FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rivalry Redux: Rabies vs Huwonk
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Rivalry Redux: Rabies vs Huwonk Reply with quote

Round 1: Can't Let Go - Expert Vocals
rabies - 135,376 - Gold Stars FC
Huwonk - 131,120 - Gold Stars

Round 2: In Bloom - Expert Drums

rabies - 110,875 - 4*
Huwonk - 142,000 - 5*

Round 3: Highway Star - Expert Vocals

rabies - 291,365 - Gold Stars FC
Huwonk - 236,000 - 5*

Round 4: In Bloom - Expert Vocals

rabies - 294,776 - Gold Stars FC
Huwonk - 195,372 - 5*

Round 5: Epic - Expert Vocals

rabies -
Huwonk -

Total:
rabies - 3
Huwonk - 1

Okay, rabies. What songs do you need to work on? As with our last rivalry, I want to keep it very laid-back so it doesn't feel like a job.

I say our first challenge should definitely be vocals only. For now, please no Mississippi Queen or Gimme Shelter. I will eventually learn them, but I'm just not ready for them yet. Anything else is fair game.

Last edited by Huwonk on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm; edited 16 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Huwonk
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..I was gonna say mississippi queen...I needed some work on that one..

Ok.. pick any of the bonus songs. I only sang them once in my initial play through..so I am sure all those songs can stand for improvement....if you want a sure win..pick timmy...the game hates my vocalizations on the talky (?) parts of that song.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, how about Can't Let Go? I have tons of room to improve on it...

So far so good. 108,748 5* 95% 14 phrase streak. Should be able to FC with a little more practice. Finally got the weird "YEAAAAAH" part a few times in a row. Isn't my final, but it's good for 1st place right now.

Edit: We can make Mississippi Queen next, okay? I just can't get the southern rock songs. I do "okay" on Flirtin' With Disaster, but GG&HT and Mississippi Queen = HARD.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember that song..which surely means I only played it once. Cool. Its on. I'll get a score up tonight when I get a chance to play.

Oh..and I know you are looking to get top 20, but I am also open to doing DLC tracks..as I have yet to try singing any of those. I have them all except the queens of hte stone age and bowie packs...and maybe one or two of the single tracks..but I def have all metallica, police and sabbath.

Oh..I was just teasing about mississippi queen..I'm not a huge fan of that song..so feel free to pick whatever next.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bowie and QOTSA packs are my favorites to sing (minus Sick, Sick, Sick). I'm a completionist, so yes I have all of the DLC and will probably get the majority of it. The only song I REALLY regret buying so far is Cherry Bomb.

P.S. New score on Can't Let Go: 117,716 5*, 98% 17 phrase streak... extended 1st place, and that was with one accidental OD usage.

Edit: 131,120, first to GOLD STAR this song on Expert vocals, 17 phrase streak, good OD usage! The one phrase I missed (got a Okay on it) was the last time he says "Someday you'll be mine". It messes me up every time. I think it changes pitch, but I can't figure out where it is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..I gave it about 5 runs tonight - before gurnkiller wanted a singer and I blew my voice out over the next two hours+I have a cold+I am making excuses.. ;) - and got 120,172...which i see is #2 on the leaderboards about 10k behind guess who?!

The only phrases I was not consistant on was the same you had "someday you'll be mine"..which I think is done twice..and the "i know it, I know it phrase. I still don't feel I am done with this song, So I am going to try again tomorrow night.

Up to you if you wanna give me one more shot tomorrow night or call this round yours and pick the next song. For somebody who said they were crap at singing, you sure seemed to have picked it up!

This is fun!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough, I'm sick too. Great job on the 2nd place! I think we should both give it at least one more try. My score can probably be improved by about 10K or so. Also, a tip on the "I Know It" part. Sing it the same all 3 times. The 3rd "Know" isn't enough to keep you from hitting an Awesome and it will only serve to mess up the "It" that comes after it.

I'm really surprised with how well I'm doing as well. I FC'd Electric Version last night! It was good 3rd place. In fact, the toughest phrases for me are hands down the spoken parts. I did ALMOST 5* Sabotage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..I got it.. 100% FC.. I don't think your score can be improved by 10k. My final score was 135,376. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss..and I used up all the overdrive..after a couple runs where I did not and scored less. After I FC'd it, I had to do it 3 more times (once I got it, I was able to do it consistantly) to play around with over drive activation. Sometimes NOT activating overdrive by accident is insanely hard.

If you beat it, let me know what your path was... I'm curious.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job! I doubt I can FC it while sick... And my score was using what I felt was optimal OD. You win this round! Look at how much higher we are than everyone else, though.

I'm not sure how much attention you've paid to OD, but I've found a few really neat things about it. For one, it starts draining the moment the vocals start in a phrase. It doesn't stop draining until the beginning of the next phrase. What this means is that in phrases that have big gaps between the beginning and end waste a ton of OD. In this song in particular the "No No.... Can't Let Go" phrase is a WASTE of OD.

I'm gonna need to take a break on vocals until next week because my throat is KILLING me now... My girlfriend has been sick, and I finally caught it. Want to do guitar or drums on a song?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea..we can do guitar or drums for fun till your voice is back. I suck hard at drums..but I have fun trying.

edit: as far as overdrives, I noticed it is better to use them on phrase where there is not a lot of pauses in the singing as you mentioned. I think my path for this one was like...2-2-3 or something along those lines. What did you use? I was wondering why my FC score was only a few thousand ahead of yours with one miss.

Yea..we are crushing this song on the leaderboards. Great pick.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it back..for some reason, after giving it some thought..I'm burnt out on competitive guitar playing for awhile. So we'll wait till your voice is back..I'm ok with waiting..I have many cities to conquer in BWT...OR, I can try to do my best on drums....I really need the practice there anyway...badly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then, how about you pick a song/difficulty to do on drums. I can't do the last few tiers very well at all on drums on Expert...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..looking over the list..
In Bloom.
This is a perfect example of a song that I can easily get through...but I need tons of practice on....it should help my bass foot independence extremely well..as well as 16th note fills...at a pace that is not TOO hectic. If I can 5 star this on drums on expert, I will be a happy man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me. I've added it at Round 2. I'm pretty close to 5*ing it, but yeah I need a TON of work on it. Plus I'm starting to realize that my blue pad doesn't like to always activate.

Edit: Now I keep screwing up the chorus... I was nailing it fine before... just need a rest, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your score is only like 500 points short of mine as of last night when I checked. It's hilarious how similar we are in skill on EVERY instrument. This was exactly how our GH1 rivalry went! Most songs were decided by less than 2,000 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: