FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Run to the Hills EXPERT Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I hear is how hard this is on hard.
I think ima try and go for it tonight.
I just 5* The Electric Version.
I 5* up to Paranoind. only 4* n half. I put my bass pedal on the floor to the side and all them basses. heheh, i had that thing all over the floor.
And 3* vasoline. Very odd timing there. I finally got it near the end, so 2-3 more runs I think I could 5 it.
5* on sightreads mostly. If not, 2nd try I get it.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Zknet  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
broken record

Just because it's not hard for you or other DM players or drummers, doesn't mean it's not hard for people without experience.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Zknet  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Zknet wrote:
Hi, I read posts quite well, thank you.

deepbluevibes wrote:
Compared things to DM again and the experience gained from it, so broken record.

Finally made comparisons to RB songs, but ignored the fact that people are obviously having trouble with this song, even if they already beat DoA two tiers prior.

Just for clarification.

Anyways, I'm not helping the topic so I'm done.
halcyonryu  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this into quickplay on expert and it really did seem easier on expert than on hard. I don't think I would have much trouble with it, problem is I will never see it cause I'll never beat DoA.
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. well i beat it on hard pretty easy. Its not the stamina its the actual rhythm.. i think i'm just going too fast. I got through 57 today
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't exactly in line with the rest of the discussion that's been going on with this thread, but I think in this song more than any, it is absolutely vital that your lag calibration is set properly.

When I first started playing this (and note, this is still one of the songs I have yet to 5-star), I was breaking a lot of combos and missing a lot of notes. I went back into the lag calibration, shifted it 5 ms (from 15 ms to 20 ms) and it made a WORLD of a difference.

I also think one of the hardest parts is making sure that you're hitting the bass drum EXACTLY on the beats with the red/yellow pad. Although, I'll be honest, I'm much better at odd bass drum patterns (fills in Black Hole Sun, Dead on Arrival, Epic, etc.) than I am with these "four on the floor" songs.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Zknet wrote:
Hi, I don't read posts.

deepbluevibes wrote:
i'm not even saying this like i'm pro at rock band or whatever, i'm saying it because stamina-wise it's really not that crazy at all :/

There, hopefully you'll read that again but I guess not.

I'm saying, even for someone with zero experience at drums, zero experience at video games or rhythm games, you should be having FAR more trouble with songs two or three tiers lower than where Run to the Hills is comparitively, because Run to the Hills is put up wayyy too high on the tier list.

The entire song is nothing but just going nuts on the red drum, and that's it; it's not even a long song (There are many more songs in the game that are far longer and test your stamina much more); I'm just mystified as to why everyone is heralding this song as such a stamina drainer, just like how everyone says Tom Sawyer is just insanely hard in general;

Next to You, Dead on Arrival, Brainpower, and a ton of other songs in this game are far harder for stamina and technique than RthH will ever be.

I disagree. RttH is the only song in the game that tires me out significantly after playing. Some songs are a little tiring, but not even CLOSE to RttH. While the rythm is fairly static, it is also very fast, and gives you very breathing room. It's not the hardest song in the game, but there aren't a "ton" of harder songs, thats for sure. Just because you don't have trouble with it, that dosn't let you disregard everyone else who is having a LOT of trouble with it. It's obviously not easier than songs 2-3 teirs earlier for people with no expirence, or people would not be having trouble with it!

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep this civil, everyone knows the deepbluevibes rapes the drums, lol. But regarding to actual technique for the Main Verse/ Fast rhythm part-- are you just single sticking very low to the pad or doing rolls of any kind? I'd love to hear some input from someguyps or some other crazy ass who has an amazing score on this song
zombie1942  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the proper way to play this song is to not roll the hihat with doubles... all singles is the way this type of pattern is played...

However, the key to maintaining stamina is accenting the 1 and 5 beats... meaning the very first hi-hat and the snare of each of the 8 beats (the same beats as the bass drum)... this allows for a sort of resting period for the other beats because youre playing them a bit softer... its hard to explain... but if youre trying to play every beat at the same level of pressure or intensity you're going to make your heart, head and ass explode all at the same time...

when you are accenting the 1 and 5 beats to be a bit harder than the others youre able to roll the rest of the singles much smoother cuz youre playing them on either a down or upstroke of the accents... its a flow thing... and its all wrists with exception to the accents... its the forearms slightly moving up and down on the accents that power the wrist's whipping motion and keep everything in check...

getting good at RB drums will just take time for anyone who hasnt played drums simply because you are developing so same sets of skills as a beginner...

VERY IMPORTANT

another thing that I would guess is having a HUGE impact on people's playing and ability to maintain stamina is your grip on the stick... I would guess that 99% of anyone that has never played the drums is holding the sticks wrong... which really goes against your potential to get really good... especailly with RttH since the ability to play this song rests completely on your rebound and control of the stick...

holding drumsticks correctly actually feels weird at first and unnatural which is why everyone starts off holding them wrong... holding them correctly is hugely important.

watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vfKj8FGvYAM

I would also agree that playing it on hard would seem harder than expert because of the break in energy ever other beat with the left hand..

This is a very simple and striaght forward song.. its just requires some stick control... I would have to agree that Brainpower is the biggest kick in the balls for me...
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
I'm saying, even for someone with zero experience at drums, zero experience at video games or rhythm games, you should be having FAR more trouble with songs two or three tiers lower than where Run to the Hills is comparitively, because Run to the Hills is put up wayyy too high on the tier list.

Problem is, you CAN'T say that as someone who is inexperienced, because you're not. As a damn good RB Expert drummer with no drumming experience (I'm not hooked up to live, but I probably will be soon), I can pretty safely say that it's by far the hardest song to pass (and achieve higher than 3 stars on) for the inexperienced.

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongSockSilver wrote:
deepbluevibes wrote:

Problem is, you CAN'T say that as someone who is inexperienced, because you're not. As a damn good RB Expert drummer with no drumming experience (I'm not hooked up to live, but I probably will be soon), I can pretty safely say that it's by far the hardest song to pass (and achieve higher than 3 stars on) for the inexperienced.

-LSS

Exactly. I've beaten DoA on hard AND expert, and cannot beat RttH even on hard, and i fall into the inexperienced drummers. My friend, who is a music performance major for percussion, can beat DoA but can't also beat RttH. It must just be personal strengths, and a shitty drum set

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
zombie1942  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put money on a big factor in alot of people not being able to pass RttH on expert is their non responsive red and green pads...

I have always been able to pass it but my set would always miss many notes that i was hitting... even with my new set... my new set was only registering every other hit on the red pad... this will make you fail for sure...

then i used the tape method on my red and green pads and hit #3 on the leaderboards the next time i tried...

So make damn sure that alot of your successful efforts are not being blocked because of a crappy drumset.
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally learned the rhythm! I can combo through most of it now lol. I do see how stamina comes into play now towards the end of the song, unless you have very good stick control/technique. I think I got to 97% Last night! (In quickplay-- still need to beat dont fear the reaper)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: