FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Survey: How do you play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aleril  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Survey: How do you play? Reply with quote

ChrisCanfield wrote:

Vox phrase practice

This.

Do it now.

NOW.

NAO.
thelander93  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, more Dream Theater and Double bass are already up there. oops, I guess I should have put something else

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PiKaChu 85392
james6432  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octavrium (album) by Dream Theater would be THE PERFECT album dlc!

MOAR DREAM THEATER

also, double bass?

thanks!
MephistoJak  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the XBL leaderboards.

That, and get "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits...lol. Just do it, I've been requesting this since GH:2 came out, and it'd be 894376976047609347657 times better in RB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
Naka101  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if "match by difficulty" covers this, but maybe you should include a like, "preferred tier" or something for the online score duel, or maybe have it so that at every five levels your chances of of getting a low tier song is lessened and higher tiers greater etc... i hope that makes sense? And then maybe like once youre ts >30 it eliminates the first three tiers altogether. that would be badass. i only say the first three because the tier ranking is bad atm anyways, so there are still lots of good songs in the 4th and 5th tiers
OK, make sure your hands are in go spot to the notes then when you get star power, activate at the right times, also use your whammy thing to get more star power becuase the crowd likes star power and they will grant you 5 stars. also always be looking at the tv screen and dont get distracted
MrDukkie  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better vocals practice. Seriously. For now, I may as well just use No Fail mode and get squeezing practice whilst I'm at it.

Also, MOAR DREAM THEATRE.

Lastly, is it just me, or is double bass on that list twice? doubledoublebass.

Wow, that's fun to say XD. Just try it- doubledoublebass

They need to have a handicap. Like, their controllers have an extra lane and corresponding button/pad. Also they're all one color. And someone's shooting rubber bands at them.
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want for bassists to not get the shaft, i can't even see my scores unless i go into the leaderboards and manually look for every one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roommate and I play Rock Band quite often, but neither of us can play at the same calibration for any instrument.

On my television, I use a lag calibration of 100 audio and 50 video. The RB2 strat gives (roughly) 67-69 audio and (generally) 47 video. He seems to be able to play using that calibration fairly well, but parts of songs I know I'm physically capable of hitting, I mess up on that calibration on GUITAR. I can descent on drums with that calibration, but 100 audio 50 video seems to be my strong drum setup. I'm lazy so I just use that for guitar as well.

Now, I use "another" guitar other than the strat when I play guitar. =/ It seems to work well with 100 audio and 50 video, for me. Again, the settings using the strat seem to work fairly well for my him.

Would it be possible to see down the road Lag Calibration profile settings that can be loaded from the band quickplay menu screen? Or maybe load from the main menu screen at the least. It would make playing with or against each other less frustrating. lol There's nothing like playing Green Grass X guitar, and bombing a part of the solo you can hit fairly consistantly when playing on your own calibration.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop new guitars from hating Leftys

How the hell I use a RB1 Strat and do the stuff I do blows MY mind

And McCartney's bass isn't LEFT HANDED? Lawlwut.

/anger

That is all

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but I'd really like it if you could go directly into practice mode from the pause menu during a song. Also, if you go into practice and back out there should be options of where you want to go back to (the song, the main menu, etc.) rather than putting you back into training mode.

And if something could be done about the strumming issues that would be great. I know HMX says there is no strum limit, but when I strum as fast as I can (which is 20+ nps) and get a 2x or even 3x combo during BYOB something has to be wrong. It's really frustrating for me to see all the most difficult songs being difficult purely because they have strumming that's at or around 15 nps. I know the timing window is tighter but obviously there's something going on around 15 nps.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know great sites like ScoreHero and RBDLC exist, but I think it would be nice to implement some kind of user rating system for DLC into the store. That way you could see what songs people like the most and make decisions easier on which songs you wanna buy when you're running low on MS Points.

Awesome job with the franchise so far... definitely my favorite games.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I simplified that. "moar fun songs lol"

I defined fun songs better ;D. Helloween, Killswitch Engage, and Here Comes The Kraken DLC PL0X! If I had more room, I'd've asked that they change the mechanics of hitting notes on drums so you can miss/skip a note without getting screwed over in complicated rolls/stuff like in prequel to the sequel.
vedicardi  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

121212 wrote:
I know great sites like ScoreHero and RBDLC exist, but I think it would be nice to implement some kind of user rating system for DLC into the store. That way you could see what songs people like the most and make decisions easier on which songs you wanna buy when you're running low on MS Points.

Awesome job with the franchise so far... definitely my favorite games.

The problem is that that's all based on opinion. IE if you like pop-punk but the only high rated DLC is metal, it's really confusing. Everyone likes different things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ze King of Sage
ProjectRain127  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A no strum mode in practice so you can hit notes without actually strumming. Mainly to help with timing alone, on some parts, without having to concentrate on strumming too.

It sounds so obvious and so helpful in my head.
daisyrawks  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put that I want more elaborate stat tracking: FCs, show the % I got in each section, show whether I improved over my last score and by how much.

Some other things I'd like to see:
-Bass treated as a completely separate instrument from guitar. It's pretty ridiculous that your bass scores don't even register til you've already posted a guitar score.

-Combo counter and progress meter on screen during play.

-Method of activating overdrive for drums that doesn't cover notes. The ability to play fills is fun but on some songs, the optimal path covers the hardest part of the song which makes an optimal FC less of an achievement(IMO) and also encourages people to choose their path with the intent of reducing the song's difficulty rather than achieving the best score. I should add that I don't like the GH method of activation because I think it's confusing.

-Cymbal rolls charted better. It's far too frustrating to FC songs like Dead or Alive because you have to play entirely by sight.

-Some allowance for open/closed hi-hat on drums other than putting open hi-hat on the blue pad. I like that they're charted but, for me, having a random blue note makes some strange patterns in some songs.

-Practice mode should work like the A-B repeat on a DVD player: display the chart, let me scroll through it and select a starting point and end point so I can play specifically the part that I need. Sometimes the part you need is at the very end of a long-ish section and some straddle 2 sections, resulting in a lot of time spent playing parts on which you don't need practice.

-Instead of separate song lists for practice and quickplay just have a single Browse Music menu option. When I select a song from that list, a pop-up menu would ask me whether I want to practice it or play it for score. Display both scores and stars for whatever instrument I have plugged in next to each song. When you cursor over a song, it should expand and show ALL data for that song across all instruments.

-Whichever mode I'm in, Practice should be in the pause menu at any time and pressing start during practice should give the option to return directly to tour or quickplay.

-Display stars in quickplay as well as progress toward the next star.

-More sorting options. Sort by last date played, date downloaded, frequency played, stars, percentages (record % to 1 or 2 decimal places).

-I second the playlist suggestion.

-More challenging songs that aren't Screamo/Death Metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: