FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/2 DLC - European bands, Miranda Cosgrove, Naked Brothers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooMan555  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not angry that the songs are there because I'm not going to buy them so they can just sit there for other people. I'm more surprised that they picked those songs in the first place. I don't know why, but it seems odd that they would just think of putting these bands in the game. It's just not an idea that would naturally come to most people's mind when deciding fun songs for a rhythm game. They aren't too fun to play on any instrument especially vocals. Also, to my knowledge, the two fan bases of Rhythm video game and Kid TV show band don't really mix well, but I could be wrong. I just don't see a lot of rhythm game fans rooting for NB or iCarly, and reverse. I'm surprised that they decided to hit 500 songs what they stated to be a goal of some sort with these songs. I was really predicting the SRV album "Texas Flood", but I suppose it doesn't matter. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend because the more weeks this happens the more it pushes back interesting DLC. Have fun to the select few who enjoy this week.

Stryper's Myspace Here

Can't wait, because the Dragonforce album wasn't good at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: KeenanC
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first-post-whyhmxwhy! folks seem to think that if they throw tantrums and scream about this type of DLC, Harmonix will say "Wow, we better not put this kind of music in the game anymore because it pisses people off."

The truth is, Harmonix is looking to make as much cash as it can and by adding these types of songs to the mix it enlarges the pool of interested players. I expect more of this type of music in the future. Do I have to like that? No (and I don't) but you just have to accept it and stop thinking that Harmonix owes you (generic "you") something every week in the DLC.
thebluelizard  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrice wrote:
I think I'm the first person here who likes the naked brothers band (guilty pleasure FTL) so I picked up both of those. I also picked up Bodom because Bodom is awesome.
by the laws of music you are not allowed to enjoy both naked brothers band and bodom. you must choose.
MagikTek  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
The truth is, Harmonix is looking to make as much cash as it can and by adding these types of songs to the mix it enlarges the pool of interested players. I expect more of this type of music in the future. Do I have to like that? No (and I don't) but you just have to accept it and stop thinking that Harmonix owes you (generic "you") something every week in the DLC.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! Give this person a prize!

Finally, somebody actually understands why these songs were added and is able to see the big picture. Those 'kid' songs were added to expand the audience for Rock Band to include a younger audience just like how the upcoming Country DLC will expand the audience to include those that like Country.

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to download songs so for goodness sake stop with the fake nerd rage and realize that HMX and even Activision/Neversoft are trying to get as many people into their games as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
I'd rather children learn "Headphones On," as opposed to "Good Mourning/Black Friday."

I disagree. Not necessary Megaadeth, that's a little much, but I think it's important to foster good taste in music early on. Kids will listen to what they are exposed to. So let's expose them to Boston and The Who, rather than these Nickelodeon songs.

Twang wrote:
But, I don't understand why the vocals [on Are You Dead Yet] are any less likeable then the thrash pack or Painkiller

Uh, let's not get carried away. Rob Halford has a tremendous voice and Painkiller is an excellent showcase of it, where he hits actual musical notes. The singers in those other songs don't do much of that.

On another topic, this whole "expanding the game's audience" argument is very strange. Anyone who doesn't already have the game isn't going to be hanging out online looking at the DLC available for it. People buy the game for what is on the disc. Everyone else I know with Rock Band has either bought no DLC or very little (they definitely don't regularly buy it).
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
Duffies wrote:
Quote:

In fact, the random jackoffs are the dweebs that think Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed are real metal

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if Slipknot and Disturbed aren't real metal, then what is considered real metal? (Yes, I do really wanna know)

they are metal. but they are nu-metal... a diferent type of metal.

thats whats so cool about metal theres so much stuff in it.

from classic metal like preist and maiden to prog metal like dream theater and everything inbetween. its all metal. there is no saying what is and isnt metal...

QFT

Now about this week's crappy dlc. I consider myself a dlc whore so regardless of if I like it or not I am buying it. This does not however mean that I am going to freely choose to play it. I can deal with it coming up in random sets because there are 500+ other songs that are more likely to pop up than the three I don't like.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEFIOX wrote:
jcd wrote:
Duffies wrote:
Quote:

In fact, the random jackoffs are the dweebs that think Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed are real metal

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if Slipknot and Disturbed aren't real metal, then what is considered real metal? (Yes, I do really wanna know)

they are metal. but they are nu-metal... a diferent type of metal.

thats whats so cool about metal theres so much stuff in it.

from classic metal like preist and maiden to prog metal like dream theater and everything inbetween. its all metal. there is no saying what is and isnt metal...

QFT

Now about this week's crappy dlc. I consider myself a dlc whore so regardless of if I like it or not I am buying it. This does not however mean that I am going to freely choose to play it. I can deal with it coming up in random sets because there are 500+ other songs that are more likely to pop up than the three I don't like.

Until HMX as a joke releases a patch that ups the probability of these shownig in random setlists =D. J/K mostly. Also it helps that the drum charts, as I believe you are primarily a drummer, are actually kind of interesting to play.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Rizzo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG MIRANDA?!?! MEGAN PARKER!?!?!

I <3 Drake and Josh
sedron  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

sedron wrote:

EDIT: Fixed gramattical error.

the ironing is delicious.

well, it's spelling as opposed to grammar, but I still find it funny.

anyways...[/b]

I'm glad you find my grammattical ironing delicious. Is it only 1 "t," in "grammattical," 1 "m," or did I make that word up? I can't remember what words I make up very well anymore.

005 wrote:
sedron wrote:
I'd rather children learn "Headphones On," as opposed to "Good Mourning/Black Friday."

I disagree. Not necessary Megaadeth, that's a little much, but I think it's important to foster good taste in music early on. Kids will listen to what they are exposed to. So let's expose them to Boston and The Who, rather than these Nickelodeon songs.

As I wrote elsewhere in my earlier post, I like kids to have good musical taste. My sister listens to some better music because I try to help her learn new stuff. I'm just saying that these child-based songs are definitely better than some songs, like Good Mourning/Black Friday, that have subject-matter issues. I know the chance is slim, but it's possible that when little Johnny/Bobby/generically named kid decides to look on the marketplace without a responsible adult to help with choices of purchase, he could see Megadeth stuff and recognize it. Maybe a family member would be into that music, like my uncle. Maybe before he decides to buy that, however, he'll see "Headphones On." Maybe the same kid will decide to get the Miranda Cosgrove song instead of the Megadeth song, though. This is one less kid that Dave Mustaine scars for life. It's possible.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have anything against Dave Mustaine or Megadeth, and am actually a fan of both.
Armisael  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, kids are likely to preview songs, which kinda eliminates the "scar for life" factor. Which means there's no excuse for not introducing them to The Who or Boston instead (or Queen, once we get that. I grew up on that and I'm not a senseless waste of Human Life...I think).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Also it helps that the drum charts, as I believe you are primarily a drummer, are actually kind of interesting to play.

Speaking of which, could someone please upload videos of the drum charts for the Naked Brothers songs? (The person normally uploading drum videos seems to have chosen to avoid those songs. Not that I necessarily blame him.)
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
gitarzann-

The first-post-whyhmxwhy! folks seem to think that if they throw tantrums and scream about this type of DLC, Harmonix will say "Wow, we better not put this kind of music in the game anymore because it pisses people off."

actually harmonix is not looking to make more money of off this. they're making every song only a dollar, s opposed to more, because almost no one who likes the songs in rock band could stand to download these if they were more than a dollar. probably, less than 10% of the rock band population, is downloading this. but, im sure most rb dlc is downloaded by at least 35% of the rb population.

anyway, the nbb just blows. i could do a lot better guitar and singing than they could. Im Damn Sure. and im average at guitar and singing. the nbb band just dound like crap. i, however, respect people's opinion and taste in music. if u like them, please dont take offense at my coment, i respect your opinion.

im also going to get the miranda cosgrove song because its free. i can also stand listening to her music. and any new charts to play is nice if u dont have to pay for them.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense considering MTV owns Nickelodeon.

My gripe is that you need XBL Gold status to even get the Cosgrove song.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Kasualty21  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Is it bad that when I saw Miranda Cosgrove as DLC that The word Raep came to mind before I thought bad song?

Also, although the song doesn't SOUND good, it is fun to play. I co-op sightread this with a friend and I FC'd it and we still 4 starred it. He fucked it up.

As far as releasing songs like this, I'd prefer if they didn't do this too often, But as long as they get more of good bands as well, It can be overlooked. Its not like they're shoving it down your throat.

Edit: I believe the Naked Brothers songs are hard on Vox because it's harder to emulate bad singing than it is good singing. (If you would call it singing anyway.)

RB1
[x] Top 500 Expert Guitar on SH (384)
Gold Stars 56/58
[x] Platinum Artist - FINALLY
RB2 Gooooals
[ ] Ramblin' Man FC
DaneH  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the "get children listening to 'good' music", realistically, you can't really tell them what is good and what isn't. Everyone is bound to have their own opinion. Sure, when I was growing up I listened to things such as the Scorpions, because my mom did. But this doesn't mean I like them now or ever did then. What I'm getting at, is you may think it's the greatest music in the world, but maybe to children these nickelodeon songs are better. And trying to keep them away from this music is the exact same as if you kept them away from Metallica, Megadeth, etc. All I'm really getting at is you shouldn't be "keeping them away" from this music, it's really their choice to listen to what they feel is catchy and interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: