FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried Alex Chilton last night and with a FBFC and Kawigi's suggested change it netted us 1,628,491. I wonder if there is still more to go from it. Here's one of ours, I think its close enough to the top score but it still seems to fall 15-20k short:

PDA:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2963/pdafullbandexpertblankfmd4.png

Guitar:

w/d, w/d, w/d, w/d, w/d, w/d, 2-1stYO, w/d

Bass:

2-4thB(dontchain), w/d, w/d, w/d, 2-6thB(nochain), w/d, 2-6thO, w/d

Drums:

0-1-0-0-0-1-2

VOx:

2sk3(goearlynochain), 2-imm, 2-imm, 3-imm,2AT-sk1

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to post this because I wanted my band to use it first for our FBFC. But it may take a little while longer than we expected, so I guess I have had a change of heart:

Visions:
Drums - 3, 5, 0, 2, 3
m23-28, m59-66, m83-90, m119-128, m151-158

Vox - 3/, 4/sk1, 2/
m59-66, m119-126, m151-156

Guitar - wd, wd, wd, wd, wd
m23-28, m59-66, m83-91, m119-128, m151-158

Bass - 2-13thR, 2-14thG, wd, wd, wd
m22-27, m56-65, m83-90, m119-128, m151-158

Expected Score: 2,022,416

Please use this wisely =D.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Beez808  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually got the 1st place path for PDA. I'm going try one more time for FBFC with my band tonight. After that I'll give it up.

Adding all paths back to Fedora now.

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
I've actually got the 1st place path for PDA. I'm going try one more time for FBFC with my band tonight. After that I'll give it up.

Adding all paths back to Fedora now.

Awesome Pathing long songs can be a pain.

Has anyone had the opportunity to path 'New Kid in School' its quite the tricky one.

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Beez808  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added 3/4 of Fedora's paths. Waiting on A Jagged Gorgeous Winter.

@Fedora: Do you want to change the last vox activation since we've figured out it's impossible to bridge that with half?

Adding internetguy87's Visions now.

Fedora  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Added 3/4 of Fedora's paths. Waiting on A Jagged Gorgeous Winter.

@Fedora: Do you want to change the last vox activation since we've figured out it's impossible to bridge that with half?

Adding internetguy87's Visions now.

Sure, those were all just stuff I pathed when I was bored on planes flyign around this summer. I'm sure there are mistakes.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Beez808  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@internetguy87: So, I'm creating the image for your path and I've got a few questions and concerns.
Path image is here.

Vox seems to work just fine.
1st Bass act: Did you mean m21 (13R)?
2nd Bass act.: Bass actually gets to 3 before hitting 14G. I assume you mean 3/(14G) as that lines up with m56. But, it bridges OD and goes to m68b1?

1st Guitar act: Needs to go 1 beat early to avoid bridging an OD phrase and carrying through measure 30.
2nd Guitar act: Activating with drums overruns a 1/4 bar from unison?

2nd Drums act.: Drums actually overruns a 1/2 bar unison by skipping 5?

This may all be intentional as I haven't looked at pathing Visions.
Let me know and I'll put it up.

internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Beez:

Drums: This is completely fine, and intentional. If you activate earlier so you don't use up OD, you can't have a fill to line up at the important places.

Bass:

1st act - Since you don't pick up the OD until end of m27 the idea is to activate exactly 24 beats before the last OD note. I thought I had correctly picked the note but I may be 1 note off.

2nd act - This is a tricky activation. The idea is to have exactly 4 beats of OD when you hit the last OD note of m57. This will then bump you up to a full bar and you will run out 1 note before picking up OD in m65. Once again I may be off by 1 note in my count.

Guitar:

1st act - Like above, I may have miscounted. I did this pretty fast, and probably should've double checked counts.

2nd act - This is correct. Since you finish the unison a bit before m59, if you activate early you don't carry through all the way to 67.

Thanks for taking time to find these problems, if you need a clearer explanation in any let me know.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Beez808  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@internetguy87: Word. Ok, I'll iron it out and put it up after work tonight.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuznagi: On Alex Chilton, you mean 1.5M, not 1.6M, right? And that PDA path isn't even close to what I came up with.

internetguy87: On the first bass/guitar activation, why not run over the OD? You're going to eat that and more before the next activation anyways. That, and I think somewhat better is possible (my best comes out to an estimated 2.1M), but it's Visions, so it's hard to say how much it matters :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to give my path credit to meister =D.

@ Kawigi... I don't have the path up right now, so this is from memory and I may be wrong. I am pretty sure that you wanted to not run over it, so you have more at the second activation for when vocals has activated. I also don't believe you get more than a full bar before that activation.

Further more to Kawigi =P... I was posting this more as a joke. It was a path I wrote in like 3 minutes =P. But, may as well have some path there just in case some band ever wants to try it!

I play my game online
Beez808  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, actually, the only visions path up there IS meister's. Sorry to say, but I haven't gotten around to putting your path up, internetguy.

Though, if it was a joke, I'm kinda glad I didn't find the time as I'd much rather spend my time translating genuine efforts.

beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Heh, actually, the only visions path up there IS meister's. Sorry to say, but I haven't gotten around to putting your path up, internetguy.

Though, if it was a joke, I'm kinda glad I didn't find the time as I'd much rather spend my time translating genuine efforts.

What I believe my esteemed bandmate meant was that the decision to find an ideal path for Visions is somewhat of a joke, since we are nowhere near being able to utilize such a path. However, some bands might be. If the path itself is a good one it doesn't really matter whether it was pathed for fun or not.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Beez808 wrote:

What I believe my esteemed bandmate meant was that the decision to find an ideal path for Visions is somewhat of a joke, since we are nowhere near being able to utilize such a path. However, some bands might be. If the path itself is a good one it doesn't really matter whether it was pathed for fun or not.

This. My path is a complete legit path. Obivously with my checking what you asked about I did use excel and work through possibilities, and my path is a good, even if not optimal completely, path. If you chose not to put it up your choice, but this is a legit path.

What I meant by a joke is the chances a band can pull this path off would be beyond rediculous. To actually be able to hit every OD on every instrument and activate correctly every time would be an amazing achievment.

I will make it up later by posting a x-plat first place path on an easier song later =P.

I play my game online
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@internetguy877 and beingmused: Ahh, my apologies then. I admit it was pretty early in the morning when I was reading it so I guess I didn't get that the joke was not the path and was instead being able to use it.

I'm going to be adding PDA here as my band took another stab at it, but stars never align and one of us usually misses one note, for some reason. It's usually me. Stupid Interpol...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: