FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Foreplay Expert Technique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Foreplay Expert Technique Reply with quote

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the quick R-R -KP+(G or B) is what keeps stumping people and stopping them from moving on in career. I offer a simple strategy. This may seem obvious to real drummers, but I don't think it comes at naturally to people starting from scratch (like myself).

Here's what you do (if you're right handed). When the tricky bit comes up, switch your arms as to use your right hand to hit R pad in the <RR> pattern. Obviously, use your left to hit the G's and B's (Y's?) while using the kick pedal. MAKE SURE YOU FOCUS ON GETTING THE KICK PEDAL PARTS AT THE RIGHT SPEED. If you do this, the R's should come pretty naturally in between. I can't stress enough the importance of focusing on the kick pedal G and B parts. It really is essential to passing or even nailing this part.

There you have it. Sorry if this was already apparent to everyone, but it seemed like loads of people were having trouble with this (fucking awesome) song.

Hope this helps

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man i've thought about trying that, but for the most part it doesnt seem like a good idea. My right hand is the dominant one definately, but I'd like to try and eventually be able to get quick double strokes w/ the left hand. I also sometimes have problem with that part on And Justice for all. I did try it with my right hand on the red and I hit it much more naturally. Definately a way to get through the song, but probably not to improve your overall drumming technique <3 dstryr
SamuraiVern  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just double stroke roll with my left hand and I can FC it almost everytime. It takes a good Red Pad though to even consider that technique though. If you are having too many problems with it, consider try RLR. Just like you would on a real drum solo. it's really hard though, but I'm sure that's the most effective way to master it.
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying LLR and failing...maybe I'll give this a shot...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: