropriate game/platform/band/instrument section.

Nice job on the achievement, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
these scores aren't legal either then. I am assuming. So it should probably be deleted. I don't know how many others he has like that, maybe a couple

staff edit - use the reporting feature or a PM

Heh, I'm guessing that was referring to my bass + no-fail vox sightreads I did for a few weeks. If they can't be used, they can't be used; no biggie IMO. Gives me an excuse to replay some of them. But just to clarify on a few things brought up previously in this thread;

- Talkies are only automatic "awesome"s if they're receiving SOME sort of sound to the mic. In this case, all the ones I recorded like this I did with a headset mic plugged into a 360 controller, and the mic actually turned OFF so as not to receive any sound whatsoever, thus ensuring a 0% / 0 score for vox every time to not affect the bass score. That being said, I wasn't aware of any potential different behaviours of the game engine in this mode; AFAIK it should be the same score as a solo run every time, with the exception of the BREs if they're there.

- If memory serves me correctly, star ratings are NOT a required field when submitting scores. Just the scores themselves are. The whole argument that "that star rating prohibits you from submitting this under single-player since you didn't obtain gold stars on it" shouldn't even be part of the question or taken into consideration.

Regardless of how it was done, congrats Meister on getting that SoB FC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the issue is scrolling speed, you could always go for the FC in Score Duel. That should have about the same speed as full band.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I apologize for that last post, I was not in the best mood when I did that

I tried for maybe half an hour and couldn't FC it again, I just hope when I do I get at least the same score And thanks for suggesting score duels, I hadn't thought of that

dogfoodnyc wrote:
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S1ckH4nds wrote:

- If memory serves me correctly, star ratings are NOT a required field when submitting scores. Just the scores themselves are. The whole argument that "that star rating prohibits you from submitting this under single-player since you didn't obtain gold stars on it" shouldn't even be part of the question or taken into consideration.

That's true, but I think there's a difference between something on the results screen not appearing on one's score submission, and something on the results screen actively CONTRADICTING what's in a score submission - be it number of players, stars, etc.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: