FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/9 Album DLC - No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bug  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLWUT is up with Hey Baby drums? Its like Constant Motion lite at some parts.
fm20000  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
fm20000 wrote:
PleadtheFifth wrote:
fm20000 wrote:
Am I the only 1 who doesn't like this band? Im sick of this crappy DLC 2 weeks in a row. Can they give us some good stuff like the rust in peace album or something?

No offense but variety is what Rock band is about, and what it should be about. A lot of people would lose interest if it were all metal, thats what this week and next week are about: Appealing to more people.

Also Children of Bodom got out last week, so you still got you're metal in last week.

IMO we've had plenty of metal, adding other stuff in there makes me twice as happy.

Also, adding to my earlier post "Hella Good" is awesome, I had heard it but didn't know the name or who it was by.

What's next week's DLC?

Country 5-pack. Might be something else too.

COUNTRY?!?!!? If there is Skynyrd I don't have a problem but I thought this game was called "Rock" band not country and pop band?
FinalSunrise  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soylent wrote:
Muckytears wrote:
nice album hmx

+1

Now they need to give us Avenged Sevenfold's City of Evil album....

That would be a good christmas present. (though the drum parts would probably kill me)

wow...city of evil was a7x's most hideous album, seriously no joke go listen to old-style avenged sevenfold, much better, not just cuz of screaming, everything was just way better
HookersAndPie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the entire pack, but I have an art piece I have to finish by tomorrow, so I will have to delay my review of the pack (on drums) until then....
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinalSunrise wrote:
wow...city of evil was a7x's most hideous album, seriously no joke go listen to old-style avenged sevenfold, much better, not just cuz of screaming, everything was just way better

Is it really necessary to bring this up in a No Doubt topic?

Npeaen wrote:
I did upload every track, but Excuse me Mr. and Sunday Morning got caught in processing hell.

Understandable, thanks a bunch. Harmonix should be paying you, otherwise I wouldn't have decided to purchase more than 2 songs this week.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
ToradtheIdiot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fm20000 wrote:
COUNTRY?!?!!? If there is Skynyrd I don't have a problem but I thought this game was called "Rock" band not country and pop band?

It's also not called "Metal Band" or "fm20000 Band". Not every week will be your thing, so just keep an eye out for stuff you already like and try giving some new stuff a chance, too, mmmmkay?
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone noticed this (havent check the other pages yet), but in Underneath it all X drums, at :40 theres no bass hit when there should be. Another little mistake, but no biggie.

Edit: Also at a Simple Kind of Life around 3:25. Supposed to be 2 but forgot one.
Awkward rolls on Excuse Me Mr. around the middle area. (Sorry, these little things bother me a bit. No biggie, just pointing them out.)
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no doubt i'm not buying any of these songs. See what I did there?
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fm20000 wrote:
Am I the only 1 who doesn't like this band? Im sick of this crappy DLC 2 weeks in a row. Can they give us some good stuff like the rust in peace album or something?

Yeah. I'd like Rust In Peace, but we have a vocal chart that just won the internet. It's Bathwater by the way.
fm20000 wrote:

Well it's not called Metal Band either... You have to keep it broad.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the whole pack and had a chance to play through them all tonight on X drums. I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. Although I had no doubt (lolpun) that I'd be getting the whole album, it's a lot more fun than I had thought it would be.

Ones that stood out among the rest for me were "Hey Baby", "Underneath It All", and especially "Sunday Morning".

The only song that was disappointing on drums for me was Running.

/fun fact
One of the coolest parts of the whole pack is Adrian Young's snare drums on the tracks from "Tragic Kingdom". I remember many years ago reading an interview with him in Modern Drummer, right when TK came out, and he said that he used a different snare drum on every song. I also recall him saying that they recorded in a studio where Motley Crue had recorded, and on at least one track (I forget which one), he had used one of Tommy Lee's snare drums.
/fun fact off

So, for you expert drummers out there who enjoy fun charts, even though they may not be terribly difficult as a whole, I'd suggest picking up the whole pack. Running will probably be your biggest disappointment, but the others more than make up for it.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Catingub  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently got the highest score on SH for "Don't Speak"... I'm pretty happy about this; it's my only top 5 score.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
Edit: Also at a Simple Kind of Life around 3:25. Supposed to be 2 but forgot one.
Awkward rolls on Excuse Me Mr. around the middle area. (Sorry, these little things bother me a bit. No biggie, just pointing them out.)

This came up at rockband.com, actually (albeit, in a much more angry fashion), and HMXAdamA posted a response about why Excuse Me Mr. is authored the way it is. Suppose you guys deserve to see the answer, too.

Quote:
Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback! This authoring philosophy is nothing new in fact; here's the deal:

For songs that have two-handed, accented snare rolls, we prefer not to author straight 16th notes, because it doesn't capture the feel (no syncopation or double strokes, etc.) In this song, particularly, we felt that the accented snares were trickier to play, but ultimately captured the drummer's intended feel better than just straight 16ths. One of the most crucial parts of drum authoring is, in fact, making that subjective call: what's part of the performance, what's implied, and which hits are just the drummer keeping time. Cheers!

EDIT: Also, I have no idea about the other things. I'm not smart with things that go drum.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
bishopx  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definetely pick this up on Thursday for PSN. It's a great fun album.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: XBishopxX
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found most of the songs to be quite fun without being quite difficult, on drums.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Thunderhorse  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT.

No Trapped in a Box?

Fail.

rohrk21 wrote:
davies wrote:
xD.. guitar hero anger makes me happy.. i got so mad at the game i ripped the strum bar off my SG then threw it 20 feet out my window to the street below.. havent played ps2 guitar hero since then...
You ripped the strum bar off?
Screw anger, somebody give this man a medal for extreme badassery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: