FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone that is having trouble with Green Grass and High Tide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cacophony  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Anyone that is having trouble with Green Grass and High Tide Reply with quote

Just get a full SP bar but never hit the green note to activate it. This seriously makes things 10x easier. I just beat it my first try on Hard doing this and I think I could easily beat it on expert doing the same thing.

If you have a full bar at the guitar solo parts it will bring up the fill section about once every four measures. Not only does this let you activate it if you're failing but it also let's you get back in rhythm quickly if you got out of rhythm.

Just thought I'd share this because your leg will appreciate it!
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think this was a rather easy song to 5 star on expert, its actually really damn easy if you've played the drums before

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
lumberofthebeast  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:
i honestly think this was a rather easy song to 5 star on expert, its actually really damn easy if you've played the drums before
Right, because everyone that plays Rock Band has played real drums.

Anyway, I noted that, ON MEDIUM, you can hit just the reds and oranges without your band meter going down, as long as you can hit all of them. You can safely ignore the yellows. Note that this doesn't apply to the occasional switchups thrown at you, though it shouldn't affect your band meter too badly.
SamuraiVern  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:

Exactly. this is the first song where I thought that if you didn't play drums, I didn't think you could beat it. Not only does it require extreme endurance that means the use of very specific muscles, but the concept of certain parts wouldn't make sense if I weren't able to fully comprehend what the drummer was thinking during the section. The first guitar solo section is very indicative of this mind set.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the endurance kicked my ass on medium first time i did it. still got 5 *s
then played on hard no problem and it was an easy 5*
im wondering how it looks on expert
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
im wondering how it looks on expert

Pretty similar. Repetitive is repetitive no matter what difficulty you're on.

I used to have lots of trouble with this but I eventually got the endurance up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my main issue was my foot hurting but thats when i was on medium and still had the bass pedal on the stand like its designed for. that dont work for me.
So for hightides on Hard I had my friend put his foot against the pedal to stop it from moving. hahah he complained how his whole body was vibrated from me hitting em constantly. i said at least its even and smooth
since then I moved it over and managed to wedge it under the couch so it dont move
slickpitt  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the hardest time with this song. Everything is great up until the second half of the song. On Medium I finally got through it. Barely passed, barely 4*'d... and had a 594 note streak.
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GGHT was kind of weird for me. When I played it on Medium I couldn't manage to get the kick timing down AT ALL, and I ended up saving OD and just playing the reds and yellows, ignoring the bass pedal. Then when I got up to Hard...it was no problem. Except for the part where my leg fell off halfway through the second solo, of course.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
DocMartin  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone that is having trouble with Green Grass and High Reply with quote

cacophony wrote:
If you have a full bar at the guitar solo parts it will bring up the fill section about once every four measures. Not only does this let you activate it if you're failing but it also let's you get back in rhythm quickly if you got out of rhythm.

Just thought I'd share this because your leg will appreciate it!

Thanks. Didn't realize the song was so freakin long (and awful), thought I was done and failed at 80%. No problem, did it again, figured for sure I was done and failed at 90%.

Hopefully this works, I can see the fills messing up my rhythm once I finally find it.

Edit: Ya that was way easier. 198K, easy 4star, 90% and a 250 strk never in jeopardy of failing.

Last edited by DocMartin on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be glad its not expert guitar.
All that is a looong and rough solo.
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this song was too bad. A little tiring on the foot. The bass is a bit quick at the end factoring in endurance vs the giant spring on the bass pedal. But it's a consistent 5* nonetheless. I love playing it online. You know everyone is drained by the end, and everyone loves a drummer who can keep up.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
Kataris  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the big fuss about this song?

I 5*d it my first try, just now. 310,078.

And no, I've never played the real drums before.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
nekobouya  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't think that this song was very hard. But very repetitive, and that caused me to lose my beat I think a couple times during the song. It also help that I have strong legs already so I really didn't feel that much exhaustion throughout the song. But my arms are another thing... (maybe it was playing Electric Version and Go With the Flow...) Oh ya 5* the first time through. Although I'm only on hard... Any different on expert, I gotta go check...

EDIT: Nooo!! My bass pedal just broke... Now I can't play drums right now... *wahh*

EDIT2: I taped my pedal together(somehow) and tried GG&HT on expert, and I take back what I said about it. Man that song is tiring on expert with the constant double beats through the song... Man I'm tired, I'm goin' back to something slow for a little while while I rest up for another song... *whew*

http://higgins-spur.myminicity.com/ [Come on click on it and donate a citizen]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kuroneko Karbo PSN Name: nekobouya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: