FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB1&2 Stratocasters Dissected (many big pics)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what the green wire is on the power switch for the PS3 guitar? The switch makes/breaks contact with the red wire (as you'd expect) but it doesn't seem to do anything to the green one at all.
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has a question...I'm at work, so I really have no way of checking on my own at the moment. My question is this: how feasible would it be to disconnect the tilt sensor from the board in my first-gen Strat and pop it into my new standalone Strat? Are the connections so dissimilar that this would be impossible without some heavy modding, or could I just unplug them both and swap them without needing to splice or anything?

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
kcheeb  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Mods! Reply with quote

Hi,

My Rockband guitar was my favorite guitar, except for the mushy strum bar. It fit my hands, was easy to slide and know where your fingers are, has some cool effects and looked good.

Thanks to the mod posters here, the mushy strum bar is a thing of the past. I just wanted to thank you all for putting in the time to help make my Rockband experience that much better.

Cheers.

kcheeb
BatistaDave  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BatistaDave
StudStudworth  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sticking with my GH2 XPlorer for far too long, because I am very picky about where the sound ought to be coming from in my guitar controllers. A silent fret and a noise strum bar are infinitely more sensible than a silent strum bar and a noise fret. I've been staring at the pictures in this thread, and the design doesn't look like it lends itself to being silenced. The best thing i've come up with is a bit of tape (or something) on the underside of the front of the fret board, where the buttons are tapping against as the spring pushes the button out on the release, but that doesn't make it any quieter on the depress. Does anyone else have a solution?
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudStudworth wrote:
...The best thing i've come up with is a bit of tape (or something) on the underside of the front of the fret board, where the buttons are tapping against as the spring pushes the button out on the release, but that doesn't make it any quieter on the depress. Does anyone else have a solution?

Thats pretty much what TinPusher did. Here is his post about how he silenced his frets:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240

I haven't tried that one yet because I didn't like the idea that you had to tweak the sensitivity with the neck screws. I personally bypassed the whole issue by making this guitar hybrid:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8325

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weep when I think about putting that much work into this.
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the generations odd, because my buddy has a Strat from when the game first came out and it's a Gen 4. Unless they made all the generations at the same time and unleashed them or generation 4 is really generation 1 and perhaps was in pretty small quantity.
IronFrogMan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I just recently took mine apart too, and was extremely confused on why the heck the battery pack was there XD I thought I had accidentally ripped out a wire or something.
srrobinson2  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know where this piece goes? Reply with quote

Does anyone know (A) is this a part of my PS3 Rock Band Guitar? and (B) If, so, where does it go?

My whammy bar spring broke, and I took the guitar apart to fix it, and this little piece was lying on the carpet after I reassembled the guitar. I took it apart again, but it is not obvious where this goes (if it is part of my guitar).

Thx!!

Josco  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a large picture you've got there, srrobinson2.
But no, I've got no idea what that piece is.
Convertables10  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is the pice that goes where the head set adapter is on the 360 strats. i has zero purpose except to keep dust and dirt out.

Want to own the first ever double neck stratocaster? Visit my site to find out the details.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: v8s10org
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!
The FCC pictures of the internals of the Rock Band 2 guitars are up! It looks like there is a lot of new stuff in there for the new auto-calibration sensors and stuff.

Rock Band 2 Stratocaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know how the internals are setup on the new fender? Mainly are the screws set up like v1-3 or v4?
I would guess v4.
I tried to so an sg board/strummer into a v4 and had lots of trouble.
I was using longer case screws for the mounting of it and turns out the pegs in v4 are smaller and I was starting to strip them. plus all the screws are the same size(besides the ones for the neck) where on v1-3 theres varying sizes of screws along the case.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Any one know how the internals are setup on the new fender? Mainly are the screws set up like v1-3 or v4?

From the FCC picture page, it looks like a v3, but who knows if that is the final production model.
I don't own a new Strat (yet), but I'm gonna make a new post requesting pictures from someone who owns one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: