FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
#1 Guitarist (engrave32) & #1 Bassist (MephistoJak) UNITE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MephistoJak  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: #1 Guitarist (engrave32) & #1 Bassist (MephistoJak) UNIT Reply with quote

MephistoJak is the #2 bassist for Rock Band, and the #1 bassist for Rock Band 2. Having bested the hardest song for bass on both Rock Bands (including Flirtin' with Disaster and Panic Attack), he is looking for something unique to do. People have often referred to his Rock Band 2 paths for help, and some have contributed well (ProffessorJoe and PhatTrumpet). Along with being among the most elite squeezers (namely BrianBAM), he has stormed through and will hold his title as the best Plasti-Bassist in the game of Rock Band.

engrave32 is the #10 guitarist for Rock Band, but is the #1 guitarist for Rock Band 2, which really set his reputation off. He has re-FC'ed some of the hardest songs on the game with no problem, and has also FC'ed songs like Peace Sells, Souls of Black, and Visions on his 3rd - 5th run of the song, proving his consistency with FC'ing songs. Although he is not well renown, he is beginning to show himself to Scorehero with a BANG!

NOW, when these two met, there was a science between them, and that sciences name was INFINEVENT!!!! Together, they will be named the Kings of the Strings and will go through every song in Rock Band 2, the AC/DC Live track pack, and all DLC.

(Currently, there is no set time, and we are definitely looking for sponsorship through a charity. Also, before any drummers or vocalists ask, we are only playing the strings due to noise activity. But, this is just to announce this event. We look forward to playing for you soon!)

Last edited by MephistoJak on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
MarkMadness  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O I am looking forward to this. I'd say get Calin..but yeah..I'm pretty sure he's not ready for it again lol
Do you just wake up and piss excellence, or what?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MarkMadnessSH
nbrazzx55  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you asking me to do this a while ago, but never got back to you. I wouldn't be able to do it anyway lol, I really have no time with swimming, school, and work. But you found someone a LOT better though, so thats good I'm looking forward to this!

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.
the only way this could get better is if you promised to blow something up every double-FC.
engrave32  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
WOW.
the only way this could get better is if you promised to blow something up every double-FC.

idk about blowing something up, maybe some sort of super awesome high-five

Snook  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double FC Visions! This combination is going EXPLODE OUR MINDS.

Well, if you guys do the Guitar/Bass duo contest that blackout has, I still have a chance at 3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snook wrote:
Well, if you guys do the Guitar/Bass duo contest that blackout has, I still have a chance at 3rd.

It's funny you mention this, cause I signed us up for that before I came in and read this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: THE MephistoJak
Snook  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be streaming ever?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snook wrote:

Sure, why not?
Snook  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MephistoJak wrote:
Snook wrote:

Sure, why not?

Err I dunno? :S Good luck to you both!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedDevilD was hurting pretty good after we did 500 Songs to Freedom. I wish you both luck. He says that 400 songs in, you are shot. But he wishes you luck nonetheless.

GQD has no soul. Just Rock Band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: GQD2008
reddevild  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know when you guys are going to do this, but to tell you from personal experience (through 500 songs to freedom) your left hand will lose most of it's actually playing speed (i.e. Caprici di diablo on guitar) after around 200-300 songs. All of your joints just give out on your fingers, and the only real way to even remotely help is by taking lots of ibuprofen (or your painkiller of choice). the more you can sit down the better, you dont even realize how tired your legs will be after standing for that long. Also, WEAR REALLY COMFORTABLE SHOES. i went barefoot the whole time and wore out the carpeting where i was standing after 30-36 hours and had no support whatsoever for my feet and legs (at around this point, my knees were in just massive amounts of pain to where i could barely stand) I'll be watching, but i hope you guys realize what you are getting yourselves into. now granted, im nowhere near as good as either of you, but your hands will start to kill after about 30 hours of playing. one last note, the first thing on me that actually started getting tired was my strumming arm, only after about 16-20 hours of playing.

i wish you luck, but i think you guys might be more insane than me

GQD2008 wrote:
The real way of hitting that fill is with a 9 iron. Or your mom.

Snook  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot. With your powers combined...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevild wrote:
I dont know when you guys are going to do this, but to tell you from personal experience (through 500 songs to freedom) your left hand will lose most of it's actually playing speed (i.e. Caprici di diablo on guitar) after around 200-300 songs. All of your joints just give out on your fingers, and the only real way to even remotely help is by taking lots of ibuprofen (or your painkiller of choice). the more you can sit down the better, you dont even realize how tired your legs will be after standing for that long. Also, WEAR REALLY COMFORTABLE SHOES. i went barefoot the whole time and wore out the carpeting where i was standing after 30-36 hours and had no support whatsoever for my feet and legs (at around this point, my knees were in just massive amounts of pain to where i could barely stand) I'll be watching, but i hope you guys realize what you are getting yourselves into. now granted, im nowhere near as good as either of you, but your hands will start to kill after about 30 hours of playing. one last note, the first thing on me that actually started getting tired was my strumming arm, only after about 16-20 hours of playing.

i wish you luck, but i think you guys might be more insane than me

Oh yeah, I definitely plan on having that little hand exercise thing....whatever it's called. It's a coil with two grips that you squeeze to relieve tension in your wrist and fingers.
Also, just to make things more sporadic, I believe we'd go in alphabetical order. I don't know, I'm gonna ask engrave. The only thing that sucks though is to end an epic night with the song "Zero" by Smashing Pumpkins...lol.

Also, you will notice I play the guitar wierd. I plan on sitting and crossing my right ankle over my left thigh so that my foot rests on my left leg. It creates an opening to rest the head of the guitar....mmm...mmm...comfy, like a cowboy playing an acoustic.

Thanks for the support, though. We hope you watch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: