FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Battle and Brew in Atlanta GA! Weekly Rock Band Nights!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Battle and Brew in Atlanta GA! Weekly Rock Band Nights! Reply with quote

Hey, theres this place in Marietta that does weekly Rock Band nights and has a ton of other games you can play on all consoles!

Kinda wondering here if anyone here in the Atlanta Area has been here, or wants to show interest of having a meet up here.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
qirex  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would likely go, given a few weeks' notice so I can make sure my schedule is clear.

I've never been, but a friend of mine went several months ago. He said that (on that particular free night, at least) there was a group of people who knew the manager or whatever, and they pretty much hogged it all night. And one of the guitars only up-strummed. This was in late spring, I think, and it may not be an "every week" thing.

With that said, if we wanted to crash the joint, it may be better to actually reserve/rent out the time, vs showing up on Free Rock Band night (according to their website, it's only $9/hour - not sure if that's "per person" though.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, is this 21 and up?

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
Um, is this 21 and up?

No. The website says that people under 16 need a parent with them; People under 18 need a parent with them after 10pm.

qirex wrote:
With that said, if we wanted to crash the joint, it may be better to actually reserve/rent out the time, vs showing up on Free Rock Band night (according to their website, it's only $9/hour - not sure if that's "per person" though.)

I second that notion. I believe that the $9/hour rate is per screen, not per person (as indicated on their rates page). If that's true, (that's an absurdly low price), it would be relatively cheap for us as a whole to pool our money and split the cost.

Also, count me in as interested. This sounds like a very interesting venue.
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverTangent wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
Um, is this 21 and up?

No. The website says that people under 16 need a parent with them; People under 18 need a parent with them after 10pm.

If my parent will go (or drop me off, I guess you guys are 21 ) then I think I could

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, some people in the PMS and H2O clan were thinking about coming down here and meeting some of us so maybe we could sync things up with that?

EDIT: Also, I'm down with renting the stuff out for a night, day, etc. I could pitch in for other stuff.

And I think they also let you bring in other instruments to play with.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdawg95 wrote:
And I think they also let you bring in other instruments to play with.

Good. My RB1 strat's strumbar popped, and I'm used to that

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Auburn, Alabama is not too far for you, they're having a Rock Band contest at the anime/gaming convention there this weekend. It's based around full band (or at least 3-person bands), and you have to have a singer; one of those that's based on both score and performance.

Info is here: http://www.ausam-con.com/events

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: