FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Breakdown of the 2 Un-FCed Guitar Songs (Voodoo Child FCed)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Breakdown of the 2 Un-FCed Guitar Songs (Voodoo Child FCed) Reply with quote

Latest Update: Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live) FCed.

List:

1) Operation Ground and Pound
2) Pulse of the Maggots

Old Stuff:

Wiki page containing old OP

Last edited by BobDole on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am; edited 139 times in total
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty good list, but I'd also mention that solo 2E has been hit in a real run by ukog-monkey but choked with like a 2800 ns or so.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
tryd3r  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome list! I knew when I saw that BobDole was the poster that it would be something great. Will you update this with future DLC and songs?

Edit: Oops yeah you will awesome:)
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A Breakdown of the Un-FCed Guitar Songs Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
I'm guessing that people just can't stand having to re-do the song (Blood Sugar Sex Magik) because of the very end of it.

This is it exactly. I'm able to hit the section maybe one in fifteen times in practice; but it's incredibly time consuming to have to do the entire song for another shot at it in a real run.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A Breakdown of the Un-FCed Guitar Songs Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
BobDole wrote:
I'm guessing that people just can't stand having to re-do the song (Blood Sugar Sex Magik) because of the very end of it.

This is it exactly. I'm able to hit the section maybe one in fifteen times in practice; but it's incredibly time consuming to have to do the entire song for another shot at it in a real run.

Tell me about it, >__>. I'll have that song soon enough, but it sure is annoying.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
swedenman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A Breakdown of the Un-FCed Guitar Songs Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
1) Constant Motion

Chart:http://rockband.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/contrib/ajanata/guitar/constantmotion_guitar_expert_blank.png

No surprises here. This song absolutely does not break the strum limit anywhere, but it certainly breaks every fast strumming song in FC difficulty. Nothing even approaches the speed of solo D's 32nd notes, which is 22.7 NPS and last for 3.5 measures. By the way, there are absolutely NO triplets in solo D, contrary to what everyone thinks. The notes at the end are grouped in 3's, but they are STILL 32nd notes and they are STILL 22.7 NPS. Just look carefully at the chart if you don't believe me. Notice that the first ORG "triplet" has two notes in one measure and one note in the next...this is what made me suspicious of the notion that they were triplets. I proceeded to count the notes (all of them too, not just a few). I discovered that there are still 8 to every single beat. There are exactly 7 required strums in the 22.7 NPS section and none of them are random, so tapping the end of it should be "easy" once someone figures out how to hit the scales before it and the transition into it (I mean somewhat easy for that person, it's still impossible for most of us). Starting with the last B before the "triplets," there are 7.5 beats of straight 32nd notes with absolutely no breaks. This is the longest amount of time that you have to sustain the 22.7 NPS fretting with absolutely no breaks; there are also 2 tricky strums in this sequence. While it is possible to choke after the solo, I doubt that someone who could actually FC the song would.

OH SWEET JUSTICE

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TRIPLETS ARE

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and to my knowledge (I've checked a few times) the bridge in My Last Words is 16.4 not 16.5

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and to my knowledge (I've checked a few times) the bridge in My Last Words is 16.4 not 16.5

This is (mostly) correct. To be exact, it is 16.4 NPS in bursts 1, 2, and 4. However, the 3rd burst is 16.53 NPS (due to a 1 BPM tempo increase). I did round quite a bit of these NPS calculations when the tempo changed like that, and I tended to round high. I probably should have been more specific in that part though since there are only two tempos.

Usually, if I use two decimal places or more, it's exact. I think that you can tell which are exact by the way I talk about them, but ask (or calculate yourself and post about it) if you're not sure.

The two scariest NPS counts are close to exact. The 17.96 NPS in Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live) is exactly correct but the 22.7 NPS in Constant Motion is rounded somewhat. There are two tempos in the fast part. At the beginning of the sweeps, the speed is 22.7067 NPS. It then changes to 22.6 NPS in the next measure, the beginning of the so-called "triplets." In the last measure, with the ORG part, it picks back up to 22.733 NPS. It's all very close to the same speed though, so I just rounded it off to 22.7 NPS when talking about the section as a whole. It's not like you can really tell a difference when you're playing that part anyway; it's not like everybody can easily hit the first few "triplets" because they're .1 NPS slower than the rest of it.

While I think that calling the notes at the end of Constant Motion solo D "triplets" is the best way to quickly reference them, please put it in quotation marks people. Musically, they are not triplets; they just happen to be grouped in threes. Actually, maybe we could just call them "threes" or "the tapping part" (I don't think that anybody would attempt to one-hand them in a serious attempt at an FC) or something. Neither of those will ever catch on though.

PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically enough, they should be triplets, they're just overcharted, much like the strumming in My Last Words.

I think at least a couple of those AC/DC songs remain un-FCed primarily because nobody bothered to get the pack. Even I could probably get #12 if I sat down and grinded (ground?) it out, but the chord strumming at the end is deceivingly tricky due to the tempo changes that you can't hear at all, you can only see. I'd imagine someone with BNS would have a much easier time of it than I.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, Constant Motion was 100%'d by GearsOfWarCRAZY from YouTube back (I think) in October, although:

1. He overstrummed in Solo B so it wasn't an FC.
2. He set that video to private because he only had the stats page and everyone kept saying it was fake.

He said that when he does ultimately get that 100% FC with no overstrums or anything, he'll repost it. All I know is that there are 2422 notes in the song (or 2242, not certain, I remember seeing a GH3 custom of the song with a bot that FC'd it and that was the streak), and he had a note streak of 1500-something.

Not that it means anything since it wasn't an official FC, but just thought i'd mention it.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ironically enough, they should be triplets, they're just overcharted, much like the strumming in My Last Words.

This is correct; I've come to the sad realization that Constant Motion is hard partially because it is overcharted. Just listening to it carefully and watching the notechart fly by in practice mode was enough to prove that to myself (which I did after I read complaints about overcharting that I wished weren't true). The fact is, our notechart gives us 32nd notes there, so we have to play 32nd notes (or, for 99.9% of us, flail with overdrive activated and get low 80s on the solo with a GOOD run of it). The problem with calling it triplets is that this makes people think that it's only about 17 NPS, which is totally wrong.

I still don't think that the song would have been FCed by now had it been charted 100% correctly, because the sweeps are (I think) charted correctly and that's the main reason why nobody can do it.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just so you know, Constant Motion was 100%'d by GearsOfWarCRAZY from YouTube back (I think) in October

I was well aware of this. I'm pretty sure MOST of us don't believe that really happened at all. There were several obvious signs that the videos (the stats and the solo FC) were fake; the overstrum in solo B was just bullshit he made up so that people would believe him (because the streak was wrong for an FC). Who the hell overstrums there anyway?

Just to remind you if you weren't aware, his video of him supposedly FCing the solo was cut short at the end so that the viewer couldn't see the fretboard fly away at double speed (clearly, he FCed it on 50% and sped up the video to make it look like full speed). He did the same thing in a solos compilation video with the hardest part (Chorus 2 I think) of I Ain't Superstitious, claiming to have the first FC of the part. When people asked why it was cut short, he said that the ending was "just holds" and "too boring" to be included in the video. Apparently, his "high quality" video would have been damaged by another 2 seconds of long notes, so he just cut that one short. Right.

As you say, it's not an official 100% anyway, but it's also very unlikely that the 100% ever happened at all. He's a good player, but not THAT good. I think he just wanted attention. He will not be mentioned in the analysis of Constant Motion.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then, although I really don't want to doubt him, but that's just me.

Also, interesting note - Half of those eight songs on bass that haven't been FC'd yet are ones on this list (Whole Lotta Rosie, Let There Be Rock Live, For Those About to Rock and Thrasher). I know another one of those five I think is Hells Bells'. So what the other three are, we'll find out shortly. And you'll only be mentioning stuff that has not been FC'd at all in RB1 OR 2 that has some particular hard part, yes?
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I will only do the songs that have not been full comboed at all in either game.

The other three that you left out are Mica, That's When I Reach For My Revolver, and Visions. The five that you listed are correct. However, this is according to a locked topic that lists all of the un-FCed songs. The Wiki does not list Let There Be Rock (Live) and That's When I Reach For My Revolver, which have probably been FCed since the topic was locked. I will double check these two, as well as any song that seems too easy to be on the list (I will play each song like I did with guitar).

By the way, I'm glad I'm not good enough to do drums, there's a TON of drum songs that haven't been FCed. If any good drummer wants to make one of these for drums, go ahead. It will be a BIG job though.

Every song has been FCed on vocals, so we don't even need to worry about that instrument at all. I don't think it's possible for anything but a broken talky to stop our top vocalists.

PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosfreak07 wrote:
... For Those About to Rock...

BobDole wrote:
The five that you listed are correct.

Wow... what a slap in the face.

/me goes back to being ignored because he's on PS2...

EDIT: It also looks like some guy on PS2 has FCed Hells Bells. The score looks low (probably due to bad path and squeezing), but the note streak looks right.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread

Last edited by PhatTrumpet on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 1 of 200

Jump to: