FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB1&2 Stratocasters Dissected (many big pics)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simianspaceman  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: 360 strat PCB Reply with quote

Quick question: A buddy of mine yanked the cord from my 1st gen. wired 360 Strat. I am looking to repair it. Does anyone have any kind of schematic or wiring diagram so that I may rewire the cable to the contacts to the PCB?
azelauskas  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job!

I really like how you crack yours up and you know what your talking about

some people sit there and think they know but they dont
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: AZelauskas
moog  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackHeaven wrote:
Close ups of the strumbar

This is the guitar that i have, and it can no longer downstrum. Can anyone help to to understand why, or what i can do to fix it? Or point me in the right direction for info?

Really can't figure it out at all. The strumbar itself (as in the white plastic part) still moves the same as ever, and after dissecting it, i can't see any problems at all. The magnets in the strummer both work fine when held to the circuitboard for the upstrumming, but the downstrumming is totally fubar. Any tips?
desizn104  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of time as any guitar I like a guitar.
danman2626  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there.great post.i was wondering if there is anyway i can get my RB strat(i think its a 4th gen but not sure yet)to work on GH3 pc.it works on GH4 pc but not gh3.iv tried xpader but it doesnt work.thx in advance........ohya it must br a 4th gen cuz it has the magnet strum....just an afterthough
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked this on page 1 and it never got answered: How does one go about removing the effects selector tip? I'd like to make my pickguard look better but I can't take it off because of that tip; is it a brute-force solution or something more surgical?
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Down/up strum fix for people that got v 3(magnet style strumbar)

in this pic from briguy

v 3

There are some foam or something protecting the magnets. After i used my rb1 strat for around 6 months it just died couple days ago basically it wouldn't register down strums. After some time i just removed the foam with a scissor(using sharp side of the scissor to like rub the foam off so there only where the metal left... works even better than before now.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Hofner bass? Reply with quote

Happy new year guys! Well I have a little problem. I got a hofner bass and it only downstrums. My question is, do you happen to have any tutorial on how to fix the strum bar? I didn't finf a thread like it here, there's only info about the strat and the gretsch. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little worried about breaking my RB2 strats, since I can't find any replacements within a reasonable distance, but I have two guitars, and on both of them, there are issues with fret button responsiveness. This is particularly true for the solo buttons, which I never used, so I'm assuming it has to do with some kind of dirt/dust buildup that I can hopefully just clean up (edit: the guitar that came with my bundle, which I use far less than the standalone with the sunburst finish, is also less responsive, which is why I think that may be the problem).

Is there an idiot-proof way for me to pop these off and maybe do some long-overdue maintenance? I'm not averse to splitting the entire case if need be, but I don't want to end up trying to put things back together like some sort of goddamn IKEA puzzle.

Admittedly I haven't had the time to read through all the literature -- have an exam in three hours I'm reviewing for right now -- but it just popped into my head that the hardware forum might be able to point me in the right direction. I'll do the required reading when I get home tonight, but if there's something concise that someone can throw me, I'd appreciate it. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
C16  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread seems dead but I'll ask anyway.

I picked up a RB2 wireless strat from a pawn shop. They left the batteries in so they got corroded. After I cleaned it, I find out the UP strum doesn't work because the battery acid got on the related parts. I tried cleaning it but I wire popped off. I figure I can use the same wire and magnet from my other guitar which has a broken strum bar, but I can't figure out how to release the wires from the little white casing. Is this possible to swap out? It's the white part on the circuit board for the power button marked Strum UP.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone opened a RB4 strat yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: