FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB1&2 Stratocasters Dissected (many big pics)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemmiwinks  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
baggyklown wrote:
i have a 3rd gen guitar, and the fret buttons are plugged in differently than your pic shows. the regular and solo buttons each have their own ribbon cable, and their own ground.

So conceivably then swapping the solo and regular buttons is simply switching the plugs, right?

Pretty much yeah...see this thread:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3821

Or if you want to get crazy and go all out, check this out:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4120

Nice. I don't have to flip the plugs do I? seems like that would put the ground on the wrong side.
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
BriGuy wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
baggyklown wrote:
i have a 3rd gen guitar, and the fret buttons are plugged in differently than your pic shows. the regular and solo buttons each have their own ribbon cable, and their own ground.

So conceivably then swapping the solo and regular buttons is simply switching the plugs, right?

Nice. I don't have to flip the plugs do I? seems like that would put the ground on the wrong side.

Thats exactly what happened. When I switched the plugs, the order of the colors was reversed, meaning: green button = orange note, red button = blue note. So i tried to flip the connection upside down and the ground wire wasn't going to the right contact so NO buttons worked. What I ended up doing was keeping the colors reversed and flipping the button board so the orange button was "under" the green button.
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ or you can just leave the board in place use Left Flip to get the colors aligned properly
x29brogan  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyndtmn22 wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
BriGuy wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
baggyklown wrote:

Thats exactly what happened. When I switched the plugs, the order of the colors was reversed, meaning: green button = orange note, red button = blue note. So i tried to flip the connection upside down and the ground wire wasn't going to the right contact so NO buttons worked. What I ended up doing was keeping the colors reversed and flipping the button board so the orange button was "under" the green button.

Here's how I solved that problem PS3 Solo button switch
Lemmiwinks  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x29brogan wrote:
flyndtmn22 wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
BriGuy wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
baggyklown wrote:

Oh, beauty. Very nicely done, I'll have to try that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x29brogan wrote:

Lemmiwinks wrote:

Eek!! That mod is not so beauty imho. It requires you to break off those fret button support nubs. I'm not sure how those buttons are going to feel without it, especially if you decide to to switch it back. Those ribbon wires will get squished and strained being put in backwards too.
I'd recommend cutting and splicing the wires instead. Like this mod, but of course modified to support the PS3's wire configuration.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3588

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:

Eek!! That mod is not so beauty imho. It requires you to break off those fret button support nubs. I'm not sure how those buttons are going to feel without it, especially if you decide to to switch it back. Those ribbon wires will get squished and strained being put in backwards too.
I'd recommend cutting and splicing the wires instead. Like this mod, but of course modified to support the PS3's wire configuration.

Thanks for the feedback.
Actually as the picture shows you're just breaking off one nub and it isn't a support nub. Just an elongated one for the top screw on the back of the neck.
You are correct about the ribbon wire, I do think about that, but I didn't want to screw up my guitar with a bad splice job.
And I didn't see the above thread, I looked through a couple of pages of topics but musta missed it.
Lemmiwinks  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
x29brogan wrote:

Lemmiwinks wrote:

Yeah, that'd be good but I'm not too talented when it comes to splicing and things of that nature. Screws are about as high tech as I can manage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

useful thread
Morik  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's the story on the 4th gen? Do they actually work without missing strums? I haven't been keeping track.

Women love HONESTY and INTEGRITY. If you can fake those, you're in! - Cosmo

Real guitars don't Click!!!
BlackHeaven  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick heads up, the wireless Strat is a modded 3rd gen. At least the one I have is and it's my take on it. It doesn't have the cage around the strummer and uses the original style tilt sensor. Quick way of checking is look at the battery cover. Do you see a small indention by the screw? If so that's a 4th gen, if not it's something else.

So when I first used it I was getting instant and automatic overdrive activation once the overdrive bar was half full. I fixed it by opening it up and adjusting the tilt sensors. I changed the angle the sensors rest at on their board.

With the front of the Strat towards my lap and the guts facing me, I angled the sensors up, towards me, both at the same angle. I play sitting down and layed back, thus why I needed to adjust the sensors. I found this pretty easy to do since the wires connecting the sensors to the board feel like a softer material than previously used. So bending them actually equaled bending them, not breaking them. That is what I did, follow suit at your own caution. I'm not responsible for your Strat YOU are.

I'll get some pics of the wireless Strat's guts later.
BlackHeaven  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's the pics.

Strat Wireless Pics
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackHeaven wrote:
And here's the pics.

Strat Wireless Pics

For what system is that guitar for? I'm gonna take a guess and say XBOX360 since it looks like the battery compartment has been modified to run on only 2 batteries and has some other power control bits.
The main motherboard is also in a completely different spot. I'm not sure why that would be necessary or useful in any way.
I'm also not sure what to call this version. It uses v3.1's strum bar and tilt sensor, but is obviously a lot different because of the above mentioned differences.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
For what system is that guitar for? I'm gonna take a guess and say XBOX360 since it looks like the battery compartment has been modified to run on only 2 batteries and has some other power control bits.

Yep, that's a 360 Strat. #1 giveaway: the wires leading towards the upper-right-hand corner of the guitar are leading to the headset jack. The PS3 guitars don't have those; in fact, there's a cheap little piece of plastic there to block the hole. It usually falls right out whenever you open up the guitar. SIGH.

I took a picture of the inside of my PS3 Strat when I got it the other day. I'll post it here after work.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-posting so that you notice this update.

Day after, yes, but I'm making good on my word all the same. Here's an overview of the whole thing's interior. This image has been scaled so as to not stretch the forums, but if you would like more detailed zoomed-in pictures of specific individual sections of the Strat, let me know.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: