FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Joker and the Thief expert guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prodigal  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Joker and the Thief expert guitar Reply with quote

WTF is with this intro? I feel like I'm playing it perfectly but it's not registering it for some reason. They're straight triplets on the beat right? Pretty depressing that I can beat Blackened on my first try then get stuck with this crap...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing for me, i beat blackened first try and failed joker and the thief a couple times off the bat. however i was using what turned out to be a broken strat that i wasnt sure was broken or not. but i still kinda suck at this song, i started strumming each green and that helped me get a little better.
Prodigal  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just beat it earlier by playing all the notes except the orange one. For some reason that helped a great deal...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all HO/POs, if you don't know that already. I didn't really have a problem with it, I even FCed the intro once, although I'll probably never do that again. Practice, practice, practice, I suppose. That timing window can be kind of a bitch with this intro if you're used to sweeping through solos with GH3's timing window.
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed I was getting way off track by hopo'ing too fast... can't do that on this engine. Needed more precision.
Powder  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prodigal,

Yes, they're all triplets. I had to practice it for about 10 minutes before I finally got it. Congrats on the Blackened pass, still haven't done that myself. Good luck with Joker And The Thief!
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I had to FC the intro to get gold stars on this, and I missed one on the next set. GS'd near the end too, and 100% solo.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Toasterfurry  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the issue with this song. 99% on a sightread, FC'd to the second chorus or so.

Then again, I've heard the song hundreds of time beforehand, maybe that's it? =x

5 *'d GGAHT 1st try! Woo.
n4sc4r  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to beat this song on sightread, but I can see how it could be challenging. All I can think to do is practice. See if you can hit all but one or two of the notes consistently at the start so you can hit enough to make it through. I am a bit of a n00b, so sorry if I can't help much. By the way, am I the only one whom can not beat Ride the Lightning? I owned Blackened easily, but fail Ride the Lightning late in the solo every time, so inconsistent.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toasterfurry wrote:
I don't see the issue with this song. 99% on a sightread, FC'd to the second chorus or so.

It's a "One Trick Pony," much like Can't Let Go.

If you can handle the one thing it throws at you again ... and again ... and AGAIN, it's an easy song. If however, you can't get your fingers to adapt to the Endless HO/PO of DOOOOOOM, you're in for what feels like a mellow version of Through The Fire And Flames.

It seems if you get five of the six notes in every transition, you'll have enough meter to survive. So the "ignore the Orange, get a clear" strategy can work if you don't care about your score for now but just want the friggin' thing to stop saying "NEW" by it.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started off using 123134 fingering, but I found I did a lot better when using 123234. Once I switched I started combo'ing up a lot. Thats' what worked for me, might not work as well for everyone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: