FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/2 DLC - European bands, Miranda Cosgrove, Naked Brothers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
I wonder if anyone has noticed that a good portion of the people bitching about a Nickelodeon songs JUST started accounts at Scorehero.

the longer this thread gets, the more truthful this statement becomes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
linkfreak16  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: why the stupid nickelodeon Reply with quote

come on harmonix if you really want nickaloden donsettle for the naked brother band get drakes band there at least somewhat decent this is only a step a way from shitty didney music
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Linkfreak16
RitzTitz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, everyone chill. If you don't like Miranda Cosgrove or the Naked Brothers Band, then (gasp!) DONT FRICKIN' BUY THEM! As someone else said, Harmonix has many bands lining up around the corner to be included. If you didn't like this week's DLC, then save your money and wait for next week.

And to all those people with posts like "omg nbb sukz balz, hrmnx u suk", give them credit for putting some variety in the game. Again, if you don't like the DLC, then save your money!

Top 5 Most Wanted Songs in GH:WT or RB2
1. Citizen Erased - Muse
2. Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
3. Hammer to Fall - Queen
4. Guerilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine
5. Houses of the Holy- Led Zeppelin
Rickles  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children of Bodom saves the day!

Awesome song, i also got last weeks laid to rest, as well as moving pictures, aesthetics of hate and last train to clarksville. I'd call that a good day.

I don't have to buy the nick songs. There is plenty of other great stuff. I'm sure somebody wants them. If i ever try to download all the songs it's gonna be painful to pay for them...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda happy right now that I have no internet connection to my 360 so it's not even a question of whether or not I should get the free DLC. I personally think the Miranda Cosgrove/Naked Brothers stuff is awful, which may be partially due to the fact that my slittle sister listens to it on TV (along with other such bands,) all of the time. It's definitely good for little kids, though. I'd rather children learn "Headphones On," as opposed to "Good Mourning/Black Friday.". They need some music they know, too.
That said, it's not like kids don't recognize any other music on RB/GH or learn to like any new stuff from it, so the addition of more of this type of DLC isn't necessary that often. My little sister likes the song "Jessica," by the Allman Brothers because of GH. Some neighbors of mine got RB and now listen to "Say It Ain't So," as opposed to Snoop Dog (or Dawg, I don't really know,). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could live with or without this kind of DLC.
EDIT: Fixed gramattical error.
Duffies  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In fact, the random jackoffs are the dweebs that think Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed are real metal

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if Slipknot and Disturbed aren't real metal, then what is considered real metal? (Yes, I do really wanna know)

That being said, you should get the Nick-stuff (at least the free track) just for pure fun. Myself I don't listen to Nickelodeon stuff much, but when DLC becomes available for Wii, I'll definitely get the Miranda Cosgrove track haha. Who cares anyway, I know HMX doesn't and they're the ones in charge (or MTV/Viacom whatever. You get the point).

My accomplishments
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody else grab a bag of popcorn for this thread?

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
jcd  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffies wrote:
Quote:

In fact, the random jackoffs are the dweebs that think Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed are real metal

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if Slipknot and Disturbed aren't real metal, then what is considered real metal? (Yes, I do really wanna know)

they are metal. but they are nu-metal... a diferent type of metal.

thats whats so cool about metal theres so much stuff in it.

from classic metal like preist and maiden to prog metal like dream theater and everything inbetween. its all metal. there is no saying what is and isnt metal...

fUNC wrote:
Did anybody else grab a bag of popcorn for this thread?

yes.

holy shit. *begin rant*

first... not disney... thats been said before but i just wanna clarify.

if you dont like the 3 songs from this week that nick put out then how about this?

DONT BUY THEM!

the only thing they do is make it so you have to strum 3 extra times in the music store. is that so bad? youre gonna strum a few hundred in the song you buy so whats 3 more gonna hurt.

its not like the beginning of tour where you have to play all the shitty songs. you can pass the 3 nick songs and no1 will ever know.

holy shit lets complain about some divercity ok?

*end rant*

i picked up the bodom song... awesome!

and the icarly song... its ok... almost fcd but whatev...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of hoping someone would be here to comment on the note charts. No one is really dying to hear everyone's opinion on the songs when you haven't even downloaded them. Send Harmonix an email or something, I'm sure more people will care to read it (read: one sad, overworked intern) there than we would here.

As for me, I love the Bodom. Not even close to their best song, but anything by them makes me a happy panda. I'm kinda curious as to why everyone loves Tempted, as I've always hated that song since it was featured in a bad commercial.

And I must say, if Harmonix ever releases any Hannah Montana, I will download that so fast it will make your head spin. Not because I like her music, mind you. But because watching a band of four drunk 21 year old guys belting out Miley Cyrus songs is the funniest thing you will ever see in your life.
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very tempted to buy that Children of Bodom song because the guitar chart looks so fun, but I absolutely cannot stand listening to that band.

...Eh, what the hell. It's only a buck.

Now that I think about it, this sentiment can be carried over to almost every song released this week. Some of it was "I want to buy ____ but I've never heard of that band or song" or "I want to buy ____ but it only looks fun on one instrument". However, most of these deliberations ended with me relenting because they're only $1.

Also, I snapped up the NBB songs and Headphones On immediately, but I'm deliberating if I'll even buy Are We Dead Yet. Am I the outlier? >_>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
Twang  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I've ever been a fan of Children of Bodom, but the song sounds pretty good to me. Almost neo-classical-ish at some points, but with modern rock elements thrown in.

But, I don't understand why the vocals are any less likeable then the thrash pack or Painkiller (note: I like the vox on these songs, but I can see why some would not). Not as screamy or high. What makes his singing any worse than any other melodeath or thrash band?

And yes, the guitar chart is very fun. Maybe even in the league of Love Spreads or Like A Fool. And I must say, I think the manually-placed hopos actually INCREASE the fun, rather than detract from it (see LtR, AoH, Snow, etc.).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I think the manually-placed hopos actually INCREASE the fun, rather than detract from it (see LtR, AoH, Snow, etc.).

Technically, Laid to Rest is the only song you listed that has manually placed strums/hopos, since the other two were released months before RB2, and look no different in RB1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First The Naked Brothers Band is a show, then its a video game (ya i know), and now its DLC for Rock Band 2??? God before we know it they're going to rule the world....
[6:41pm] xsiick: I love PhilipinoPride
[6:41pm] xsiick: go ahead
[6:41pm] xsiick: sig that
[x] Beat the Rock Band 2 endless setlist on expert drums
[x] Get a #1 score on Scorehero Rock Band 2 expert drums (RHCP- Tell me Baby) got taken away from me
[ ] Get past a major RB2 drummer on scorehero career leaderboards (I still need to put up all my scores)
[x] Get all achievements for RB2
[ ] Get #1 on XBL leaderboards on a RB2 song for drums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Philipino Pride
CraZy  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not gonna touch on everyone's problems with the nick songs. i actually havent downloaded them yet, but i did play Tempted, Tutto E` Impossibile and Hay Poco Rock N' Roll. (Tempted on guitar, Tutto on vocals, Hay Poco on drums) and i gotta say, those songs are pretty sweet.
as for Tempted: it was kinda boring, although i did get to walk around for the whole first verse. and even the riffs were kinda tricky, but still an awesome song.
as for Tutto: i speak italian pretty well, took it in school for about 4 years, and it made me giggle a little. was scary that i actually remembered how to pronounce things still after like 3 years of not practicing or antyhing.
and as for HPRnR: it's pretty cool. it was just fun listening to Smeeguel from RockGamer sing it. (I gotta say, the first line is awesome. it's "Juan Tu!", which if pronounce correctly, is "One, Two" haha, funny stuff)

well, enjoy your week. and like everyone else has said. stop bitching. just enjoy the other 500. "if you dont like it, shove it, but you dont like it, you love it."

p34nUt, out

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
I'm kinda happy right now that I have no internet connection to my 360 so it's not even a question of whether or not I should get the free DLC. I personally think the Miranda Cosgrove/Naked Brothers stuff is awful, which may be partially due to the fact that my slittle sister listens to it on TV (along with other such bands,) all of the time. It's definitely good for little kids, though. I'd rather children learn "Headphones On," as opposed to "Good Mourning/Black Friday.". They need some music they know, too.
That said, it's not like kids don't recognize any other music on RB/GH or learn to like any new stuff from it, so the addition of more of this type of DLC isn't necessary that often. My little sister likes the song "Jessica," by the Allman Brothers because of GH. Some neighbors of mine got RB and now listen to "Say It Ain't So," as opposed to Snoop Dog (or Dawg, I don't really know,). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could live with or without this kind of DLC.
EDIT: Fixed gramattical error.

the ironing is delicious.

well, it's spelling as opposed to grammar, but I still find it funny.

anyways...[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: