FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Run to the Hills EXPERT Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: The Run to the Hills EXPERT Thread Reply with quote

Use this thread to curse, proclaim victory, or discuss various techniques used in the Expert chart of the song.

So what is with the fast part of the song? I just cant seem to get the rhythm down Is there anyone that can demonstrate or please explain the best technique whether it be rolls or single-sticking?

I'm almost done w/ the Expert tour and through the few times playing this in Band Play-- I know it will be the toughest challenge for most.

Anyone care to shed some light on this BEAST of a drum chart?

ghozt360  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Run to the Hills EXPERT Thread Reply with quote

rhythmjunkie wrote:
Use this thread to curse, proclaim victory, or discuss various techniques used in the Expert chart of the song.

So what is with the fast part of the song? I just cant seem to get the rhythm down Is there anyone that can demonstrate or please explain the best technique whether it be rolls or single-sticking?

I'm almost done w/ the Expert tour and through the few times playing this in Band Play-- I know it will be the toughest challenge for most.

Anyone care to shed some light on this BEAST of a drum chart?

i still cant fuckin do it on hard and i got 31 songs down on expert...i just dont understand it, i cant hear the track enough to hit the notes right and they are so damn close together its hard for me to get the timing down, i would absolutley LOVE for someone to post a video of them playing this song on HARD, PLS, i need to see how it should be done because ive givin up on it cuz its pissed me off bad enough to start throwing shit at the wall....and thats where i stop playing something that should be fun (ie counterstrike and gears of war, and lost planet for that matter) lol

edit: i sincerely apologize for changing the nature of this thread, i failed to notice the "expert" in CAPS lol...although id still like to see a video of it, ive never even tried the chart on expert yet...
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat Run To The Hills, but am stuck on Won't Get Fooled Again :p

I suggest paying a lot of attention to the bass hits and using those to keep time with your hands.

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m4tth4x wrote:
I beat Run To The Hills, but am stuck on Won't Get Fooled Again :p

I suggest paying a lot of attention to the bass hits and using those to keep time with your hands.

For the fast section did you notice yourself doing drum rolls (double-hits on each stick by letting it bounce) or just single sticking rlrlrlr really fast? Sorry if I don't have the correct terms down.
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't roll that section, just individual hits. Takes some stamina :p

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

ghozt360  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m4tth4x wrote:

i need a video soooo bad guys, any links?

i love the song i fuckin hate the drum section in this game tho, i cant get it down for the life of me...

its so confusing that i cant hear the track o well and then they switch the hi hat to the snare for that song...thats not what kils me tho, i really dunno what does, i just cant see the notes and dont know what speed to play it at...

edit i ve siad this in another thread but i started on medium, breezed through it, breezed through hard, stuck on run to the hills and gave up when i got so mad i threw my sticks...now i dont suck, im not great, but im not bad, i now have 31 songs down on expert, takes me usually 2-3 times to get through it in practice then i usually 5 star or at least high 4 star most of em....but i still cant get the hard career complete cuz of that stupid iron maiden song, i need help, i know i can do it i realy just cant read the notes or something...

/
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
m4tth4x wrote:

i need a video soooo bad guys, any links?

i love the song i fuckin hate the drum section in this game tho, i cant get it down for the life of me...

its so confusing that i cant hear the track o well and then they switch the hi hat to the snare for that song...thats not what kils me tho, i really dunno what does, i just cant see the notes and dont know what speed to play it at...

edit i ve siad this in another thread but i started on medium, breezed through it, breezed through hard, stuck on run to the hills and gave up when i got so mad i threw my sticks...now i dont suck, im not great, but im not bad, i now have 31 songs down on expert, takes me usually 2-3 times to get through it in practice then i usually 5 star or at least high 4 star most of em....but i still cant get the hard career complete cuz of that stupid iron maiden song, i need help, i know i can do it i realy just cant read the notes or something...

/

I tried to plat RTTH on hard, and it was honestly harder for me than on expert :p

On expert it's similar except the gaps in the 3 red hits are filled in, so it's a constant (but VERY fast) beat.

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

MorningThief581  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m4tth4x wrote:

Holy crap dude. I decided to work on my roll technique because I don't foresee being able to single hit all those notes. Does the part really seem better suited to single-sticking? I'm not a drummer, so I feel like I'm just flailing wildly on some of these charts. But I'm down to RttH, Next to You, and Won't Get Fooled on expert as my only remaining conquests... they seem quite daunting.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you guys use double-strokes on this? That would mean missing a note every time you hit the yellow pad (because it would hit twice) or mastering some very quick paradiddles.

I don't really see any other way (except for maybe the fills that run down the kit) to do this except alternating strokes.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
MorningThief581  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
How can you guys use double-strokes on this? That would mean missing a note every time you hit the yellow pad (because it would hit twice) or mastering some very quick paradiddles.

If I miss that yellow note every time, that's still enough to pass, no?
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you hit all the other ones!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
MorningThief581  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
As long as you hit all the other ones!

I'll settle for most. I think all's out of the question. I see you're trying to hit 9 mil on drums... Good luck. I just broke 9 mil on guitar last night. It feels good to finally get there. I'm 700th in drums right now... I can probably get into the top 500 if I go improve my scores on hard, but I don't see myself being a great expert drummer anytime in the near future. Props to you.
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:

I don't really see any other way (except for maybe the fills that run down the kit) to do this except alternating strokes.

He said what I was just about to.

Drum Goals-

Guitar Goals -

FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Cyclone  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make a video, but with my current setup, you wouldn't be able to hear the TV much at all. What gets me in this song is the constant changing of tempo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclone wrote:
I can make a video, but with my current setup, you wouldn't be able to hear the TV much at all. What gets me in this song is the constant changing of tempo.

do it pls...i just need to see ur hands really...im thinking about being lame and trying to do this song with the buttons on the drums as opposed tgo the pads lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: