FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Breakdown of the 2 Un-FCed Guitar Songs (Voodoo Child FCed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingJaames  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can call me out for cheating if you wish, but I see no problem with gaining vengeance on legit scores that I worked very hard for. These guys have no regard for the legit high score on a song. They'll take it in one play without even thinking about it and laugh at you for losing your hard work. I don't glitch songs that haven't been glitched. I glitch songs that have already been ruined by these people. I see no issue there. Why should I just let them take my scores without fighting back?
Fretmaster91  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Cheating yourself has never been the proper answer to cheating by others.

It's a shame use of SH died out, because it really is the only alternative to the official leaderboards, which clearly are not moderated.

SH leaderboards wouldn't help a thing. If you had 150,200 on a song, I could just path it with my pro guitar glitch to get 150,300 by hoarding/wasting OD. Take a picture for proof after the song is over and viola, leaderboard loopholes.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fretmaster91 wrote:
SH leaderboards wouldn't help a thing. If you had 150,200 on a song, I could just path it with my pro guitar glitch to get 150,300 by hoarding/wasting OD. Take a picture for proof after the song is over and viola, leaderboard loopholes.

RIP in peace photo proofs.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingJaames wrote:
You can call me out for cheating if you wish, but I see no problem with gaining vengeance on legit scores that I worked very hard for. These guys have no regard for the legit high score on a song. They'll take it in one play without even thinking about it and laugh at you for losing your hard work. I don't glitch songs that haven't been glitched. I glitch songs that have already been ruined by these people. I see no issue there. Why should I just let them take my scores without fighting back?

Because then you're no worse than the cheaters you're trying to fight against. You're He Who Fights Monsters.

And then those of us who have the integrity to not cheat back will probably have to report you for cheating as well.

Also, considering that SH as a whole REALLY prides itself on having very accurate paths, all someone would have to do is path out the song and then compare it to your score to see that it's fake. Of course, you may think that there's some leeway for songs with really, really hard UB/100% squeezes, or something like that, but that would just put you under more scrutiny, really.

Expertwin: You do know that "RIP in peace" is redundant, right?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Expertwin: You do know that "RIP in peace" is redundant, right?

Rip in piece any faith I had in scorehero.

Anyway, the thing back in the day was that people always analyzed charts pretty heavily and generally knew what an impossible score was. (This was circe 2006-2008 I guess.) The community was also a lot tighter and people had a better sense of morality I suppose.

Anymore there's maybe 15-20 active posters here and the mods probably still don't know about this. There's certainly not been any comment from any staff on this subject and even if there was it'd be a copy paste "don't do this".

When the most active community RB and GH has that I can think of is the autist chat I can't say that says anything good of the community or its future. (Not that I'm blaming anyone there, it's just not exactly a bastion of mature, legitimate behavior.)

That said, I'd still say that cheating as a response to cheating is not the way to go about things, although I have no suggestions about what else to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voided: {thatsthejoke.jpg}

Anyway, it's not like it's the first time leaderboard cheating has happened. Remember GH2 and the impossible scores? There was even one 1 billion+ score on Easy (KitN if I'm not mistaken). It's just a bit harder to detect it since the scores aren't as far off. And of course, trying to cheat back a cheater still makes you a cheater.

And of course, yeah, this site's pretty dead. I'm pretty much the most active person here (scary, I know).
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
KingJaames  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely fine with being reported. I want my glitched scores taken down if they patch the glitch. Someone I know received a reply from Harmonix that they are looking into the issue. Hopefully they'll actually do something to make the scores fair again.
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingJaames wrote:
I'm completely fine with being reported. I want my glitched scores taken down if they patch the glitch. Someone I know received a reply from Harmonix that they are looking into the issue. Hopefully they'll actually do something to make the scores fair again.

I have extreme doubts Harmonix will do anything to resolve this. They have bigger issues to contend with when it comes to their company assets, including a multitude of other games in development, and Rock Band itself has fallen to the wayside; otherwise, they may have pressured Microsoft to truly resolve the RBN issue. If they're not going to resolve a technical flaw that is completely stopping submission of new songs, with its last gasp being breathed on January 10 of this year, they are not going to resolve the leaderboards, an ultimately auxiliary part of the game.

Besides of which, what can they do? The only method they could possibly have to even hope for a long-term resolution would be another title update, something they said was financially impractical even back when the series was still being developed. Beyond that, they can only appeal to Microsoft and Sony for service bans for those involved, and appealing to the powers-that-be when it comes to the console network infrastructure has worked so well for them in the past, right?

inv4der wrote:
When the most active community RB and GH has that I can think of is the autist chat

Not sure I'd say that's true, but if you know where I've been for the past twelve or so months, of course you'd figure I'd say that.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randomly came back here just to check if anyone had FCed OGaP yet. Can't say I'm surprised it hasn't been done.
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I wouldn't count on it ever being done.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on it.

Seriously though, how could a human manage to hit 27 NPS trills and fills all over the place and not miss in the "easy" parts? That is just plain insanity.

Pulse of the Maggots on the other hand, I could see that being done. Probably not anytime soon, but we're definitely closer to something.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should rename this thread to "Has OGaP or PotM been FC'd yet?" for comedic effect.

Will FC'd PotM outro just recently. He say he won't grind for it, but given that he's Will, and he tends to give in to comment section pressure, he'll FC the song within a week.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
Kashic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that there was exactly a year between the previous two replies is pretty hilarious
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Trippolette
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3 DLC charting is a great tragedy.
Just give it up, this thread isn't worth the attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
RB3 DLC charting is a great tragedy.
Just give it up, this thread isn't worth the attention.

I'm sorry? These are still official songs, with no widely accepted proof that they've been FCed. Until that changes this thread is certainly relevant, and there's even new info regarding songs on the list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 198 of 200

Jump to: