FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/20 DLC - Steve Miller, Belly, Rob Zombie, Godsmack & more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few quick guitar/drum reviews (didn't get Belly, played all on drums except Wind Me Up and The Joker).

I Stand Alone -
Guitar: Although I really like this song, the guitar chart does not do it justice. It's full of boring single notes and a few chords. There's a solo full of single 8th notes and about 3 hammer-ons. If you play guitar only, this isn't a good song to buy unless you love it.

Drums: I find this song to be fun on drums. Short 3-5 note rolls throughout, along with some long rolls in the 1st and 3rd chorus. The beats are pretty fun to play. Not too hard, not too easy. Very fun.

Wind Me Up -
Guitar: I don't really know what to say about this song. It's a good song IMO, but outside of the guitar solo, it's pretty dull. The guitar solo doesn't consist of much either. It's more enjoyable than that other Ghost Hounds song, though.

Typical -
Guitar: It's not too fun on guitar, but that's not really a surprise. The verses consist of some high single notes. The choruses consist of slowish chords. That's really it other than the solo. The solo is a slow alt-strummy part, and it's probably the only memorable part of the song. Expect it to ruin many FCs.

Drums: Really fun song. Awesome beat. The verses are moderate-speed high-hat hits, and then the choruses come. Red and blue/green alternate, with bass pedal thrown in between. After each chorus there is a few quick rolls. In the last few choruses, you'll be seeing rolls in between the snare and cymbal hits., as well as some FP/LT-esque parts. Really fun on drums. Must buy for a drummer.

War Zone-
Guitar: This is the hardest song in the pack on guitar, and it's moderately hard. Pretty sleep-inducing in the verses and choruses, but they sound cool. Then the solo comes. This consists of zig-zags on YBO going down to GRY and back up. There's some quick strummy-fretty parts at the end of the solo which are the real combo-breakers. If you like sexy solos, get this.

Drums: Not as hard as I expected on drums, but it's still fun. Those little drum fill parts are actually simple, but I guess I was hearing something else in the track. Still fun though, although I can't remember the rest of the song outside of those fills. >_______>

The Joker-
Guitar: Bleh, I don't say this much, but WT wins on most of this song. I really enjoyed it with HO/PO's, but I guess it was still a little bit fun. I enjoyed the solos more, though, they were pretty fun, although simple.

Take the Money and Run -
Guitar: Very under-tiered and the hardest song in this entire week IMO. This song has FUCKING BRUTAL chords. It's at about slow alt-strumming speed, and the chords get tough starting at the first verse. The choruses get wtf-ish, with alternating or something like that, and my fingers get really jumbled up. In the later choruses, there are some sixteenth note triplets, which are pretty fun. Definitely my favorite on guitar this week, although that's probably because I like sexy chords.

Drums: The song opens up with a "drum solo," although I don't get how that can be a drum solo, yet some other things can't. Anyways, this is mostly alternating snare and high-hat, along with some quick bass pedal hits thrown in and some cymbals every now and then. Later on you get some sixteenth triplet rolls, which piss me off to no end. Pretty fun.

Space Cowboy -
Guitar: Pretty fun song. Verses and choruses consist of slow 8th notes and some quick hammer-ons, and then come the drum solo parts, where you have to alt-strum some quick green notes. Pretty fun solo, as well. I think this is a enjoyable song to play, but not my favorite in the week at all.

Drums: My god, awesome song. This should definitely be in the second-to-last tier though. Throughout the verses you alternate between red and blue, with bass pedals hit on the blue. Later the bass pedal becomes constant 8th notes, and continues into the chorus. For some reason the first drum section isn't a solo, which really makes no sense to me. The first one is simple, though. Verse, chorus, and then the first drum solo. You see that it starts getting really confusing at the end of the first solo, and I was all . Verse, chorus, guitar solo, and then the final drum solo. You'll notice that it seems almost like the part at the end of the first drum solo. Then comes this really fast roll that I somehow hit on sightread. It has to slower than I thought, because I'm not that great at drums. I went ¯\(°_o)/¯ after the song. Best song of the week on drums, as well as being in my top 20 on drums overall. Fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, who was asleep at the wheel when Take the Money and Run was rated for Tier 2 on Guitar?

War Zone has a crazy solo but I'll be damned if I play it that much because I find the song to be annoying.

I look forward to playing a lot of these songs on drums, they sounded fun, especially Mute Math.

elemenohpe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB666 wrote:
Why is War Zone being labeled as Nu-metal ??
Rob Zombie isn't Nu-metal.

I'd call him nu-metal. He just fit closer to that category after White Zombie than any other contemporary genre. Plus, he tours mostly with nu-metal acts...
[X] Complete GH:WT Guitar career on Expert
[50%] Complete GH:WT Drum career on Expert
[X] Complete GH:WT Bass career on Expert
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 7030206393912895
Systematic1  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take The Money and Run is a 2 on guitar? Weird how I can FC some 5's on guitar but find this actually tricky..

Same with One Step Closer for that matter. That's a zero? It's harder than a few 4's..
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really crap way to end the Fadeout on The Joker.

I mean, really. Not only is it truncated, it's horribly mixed in and makes no sense in its placement. Just one of the chords from within the song would have been better to end out of nowhere. They should have just gone Synchronicity II on our asses.

I think I've been spoiled by the way Neversoft end their songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S1ckH4nds wrote:
Here's the bass sightreads, in glorious HD:

- Belly "Feed the Tree"
- Ghost Hounds "Wind Me Up"
- Godsmack "I Stand Alone"
- Mute Math "Typical"
- Rob Zombie "War Zone"
- Steve Miller Band "Space Cowboy"
- Steve Miller Band "Take the Money and Run"
- Steve Miller Band "The Joker"

Typical is the big win on bass this week, Feed The Tree got a music video stage (film student), and amazingly none of this week's tracks got flagged by Youtube. Will wonders never cease...

Oh dag nab it, you've gone HD too? Now I'm the last of the DLC chart people without an HD capture device. Sigh.... I don't have 250 dollars to throw at one...

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
AbyssalShrimp  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh

The Wii got 6 old songs, nothing more for now

Rockaway Beach
Margaritaville
I Fought The Law
Volcano
The Collector
March of the Pigs

And that's all. No announcement yet, so this might or might not be all we get this week.
colts100  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped to play Typical. Any other songs I should consider?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colts100 wrote:
I'm so pumped to play Typical. Any other songs I should consider?

I'd say that I Stand Alone, Space Cowboy and Take the Money are great on Drums, and War Zone is decent on Guitar and Drums. Everything is pretty bland on Bass. (With the exception of Typical) I haven't done anything on Vox except the Joker and War Zone, the former was tricky, but WZ was pretty easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're drumming, get space cowboy. Its extremely fun to play and somewhat challenging too. The solos are very difficult to play too, i usually only get around 80% on the first and slightly higher on the second solo.

Space Cowboy Expert Drums

Last edited by PyrosLilBro on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Cowboy's drum solo is a bitch. I don't think I ever ended up getting through it.

Granted, I suck at drums.

Always nice to see you guys enjoy DLC!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Blacktooth  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssalShrimp wrote:
So, uh

The Wii got 6 old songs, nothing more for now

Rockaway Beach
Margaritaville
I Fought The Law
Volcano
The Collector
March of the Pigs

And that's all. No announcement yet, so this might or might not be all we get this week.

I was quite surprised myself. If that is all for the week, color me disappointed. I was expecting 6-10 songs plus current DLC for 1/20. Maybe we will get back catalog on Tue, and current on Thu or Fri? Oh well, not like we can do anything about it but wait.
Browntown  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Typical on expert guitar. Small contribution I guess but a contribution nonetheless.

"Typical" - Mute Math
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." --Philippians 4:13

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: El Browntown
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured they would have censored "midnight toker" in The Joker. Interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
I figured they would have censored "midnight toker" in The Joker. Interesting.

the radio never censored that part, and alot of people have no clue what that actually means.

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: