FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Survey: How do you play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at "MOAR DREAM THEATER". I'm 100% for that.

And better score tracking, too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamtheddrman wrote:
beingmused wrote:
People requesting solo tours for each instrument: No. No no no, no no no. Linearity is bad. If you want to see your stars, then request a "per song stats" section where each song tells you the top scores achieved on it for each instrument and for multiplayer. But large amounts of DLC makes solo tour an unfeasible way to play the game (and less interesting), so stop wishing we were back under those shackles!

If you don't like Solo Tour, you don't have to play it. What's wrong with having more modes, especially if they're being requested? I agree with needing per song stats in Band World Tour, but a place to go easily play a single song or a quick way to unlock all the songs would be nice

Agreed. The solo career's NEED linearity to have any feeling of progress and accomplishment. As they are currently, they're not even worth touching (because, shockingly enough, I DONT want to play hungry like the wolf 15 times.)

Other improvments would be better score tracking, so you can see your highscore and star rating (fractional aswell, so you could see if you were 4, ALMOST 5 stars, or just barely made 4)

multi-level breakneck speed in the in game options menu

more muse.
Varrus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the damn Shaky Arrow Vox Glitch. I never experienced this problem until I downloaded the Roy Orbison pack and now it happens frequently. Very frustrating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PubliusVarrus
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see the ability to save playlists. Go through pick songs like your makeing a setlist then name it and save it. With 400+ songs and not all of them being "my favorites" but some suiting others fancy more Id like to make several playlists of my songs so that I dont have to scroll through every song everytime. Just go to playlist pick mine and not have to worry or take time to find the songs I always want to play. Does this make sence?
Stylinyomomma  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the one who requested more Dream Theater. I swear to god rofl.
DeerHunter  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Star tracking and Solo tour back.
-Somekind of specials stars for Medium, Hard, and Easy?
iamtheddrman  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but here's something that would get me playing different songs and buying DLC more often:

Let us sort the songs we have by "Recently Added" and "Last Played Date"

That way I can find songs that have been added since the last time my friends were in town to show them. "Last Played Date" would show me which songs I haven't played in a while so that I could play them again. Having nearly 400 songs really buries certain songs that don't immediately jump to my mind. iTunes has sorting options similar to these two, and I use them A LOT.

Thanks!
strikebowler585  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have found a solution to the strum limitation rate.

When guitars overstrum without the user doing so, it's because when the switch on the guitar bounces back, it may create a second strum. The strum limit is probably here to get rid of that extra strum. If you downstrum then overstrum, both strums will register as a downstrum. If you upstrum then overstrum, both strums will register as a upstrum.

I was thinking "well, the limit is 16 nps (notes per second), and I know that some guitars overstrum (usually over 16 nps, making the strum limit cancel that bad overstrum out) because of the debouncer failing (if that is what you are using in the guitar)."

I understand that the limit is there to prevent overstrumming for some reason. But I was thinking, maybe you can make a 16 nps limit for downstrums in a row, and a 16 nps limit for upstrums in a row. If you can understand this concept, this would make the maximum strum limit 32 nps alt strumming, then 16 nps for downstrumming or upstrumming only. That way, everything will now be FCable, and if the debouncers (again, if that's what's being used) fail, that extra strum that could possibly be thrown in there will cancel out because of the 16 nps "downstrum only" limit or the 16 nps "upstrum only" limit.

I know this might be a hard concept to understand, but this will allow for the strum limit to still be potentially 16 nps (for 2 downstrums in a row or 2 upstrums in a row) while every strumming part will still be made FCable, as well as it's under 32 nps (and who even goes above 24 nps or so anyways?).

many people from chats have been telling me to post this idea here, so I thought why not?

This is just an idea, though, and idk if it will even work, although I am pretty sure. It's just a possibility.

And don't tell me that people have FCd crazy strumming over 16 nps cancelling this whole post. All these people are from the UK, and something strange in PAL formatting (whether it's a 50 hz refresh rate, or just the way PAL outputs to a tv) makes the strum limit higher/easier for them, but even then, making the strum limit mentioned above will make strumming easier for everyone, whether in the UK (PAL) or US (NTSC) or any other reason.

(to end this post: putting songs faster than 16 nps, then making the strum limit like .1 nps over the max strumming doesn't work, humans have slight fatigue, so their strumming for say, uh, 16 nps, will range from about 14 nps to 18 nps, making half the strums go over the limit <_<)

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOAR RHCP BSSM IS NOT ENOUGH LOLOLOLROFLROFLZOMGORGASMICAWESOMENESS
Okay, I'm done.
*coughmoarrhcpcough*
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor things I'd like to see that I haven't seen mentioned:

-Make it easier to switch between practicing a song and doing a real run. The best implementation I can think of would be that any time you're selecting songs in any mode (Tour, Quickplay, etc.), you can press a button to take a song into practice mode instead of playing it normally. When you leave practice mode after entering it through this way or from choosing it after failing a song, it takes you right back to where you were. So if I'm having trouble on a song in World Tour mode, I can just hit a button to take it to practice mode, practice it a few times, and then when I leave practice mode I'll be right back in World Tour mode.

-Reduce the number of different screens you have to go through to get to different modes. To get from World Tour to Quickplay, you have to press red about 9 times to get to the main menu, and then go into tour mode. At the very least, adding the ability to just press the back button to return straight to the main menu from any other menu would be nice, although even better navigation would be nice to make things like switching players in or out easier.

-Give a way to access a sortable list of all available songs/setlists in World Tour, so you can pick single songs or setlists you want to play or look for things like Make a Setlists that you haven't done yet without having to go around checking every single venue.

-Give custom characters money from songs in band quickplay. Not a big deal, but why not?

-If Solo Tour is brought back, don't restrict it to single player. As longs as it tracks scores seperately per instrument and difficulty combination, there's no reason not to let players do it multiplayer, and it would provide the same benefits as it does in single player (better score tracking than quickplay, can earn money for characters without doing World Tour/Challenges, can pick any song you want, can unlock songs faster)

-Make unlocking songs in World Tour work like unlocking them in Challenges: you get the song when you unlock a setlist that contains it, not when you beat it

-When viewing the songs in a setlist with random songs in World Tour Mode, make it say the difficulty of the songs (i.e. "Simple Random Song' or "Challenging Random Song") (This would be good for stlists containing random songs that having names other than "_____ Random Setlist"). Also, change the name of the middle difficulty random setlists to something like "Moderate Random Setlist," to avoid confusion with random setlists that can have any song.

Much Bigger Thing:

Make DLC get dynamically added to World Tour mode. Give every song a Venue (could be deterined automatically by some sort of algorithm based on things like difficulty tiers, or just done by hand), and make it appear there when you play World Tour. Make dynamic setlists from challenges also appear in World Tour (maybe break infinite setlists into seperate setlists of 5-10 songs, to stop things from getting ridiculous), and give an option to have Battle of the Bands setlists get permanently added to World Tour once the battle ends. This would make World Tour mode last a lot longer for people who like to use it, and would also make it less repetitive and give opportunities to play DLC outside of make a setlist and random setlist.
silverknight727  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwing in an extra comment for "moar dream theater."

Seriously, the Images and Words cd would make for a fantastic album dlc.

After that, I really agree with everyone else here. star count was an interesting idea, and would work on its own, but since there's something to compare it to (RB1's solo playlist), there will be preference, and mine is for the first game's format.

I enjoy that there's a solo option for world tour, but it really made me miss the solo tour from RB1. I honestly think it worked better in the first game where Band and Soloist were kept apart. It'd make XBL score comparison more accurate as well, to be able to compare yourself to people in solo tour as opposed to being a solo player forced to pit himself against full bands with ridiculous amounts of playtime.

That is all, and thank you very much for caring!
Chil  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the return of using the PS3 controller to change speed in practice mode. This was present in Rock Band 1 but for some reason was removed for Rock Band 2. I use an SG, so I don't have directional buttons on my guitar and I would like to change speed in practice without having to exit and reselect the sections I want.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled in survey but will give more feedback here anyway.
I love the rb2 engine, dont f**k it up :-)

Fix following:
Breakneck speed should be saved so we dont need to activate every time.
GH style career mode back please. The world tour was very boring I think because it was too repetitive.
Add a unlock all option so we can play what we like when we get to a new system, should not be a cheat.
Show stars in quicklplay and career mode at scores.
Dont mix easy, meadium hard scores with expert in quickplay. If I play a song on hard I usually get a higher score on expert and I cant see what score Im supposed to improve on expert.
Add Jordan, Hangar 18, Bark at the moon, Freebird, Sweet child of mine, Play with me as DLC, and everything else from GH1-GH80s =P
Add Holy wars.

Nice to have:
Tapping trainer in practise mode, where we dont have to strum to play notes.

Thats what I can think of right now.
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Stats
-Rhythm guitar when its more fun than bass, or have both and let us choose.
-Bass solos
-More Stats
-Let us pick where our note track appears on screen so player one could be on the right side if he wants to be.
-More Stats
-Quickplay style song list for tour mode that lets us earn money for single Songs without having to search all the cities to find the song we want to play

Overhaul the Tour mode in the following ways:

-You earn money based on number of fans and venue size. Small venues you might gain 20 fans and $5 per fan so you get $100. Larger venues get you more new fans and more money per fan. Eventually your new fans per show starts to dwindle. You might put on a huge concert with 1 million people attending, but you'll only gain a thousand or so new fans, but at $40 a head, you get $40,000,000

-More things to buy. Clothes and instruments are great, but what about pyrotechnics, set pieces, studio time to record CDs to earn more fans, etc.

-Recording studio venue, where you can make a setlist and based on the difficulty of songs, the number of songs and the star rating/percent notes hit, you could sell more copies and get more fans and money.

-Venue creator. Doesn't have to be super in depth like Little Big Planet, but something like a skate park editor, or Halo's forge mode where you could set up the lights and the pyros, and back drops and where all the characters stand while playing.

-Music video editor. Let us record a performance then go back afterwards and change camera angles and stuff to best show off our custom characters/venues.

-Try to make the whole tour mode experience more like rags to riches and less like play easy song at small venue ... play hard song at large venue. Start us in a garage with $1000 to buy some instruments and amps. We'll play at talent shows and on public access TV and record music videos for YouTube. Eventually getting gigs at bars and such. Maybe a wedding to play slow songs. Make it funny.

-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fully incorporate DLC into the tour mode. Don't make me play the disc songs 20 times each just to complete it all. When the game starts up the first time, read my DLC list and Generate Tour. When new DLC is bought, shove it in there somewhere.

-MORE STATS

EDIT: -Add a cheat called "More fun mode" since its fun by default. In More Fun Mode the solo button are always active as if the entire song is a solo and the effects are always on.

And more stats like total notes hit/missed, hours played, songs played, points accumulated, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
Tzepish  

Location: Redmond, Washington, US, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my absolute top wishlist for RB... in order of what I'd like to see most, followed by second most, etc.

1.) Fix Shaky Arrow Vox glitch.

2.) Allow PS3 users to delete or blacklist songs.

3.) Stars shown next to scores (with just raw numbers, I can't tell how well I did).

4.) Better access to scores for individual instruments (I want to easily be able to to see my Vox score, my Guitar score, etc. on each song. Right now it's sort of a mystery)

5.) Allow for multiple sets of scores saved per profile (alternatively, allow profile switching without restarting the game, and allow multiple profiles in band mode). RB1 had this (scores were character specific). In theory, you can get around this by creating a whole bunch of bands, but that's sloppy and annoying (This is why I'm making bands called "Tzepish Guitar", "Tzepish Bass", "Tzepish Vox", "Tzepish Vox and Guitar", and "Tzepish Vox and Bass").

6.) Separate leaderboards for each instrument combo in a band. For example, if you get a certain score in a band that has guitar, bass, vox, but no drums, your score goes onto the leaderboard for bands that are guitar, bass, vox, and no drums.

7.) Variable-width pitch lines. Basically, make some words in a song more forgiving than others by having wider pitch lines. For example, many Live performances should be EASIER (because more free-form is generally allowed), but right now they are HARDER since you have to match the singer's vocal improv exactly (free-form is NEVER allowed). With variable width pitch lines, you could make live performances have wider pitch lines. Also, in songs where the chorus is slightly different each time, you could make the width of the pitchlines = the sum of the positions of each of the choruses. Finally, "talkies" would become full-width pitch lines.

8.) Leaderboard rank next to score/stars.

9.) Fix songs that cannot be gold-starred (Polly on drums).

10.) Show combo data at the end of individual songs in a playlist. Show combo data for both the individual song and for the playlist after the last song in the playlist.

11.) Allow vocalists to play instrumentals (just make them press confirm on a "No Part" on the same screen that other instruments select their difficulty).

12.) Allow the players to choose (perhaps there's a default setting and a per-band setting) whether they want their fretboard scroll speeds to be synched up even across different difficulties (as it is now), or to allow them to scroll at different speeds depending on their difficulty.

13.) Slightly larger timing window for guitar/bass. Keep drums strict, as that's realistic, but increase the timing window on guitar, because *that's* realistic.

14.) Uncensored/mature versions of songs. Simply make the censored words worth 0 points to keep score compatibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: