FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beez808  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP) Reply with quote

Welcome to the Full Band Paths Index!
Here you will find a list of links to full band paths on the Scorehero Wiki. If a path exists on the Wiki but is not listed here, please PM me or post in this thread and I will add it to the index. If a path does not exist, please feel free to create it!
Also, if you have a path but haven't spent the 5 points to be able to edit the wiki, PM the path to me and I will put it in as soon as I can.

Please be as forthcoming as you can with information on your path. Just an image will work, but if you have notes or the shorthand written already, that will save me a lot of time.

I path for Xbox360 so I will be creating paths for that platform which, as I understand, will also work for PS3. If you have paths for PS2 or Wii, by all means, let me know.

Paths will follow the standard notations already in place for their respective instruments. Drums are here, Vox is here, Guitar/Bass is here.

Additional abbreviations:

A[V,D,G,B] - Activate After Vox, Drums, Guitar, or Bass.
B[V,D,G,B] - Activate Before Vox, Drums, Guitar, or Bass.
W[V,D,G,B] - Activate With Vox, Drums, Guitar, or Bass.
(m#[b#]) - Measure number[beat number within measure]
C - Compress OD phrase (i.e. Don't whammy sustained notes).
NoN - No Note to squeeze or Activate on.

Xbox 360/PS3:
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Alex Chilton (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Enter Sandman (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Hello There (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Man in the Box (easy, medium, hard, expert)
My Own Worst Enemy (easy, medium, hard, expert)
PDA (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Shackler's Revenge (easy, medium, hard, expert)
Visions (easy, medium, hard, expert)
You Oughta Know (easy, medium, hard, expert)

Wii/PS2:

Contributors:
Beez808 - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter(X), PDA(X)
beingmused - Shackler's Revenge(X)
Fedora - Alex Chilton(X), Man in the Box(X), My Own Worst Enemy(X)
Kawigi - Hello There(X), You Oughta Know(X)
meister - Enter Sandman(X), Visions(X)

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)

Last edited by Beez808 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 22 times in total
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the mods will suggest using the wiki site to share all and any paths.

EDIT: I guess I should be more specific...

If you go to the RB2 wiki home page: http://wiki.scorehero.com/Game_RockBand2

You can select any song, I randomly picked pretend we're dead:
http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_RB2_PretendWereDead

There is a list of all the combinations of difficulties and parts to a band. Click the appropriate one and edit the page with your path.

While this may be the "right" thing to do, sadly few people check the wiki site, so it will probably go unnoticed, especially if only a few songs are ever entered.

I hope someone else gives a better answer than this =)

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Beez808  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was hoping to get more of a discussion going than the wiki provides.

I thought about creating an accomplishment thread for each song path, but that doesn't really work as it's not really appropriate for that forum.

The multi-tasking forum isn't really a good place for it either as I'm not playing all the instruments myself. So...

*shrug*

internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I was hoping to get more of a discussion going than the wiki provides.

I thought about creating an accomplishment thread for each song path, but that doesn't really work as it's not really appropriate for that forum.

The multi-tasking forum isn't really a good place for it either as I'm not playing all the instruments myself. So...

*shrug*

I completely agree,

thats why I said I hope someone had a better suggestion. There really is not a forum for this kind of stuff and there needs to be.

Maybe someone should suggest a FB Technique Forum or something.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was the center for a while, until the stickies got condensed into that singly info sticky thread:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5765

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned to the other mods that we could use a place for FB pathing discussion, since as of right now there's no "correct" place. For right now, your best bet would be to use the thread that Fedora linked since that's been the best place in the past.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
This thread was the center for a while, until the stickies got condensed into that singly info sticky thread:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5765

Yeah, I understand the reasoning for the single thread since there were a lot of stickies. But I rarely ever remember to surf that thread, and I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same. It's where stickies go to die.

I play my game online
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you put them in the appropriate part of the wiki and then start a thread, possibly in this forum (although a full band technique forum would be nice ), and provide links to them (and anyone else's paths, if you want to maintain it like the path threads people have set up for each instrument and let people submit their own).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a discussion thread with the OP linking all songs to the paths on the wiki pages?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
Maybe a discussion thread with the OP linking all songs to the paths on the wiki pages?

Yeah, that. And since there isn't a better forum for this thread to exist in, looks like you just created the thread, Beez (if you want to maintain it, if not, I"m sure someone else - or me, at the very least - will create it).

I know we're planning on releasing more and more paths in the not too distant future, and many are floating out there, so a place should be created for them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to start and maintain it if people want. I am always up at 5am now, and no one posts on here then so I usually am just bored looking through old posts =P

I play my game online
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool, I'm usually on here about 5 times a week if not every day.

I can maintain it. For now I'll just browse the wiki and see what full band paths are up there. Also, I'll throw a few up there myself.

Edit:
In the interest of getting a list going, anyone know of any paths that are posted already?

For notation, I plan to use the standard vox and drums notation as listed in their respective path threads.

I must admit I'm not too familiar with Guitar/Bass path notations. With my band I've been using something like this: 4-3rd (GO), 2-NN, 3-1st (R)sus.

I also usually use the WD, WG, WV, or WB notations for Guitar/Bass paths. That is "With Drums," "With Guitar," "With Vox," or "With Bass" for activations. Also AD, AG, AV, and AB for "After Drums," "After Guitar," "After Vox," and "After Bass".

So, for example, my Bass path for A Jagged Gorgeous Winter looks something like:
2-1st(R) (WD), 2-1st(R) (WD), 1-(AG) 1st(G), 3-1st(R) (WD)

Looking at it now it seems really complex, but all the info is in there. As long as the guitarist and the drummer activate in the right place, the bassist will have no trouble.

[Edit: I figured out the Wiki Editing thing... Taken care of.]

Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I bumped this because I added my expert A Jagged Gorgeous Winter path.

Any feedback on the layout and the notation would be appreciated.

Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:

If I post a couple of my "mapped out visually but not in plaintext" paths, would someone be willing to take the time to convert them into notation? Because that's really the only thing I'm too lazy to do.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fedora: heh, sure man. I can handle that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: