FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/16 DLC - Five Country tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
SketchyGalore wrote:
this week is amazing because it's good country, not country like, "aww, dun shot ma dawg today, ma boots hurt, i made luv to ma truck, etc"

I'm fairly sure Hillbilly Deluxe comes pretty close to lyrics like that. "rollin' intuh tah-own lie-ek uh naz-cuhr winnar"
etc.

on-topic-er:
I'm not a gigantic country fan. I mean, I don't dislike it as much as others do (more into southern rock than country), but (and I'll repeat what everyone else has said), daaay-um those guitar charts!

I'm downloading this as soon as I can tomorrow. all the songs. I never thought that'd happen.

BTW, has anybody played these on bass? I mean, I never really imagined country as being great on bass, but I could easily be surprised.

Someone certainly has, bass chart videos come up as related when watching Npeaen's videos. (I'd assume it's Sickhands, but i don't know for sure.)

Also; "aww, dun shot ma truck today, ma dawgs hurt, i made luv to ma boots, an' mah 'puter dun don werk." >_>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Wow this pack is actually not that bad!
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah what the fuck is going on in that Dixie Chix song. I didn't know any of them were actually talented musicians.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
SketchyGalore wrote:
this week is amazing because it's good country, not country like, "aww, dun shot ma dawg today, ma boots hurt, i made luv to ma truck, etc"

I'm fairly sure Hillbilly Deluxe comes pretty close to lyrics like that. "rollin' intuh tah-own lie-ek uh naz-cuhr winnar"
etc.

on-topic-er:
I'm not a gigantic country fan. I mean, I don't dislike it as much as others do (more into southern rock than country), but (and I'll repeat what everyone else has said), daaay-um those guitar charts!

I'm downloading this as soon as I can tomorrow. all the songs. I never thought that'd happen.

BTW, has anybody played these on bass? I mean, I never really imagined country as being great on bass, but I could easily be surprised.

Someone certainly has, bass chart videos come up as related when watching Npeaen's videos. (I'd assume it's Sickhands, but i don't know for sure.)

Also; "aww, dun shot ma truck today, ma dawgs hurt, i made luv to ma boots, an' mah 'puter dun don werk." >_>

lol.

I looked up sickhands. these bass charts... well, none of them seem more than mediocre. Sin Wagon is the hardest lookings, just because it gets a little odd once the solos pop up, and has some weird strum/hopo runs.

the rest look pretty much piss-easy. but I'm not disappointed by them, because, you know, the less you expect out of something the less likely you are to be disappointed. I expected the bass parts to be terrible, but when they were only kind of bad, I was pleasantly surprised.
PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
Ah what the fuck is going on in that Dixie Chix song. I didn't know any of them were actually talented musicians.

Wait, so even though they are a REALLY REALLY popular country band, and have been for a LONG time, you thought they weren't talented.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I mean if they are that popular, you would probably think their songs had some talent in them right?

on topic: Banjo solo ftmfw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PleadtheFifth wrote:
Trogdon wrote:

Wait, so even though they are a REALLY REALLY popular country band, and have been for a LONG time, you thought they weren't talented.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I mean if they are that popular, you would probably think their songs had some talent in them right?

on topic: Banjo solo ftmfw

One word rebuttal: Nickelback.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_(Dixie_Chicks_album)

Wikipedia gives "banjo" credit on that album (including the song Sin Wagon) to Emily Robinson, one of the Dixie Chicks. I just looked that up to see if it was actually one of them or if it was a studio banjoist (which I'm sure is a very rewarding line of work)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bclare PSN Name: bclare1729
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyhala wrote:
Fedora wrote:
It's obvious a lot of thought went into hand-picking these tracks because they worked within the context of the game.

My question would be - Are these "Singles" "Secondary Hits" or "Album Cuts?" I'm wondering if my country-listening relatives will know these well enough to sing them at Xmas.

Edit: Holy Crap, Sin Wagon Guitar chart.

According to my brother, whose skin is white, and neck is red, he "loves that song" for all except Sin Wagon, which he did not recognize. He said they're all big hits as far as he knew.

Alright, and Sin Wagon is the one I knew because it's a local favorite for drunk country girls in Karaoke Bars around here.

As far as the bass goes, I've only played 3 of the songs, but they tend to be in the range of 3-star charts - nothing amazing, but enough variety to be entertaining. (Bassists have to have slightly lower standards for obvious reasons, you understand.)

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
mcfarnsberry  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I just have a dirty mind but...does anyone else think Mud on the Tires is just a veiled reference to butt sex?
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcfarnsberry wrote:
Maybe I just have a dirty mind but...does anyone else think Mud on the Tires is just a veiled reference to butt sex?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60RsZYWQagw

Yes.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
As far as the bass goes, I've only played 3 of the songs, but they tend to be in the range of 3-star charts - nothing amazing, but enough variety to be entertaining. (Bassists have to have slightly lower standards for obvious reasons, you understand.)

At least none of them are Silver or Doll, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Fedora wrote:

There is nothing wrong about any Foo Fighters track ever, FYI.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Fedora wrote:

I was commenting on the inexplicably high bass tierings for both songs, given their actual difficulty, and not the songs themselves, as I own and like both songs, FYI.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Fedora wrote:

I was commenting on the inexplicably high bass tierings for both songs, given their actual difficulty, and not the songs themselves, as I own and like both songs, FYI.

Right. Perfect. Gotcha.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
FourSpades  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
One word rebuttal: Nickelback.

You're forgetting the Plain White T's. I hate their singer.

Fallout Boy actually has a great drummer, but the guitarist and bassist suck. So does the singer.

And how the hell are the Beastie Boys so popular?

Bclare, you realize that link takes to a page where flies are "mating", right?
My YouTube! Latest Videos: Crazy Train, Metropolis Part 1I, and Midnight
Injoy wrote:
I'll have a FAGS by the end of tonight I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: