FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
my new drums... the difference?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: my new drums... the difference? Reply with quote

so i got my new drums in today and found out they are like my friends drums.

I dont know if there is a way to tell the difference or if anyone has had two different sets yet, but my new ones have a more raised lip around the edge of each pad. This isnt easy to describe because my first ones had a lip it just wasnt as defined as this one. This one has more of a definite lip. Thats the main noticable difference about the two. Does anyone know which ones are better?

My first set seem to be good the xbox button just didnt work, but i fixed it before the new ones came, plus the pedal broke of course.

Just want to make sure the old ones are the bad ones and the new ones are good before i go sending my old ones back and they are supposed to be the better set.

EDIT: I took them apart to maybe get some more advice. One has the orange piece under the pad (without the raised lip) The other has the foam on the stand part and not the pad part.

Last edited by joshtbuff on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
joshtbuff  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.

i need to get these in the mail, but ewanted some opinions first

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshtbuff wrote:
bump.

DO NOT BUMP YOUR THREADS.

If somebody has something helpful to say, they will say it. Also, isn't the whole point of getting a new drum set because you're old one didn't work correctly? If you can't tell any differences yourself, then you probably aren't playing at a level where it even matters (speaking from experience).

P.S. Not trying to sound rude in the second half there ^ it's just that I feel people are abusing the instrument return thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i am not playing at a difficulty where it matters... yet. But i will be. I originally opted for a new set because my xbox guide button didnt work. my pedal broke. I fixed both. So now i am wanting to keep the best of the two and if it wasnt a time sensitive issue i never would have bumped it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
joshtbuff wrote:
bump.

DO NOT BUMP YOUR THREADS.

If somebody has something helpful to say, they will say it. Also, isn't the whole point of getting a new drum set because you're old one didn't work correctly? If you can't tell any differences yourself, then you probably aren't playing at a level where it even matters (speaking from experience).

P.S. Not trying to sound rude in the second half there ^ it's just that I feel people are abusing the instrument return thing.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I met you're the guy I met at the GHIII midnight release in A2? We had that little tournament outside in the cold (I was the kid with long hair).

Btw, I did end up beating the devil that night :p

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
Prodigal  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new ones that are better have a recessed lip as opposed to my old one that had a higher lip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: