FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rivalry Redux: Rabies vs Huwonk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to 5* In Bloom last night. 143K (I'll get the exact score from my career board tonight) 97%, 166 note streak. I still get a lot of random misses, but I'm pretty confident I could FC this song with a little practice. I'm hitting all of the fills now (thanks to the guide that is stickied up on the Technique subforum). My biggest misses are in the sections that are like the opening section, I tend to play them too slow. If I rushed it just a bit, I always nail it. I'm kind of wondering if my lag is properly offset... stupid HDTVs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a little drums last night and actually did substantially worse than ever before...

I'll give it one more go tonight...then call it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
I played a little drums last night and actually did substantially worse than ever before...

Well now that we're going to be doing band rivalries, are we as concerned with 1v1? Maybe we should put our rivalry on hiatus so we can practice our respective instruments in our free time so it will help our band.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
rabies wrote:

Well now that we're going to be doing band rivalries, are we as concerned with 1v1? Maybe we should put our rivalry on hiatus so we can practice our respective instruments in our free time so it will help our band.

Totally up to you....my instrument IS vocals now..so this rivalry would only help me....do you really need that much practice on bass? I know from experience GG&HT is not really about skill..it is more about stamina...same with RTTH. We need to play flirtin with disaster..I hear the bass on that one is actually tough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do want to get top 20 on vocals still. I know I'm capable. I've actually put most of the songs in the game on my computer at work so I can listen to them while I'm working so I can learn the little intricacies that I don't pick up on normal listens.

So give In Bloom another try, and we'll do another vocal challenge after that... I'm still sick, but I think I can still do okay. I 100%'d a few new songs while sick...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea..I can't top 110875...which is way short of 5 stars I am sure. I can't do that fill...I can't maintain combo during the chorus...I don't know why.I think I am doing it right...but I never get a multiplier.

I suck at drums.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to get my actual score (I know it was at least 142K, but it may have been like 142,800). I'll put my score in as 142,000 so we can move on. Sorry about you struggling on it. Drums are just such a different beast from guitar and vocals.

So what song should we do on vocals next? Something that isn't too hard would be nice until I actually get over this cold... but if you do pick something hard, that's okay too. Have you FC'd Highway Star yet? If not, I'd be up for that. Not a very hard song for me to sing oddly enough (5*'d on sightread).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highway star it is. Easy to 5 star. Difficult to FC.. I have not FCd it..mostly thanks to the phrase "I love it, and I need it"...which are talky parts. The game either seems to give me an awesome ...or messy. It bewilders me.
..and there is a sing phrase in there that throws me a lot...something about 8 cylinders..I forget exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I 5*'d it on my Sightread, but I'd really like to get Gold Stars at least and hopefully an FC. Added it to the OP. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot!

Sorry to have to set the bar a bit high...this is now the #1 score on xbl...

This took me 5 tries. In case you are wondering, Gold star for vocals on this song is around 280k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, don't make it hard on me or anything. :P I'm up to 236,000, tried last night and I was having lots of problems... I'll try again tonight and if I can't improve the 236,000, I'm calling it.

Edit: Yep, you took it. I can't get used to some of the phrases. Doing well on other songs, though!!!! Maps FC + Gold Stars, and Ever Fallen in Love FC + Gold Stars!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next song? I'm on a roll...I'm pretty much not bothering with solo vocals until this rivalry...too busy with either BWT, or Orange box....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm, what do you need to work on? I need work on just about everything outside of the bonus tracks (and need a LITTLE on a few songs there).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Hrm, what do you need to work on? I need work on just about everything outside of the bonus tracks (and need a LITTLE on a few songs there).

Anything and everything..other than the ones we have done. I have FC'd some..but that does not mean there is no room for improvement. However, I would obviously prefer those I have not already FC'd....take a look at my achievement thread..I post all the FC's at hte top.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bloom on Expert Vocals it is! Make sure you post your scores to the new site, so I can check there to compare us versus everyone else. I'm actually growing to hate this song, but not being able to 5* a song I sang all through high school is pretty embarrassing, when I can FC songs I've barely listened to.

I know you said you'd prefer songs you've already FC'd, but we both have bigger gains in this song. You can check my list on Scorehero. I'm only at 29/58 5* on vocals right now so basically every song could use a huge improvement minus maybe 1 or 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: