FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CowShark- Sabotage/Timmy Golds - 1st to 11 million (Vocals)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowShark  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: CowShark- Sabotage/Timmy Golds - 1st to 11 million (Vocals) Reply with quote

Update:
-99%s and Gold Stars on Sabotage and Timmy (missed the FC for Timmy on the last phrase, I guess I got overexcited about things going so swimmingly).

I also made it to 11,000,000 points first (I haven't updated my SH scores yet, though).

Accomplishments -
First to 11 mill in vocals
FC'd/Gold Starred Highway Star, Run to the Hills on Vocals
Soloed Endless Setlist on Bass/Vox X/X (232/290 Stars - Average of 4 Stars on Everything)
Finished Joker and the Thief on Hard/Hard (Guitar/Vox) - 1st time playing the Guitar on that one.
Finished GGaHT, Flirtin' With Disaster, Highway Star, Run to the Hills, Sabotage on Expert/Expert (Bass/Vox)
5 Starred Won't Get Fooled Again on Expert/Expert (Bass/Vox)

---
FC'd and Gold Starred Epic (First place on the leaderboards ATM).

---
FC'd and Gold Starred Run to the Hills on Expert! (Wasted 1/4 bar of OD)
FC'd and Gold Starred I Get By (was so excited about getting past the 2nd verse with combo intact that I mis-activated my OD, and then borked a tamborine hit at the end).

---
FC'd and Gold Starred Highway Star on Expert!
I also finally 5*ed Timmy and Sabotage

This was spurred on by getting everything but one talky part and the phrase after it (because I was swearing at the talky part) in Gurn's supergroup, the Unethical Horse Rapists, followed by my discovery from Skeltonath that turning down your mic sensitivity helps with talky parts.

---
Soloed the Endless Setlist on Expert! (Bass/Vocals) - Hooray!

---
I've now clawed my way past Expert Guitar.

Also beat Hard Drums- which was AWESOME... and sweaty. I played percussion in High School, but never got to played a set before, so this has been a riot and a learning experience for my right foot.

Since I can barely hack GGaHT on the Geetar, I figure I'd try soloing BWT on Bass and Vocals (like Sting and shit). I've done the BASS LEGEND set in Sydney (on Expert/Expert), and it seems like that'll be the worst stuff I'll have to face. If anyone knows of any surprise stuff that's really painful for a Bassist/Singer, please help me out and say something, so I can make sure that I can do it, since I'll otherwise probably try to solo the endless setlist next weekend.

The good thing about having played the main setlist singing so much is that I now pretty much know all the songs, so I don't really have to pay attention to the vocals bars to pass songs.

---
I'm not a fanatical completionist, so I'll probably quit singing at my TV for hours, trying to ratchet my score up 4000 points at a time (the only real big gaps I feel like I've got left are Sabotage and Timmy); since I've got a milestone like that under my belt, I'll feel more comfortable letting people blow by me on the leaderboard in the future (well, hopefully they'll have to claw their way by, 'cause I think my point total is up to "respectable" now).

At the moment, I've got all the songs that count for career mode 5 starred except for Timmy and Sabotage. I've got gold stars on 32 songs (most proud of Ballroom Blitz, Enter Sandman, Tom Sawyer, and Won't Get Fooled Again).

I've also got gold stars (and the top score for now) on Blackened. Metallica, har har.

As for technique, I was singing (and mumbling, when I didn't know the words) my way along, till I hit about 8.5 mill, and then I started mumbling chronically. I never full on hum or make nonsense words during songs, I just start dropping non-voiced consonants to make way for voiced consonants and vowels (so my "for POINTS" singing often sounds vaguely like it's supposed to, but more short-bus-tacular). Also, I noticed on these boards that people kept saying they went falsetto to get more control over their notes. I either left songs alone, or dropped them down (exceptions on things where it's much easier to hear and sing falsetto - like the "Rape/Murder" parts of Gimme Shelter). I don't have the equipment to make a video of myself, but my Won't Get Fooled Again, was like what you'd get if Johnny Cash was singing it (pitchwise, I mean - I am no Johnny Cash).

Last edited by CowShark on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:45 am; edited 18 times in total
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny - rape/murder is one of the few parts I do take down an octave. That and half of Run to the Hills.

Anyway, congrats on the 10mil.
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. That's amazing

Here you are breaking 10 mil, and I'm happy that I finally beat I Get By on expert
How many vocal FC's do you have? Or rather, how many do you remember?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's damn impressive. Nice work
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 mil...damn..nicely done. I've got a way to go. I have numerous songs where there is one or two phrases that screw me up.

...then there is Timmy's song ... bleah. I can't see myself spending a lot of time trying to get a great score on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow CowShark, awesome work! I may be able to catch up to you, but then I may not, your scores for some of the songs are very impressive. It seems you're having the same problem with 'talky' songs as I am, hopefully someone who has figured out what exactly the game wants out of you as far as that will speak up^^.

Congrats man!

-Omitted
CowShark  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now taking on the BWT with my band, Hatenkou Robot Dojibiron, and it is AWESOME.
manoftark  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get the third phrase in "I'm So Sick"? I wanted to be the first person to FC the Vox, but I checked on the leaderboards and you had an exponentially higher score than me.

I swear, I've done everything trying to get an awesome in that phrase, I've yelled and hummed and screamed and even pissed off a few neighbors in the process, but I CAN'T EVER get it.

Eruption FC - GH:VH
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, man, I can't even touch expert vocals, mainly because I don't know the songs that well, at least not vocally. It was also mainly this thread that inspired me to shoot for 10 mil on the drums. I read this thread and thought, "Awesome! I wonder if I could do that on drums..."
So, thank you, and great job!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
CowShark  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manoftark - Man... I played that song a lot, and tried everything I could think of (without yelling or screaming - I just played around with the standard English pronunciation of the word 'Break,' remembering that that long A sound is a diphthong actually comprised of two phonemes, so I'd hold the first 'eh' part or jam through it and go with the 'ee' part at various tempos). It worked once, and I went on and FC'd the song, but I can't seem to 'Awesome' that phrase again (a shame too, 'cause I wasted overdrive on a long phrase and didn't end up with gold stars).

someguy913 - I saw your accomplishment thread and saw that. That's totally rad. Hooray for having 10 million points!
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CowShark- 10,000,000 points (Vocals) - Solo BWT!! Reply with quote

CowShark wrote:
Accomplishments -
First to 10 mill in vocals
Finished Joker and the Thief on Hard/Hard (Guitar/Vox) - 1st time playing the Guitar on that one.
Finished GGaHT, Flirtin' With Disaster, Highway Star, Run to the Hills, Sabotage on Expert/Expert (Bass/Vox)
5 Starred Enter Sandman on Expert/Expert (Bass/Vox)

Update:
I've now clawed my way past Expert Guitar.

Also beat Hard Drums- which was AWESOME... and sweaty. I played percussion in High School, but never got to played a set before, so this has been a riot and a learning experience for my right foot.

Since I can barely hack GGaHT on the Geetar, I figure I'd try soloing BWT on Bass and Vocals (like Sting and shit). I've done the BASS LEGEND set in Sydney (on Expert/Expert), and it seems like that'll be the worst stuff I'll have to face. If anyone knows of any surprise stuff that's really painful for a Bassist/Singer, please help me out and say something, so I can make sure that I can do it, since I'll otherwise probably try to solo the endless setlist next weekend.

The good thing about having played the main setlist singing so much is that I now pretty much know all the songs, so I don't really have to pay attention to the vocals bars to pass songs.

---
I'm not a fanatical completionist, so I'll probably quit singing at my TV for hours, trying to ratchet my score up 4000 points at a time (the only real big gaps I feel like I've got left are Sabotage and Timmy); since I've got a milestone like that under my belt, I'll feel more comfortable letting people blow by me on the leaderboard in the future (well, hopefully they'll have to claw their way by, 'cause I think my point total is up to "respectable" now).

At the moment, I've got all the songs that count for career mode 5 starred except for Timmy and Sabotage. I've got gold stars on 32 songs (most proud of Ballroom Blitz, Enter Sandman, Tom Sawyer, and Won't Get Fooled Again).

I've also got gold stars (and the top score for now) on Blackened. Metallica, har har.

As for technique, I was singing (and mumbling, when I didn't know the words) my way along, till I hit about 8.5 mill, and then I started mumbling chronically. I never full on hum or make nonsense words during songs, I just start dropping non-voiced consonants to make way for voiced consonants and vowels (so my "for POINTS" singing often sounds vaguely like it's supposed to, but more short-bus-tacular). Also, I noticed on these boards that people kept saying they went falsetto to get more control over their notes. I either left songs alone, or dropped them down (exceptions on things where it's much easier to hear and sing falsetto - like the "Rape/Murder" parts of Gimme Shelter). I don't have the equipment to make a video of myself, but my Won't Get Fooled Again, was like what you'd get if Johnny Cash was singing it (pitchwise, I mean - I am no Johnny Cash).

wow really? sick dude, nice job, id like to see a video, i believe u, i just think its awesome playing guitar and singing...i been trying the drums on hard n singing on easy but i cant hit a note for my life...i dunno why im sooo bad but i can barely get passed the first 2 tiers on easy singing....also, karoke revolution's mic works for rockband, im sure yall know this, but i was pretty happy when i left my mic at my sisters house and almost cried when i had four friends over, then plugged the KR mic in and almost had an orgasm when it worked...good times....this game is 100% more fun when playing in a group setting, it really is...its actually quite amazing how into a song u can get if everyone your playing with is in the room and can play on hard or expert...very well done game, now if they could just send out some goddamn guitars and drums that work outta the box id throw a party...
CowShark  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I soloed the Endless Setlist on Bass/Vox, and got an average of exactly 4 stars per song (which means I 3*ed as many songs as I 5*ed...).

Woo!
Elilasol  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I'm trying to catch up to your score, just passed 7 mil, but apparently these songs are not as easy for me as they are for you
CowShark  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody I don't know sent me an XBL message to call me a fag for my RB singing points.

I've seen this behavior after score duels or whatever ("you're cheating"/"you're a fag"; same as any other online game {even Uno}), but it's a first for me for someone to just message me outta the blue to be insulting.

Is that an accomplishment?
CowShark  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for FC'ing Highway Star on Expert Vocals - Grr!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: