FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Squeezing / Early Whammying in RB1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Squeezing / Early Whammying in RB1 Reply with quote

I'm working back through the series on X Guitar and am having trouble obtaining scores in the top 50. I have a good amount of experience squeezing but it mostly comes from GH3 and RB2. I also haven't seriously played in eons, sans a GH:80s run two years ago when I sucked at early whammying. The search function is not populating results after page 1 for me, so I need to ask some questions.

1) I know there is early whammy in this game, but when there are multiple OD holds right after another, is it beneficial to early whammy both of them, or should I only be early whammying the first sustain so as not to lose OD at the end of the first hold?

2) Can I activate OD at the same time I hit a note, or do I need to wait a split second to hit the note after activating OD like GH:80s and before?

I'm also generally struggling to get scores that seem feasible even without perfect squeezing. The lazy whammy score for I Think I'm Paranoid on APathTooFar is 100,097. I must have played it more than 50 times last night, early whammying and big squeezing to boot, and still only got 99,934. I feel like I am dropping OD at the start of holds occasionally - I don't know if it's my guitar or if my technique is wrong. I always start with the whammy bar in neutral position and whammy as soon as I hit the note.

Any other tips or links to official guides would be appreciated as well.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a little late uh... and I don't have much experience with RB1, but what is your video(?) calibration? The higher your calibration, the more OD you will lose at the start of all sustains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: