FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Hell 2 - Jan 2-4 2009 OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Drum Hell 2 - Jan 2-4 2009 OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE Reply with quote

Drum Hell 2: Guinness World Record Breaking Charity Event
It takes a special kind of skill, dedication, and maybe a touch of insanity, to do a video game marathon. But on January 2nd when Sean “H2O Phr34k” Feica and Calin “H2O Someguy913” Scoggins sit down and begin drumming through Rock Band 2 on expert to support the United Way Foundation, this performance will be in a league of its own.
The event is called Drum Hell 2, and the concept is simple. The two gamers will compete against each other side by side in the popular Xbox 360 video game title “Rock Band 2” on simulation drum kits. To date, the game has over 530 songs, and for this event Feica and Scoggins will be battling through every single one - on the most challenging difficulty available. In order to capture the world record and finish every song, they’ll need to rock out for up to 60 hours straight!
For those not familiar with the Rock Band video game, throughout each song, colored representing notes will fall vertically on the screen. The notes are derived from the audio track, and the drummers score points based on how accurately they play the falling notes. Missed notes distort the soundtrack, so in essence the drummers actually play the music. Many songs have thousands of notes, so both Feica and Scoggins will be testing the very limits of their endurance over the weekend.
The concept behind Drum Hell isn’t entirely new. Back in July, Feica, who goes by the nickname “H2O Phr34k”, decided to test his mental and physical stamina by running his first “Drum Hell” session, a marathon of 26 hours that took him through every available song (235 including downloadable content) in the original Rock Band title. As one of the top drummers on the game, his greatest battle was maintaining quality performance in spite of exhaustion.
By the conclusion of the event, Feica picked up a world record, several new record game scores, and quite a few fans. But exhausted as he was, plans were already in the works for the sequel event, Drum Hell 2 – which will be held on January 2nd, 2009 and streamed live over the internet to viewers worldwide.
Everything has increased in magnitude for Drum Hell 2; the song list has more than doubled in size (to over 530!), the event is estimated at over 60 hours, and Feica is bringing in another one of the best Rock Band drummers in the world to compete with him for a new world record. Scoggins, known in game as “H2O Someguy913” currently stands second overall worldwide for Rock Band 2 drums, and has held the #1 title several times in the past.
For Drum Hell 2, both players will be using custom designed electric drum kits. Both drummers will be taking donations to support the United Way, and viewers will be able to watch the competition live online at http://drumhell.pmsclan.com/
Quote:
“We decided to go with United Way because of their programs for those financially in need; for either schooling, housing, social works and/or community services.” Feica said. “With the shape the economy is in, there is no better choice available in my eyes. The ability to help so many people across the nation from doing an event such as Drum Hell is more than worthwhile in the end.”

Thanks to generous support from companies like Patriot Memory, Plantronics, DarkStar Communications, Sapphire Tech, Philips amBX, Destroyer Pedal, Harmonix, Ustream, Scorehero, Los Cabos and Sharp; PMS Clan will be hosting a series of giveaways to registered users watch the stream. Any time either drummer finishes a song perfectly, a contest entry button will appear. Throughout the event, winners will be chosen at random from entries to receive some great prizes! For more information, and to register, visit http://drumhell.pmsclan.com
Both Feica and Scoggins are members in H2O Clan, a worldwide competitive video gaming organization with nearly 800 gamers across a multitude of games. Partnered with the widely recognized all female PMS Clan, H2O Clan members strive to create a safe, positive gaming environment for all gamers while encouraging diversity throughout the industry. More information can be found at http://www.pmsclan.com/

Please direct press inquires on this event to pr@pmsclan.com

Ryan "H2O Rip" Chaply
PMS | H2O Operations
PMS Clan Inc. Editor in Chief
Product Manager

PR@pmsclan.com
www.pmsclan.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Drum Hell 2: Guinness World Record Breaking Charity Event

December 26th 2008, SAN ANTONIO: PMS Clan is proud to announce a charity weekend of historic Rock Band drumming, supporting the United Way Foundation with renowned gamers from H2O Clan. At approximately 9AM EST (-5GMT) on January 2nd 2009, Sean “H2O Phr34k” Feica and Calin “H2O Someguy913” Scoggins will begin playing Rock Band 2 on expert drums in a dual, competitive, effort to break the Guinness World Record for longest continuous Rock Band drumming on the Drum Hell 2 charity event!
Last July, Sean Feica astounded viewers by finishing all 235 Rock Band songs on expert level, to near perfection…and got immortalized in the 2009 Guinness World Records Gaming Edition for the 26.5 hour marathon. While still flushed with victory and short on sleep, H2O Phr34k announced plans for an even bigger, more impressive sequel in 2009. That promise has now evolved into the upcoming Drum Hell 2; the song odyssey is expected to last for an estimated 60+ hours and contain hundreds of thousands of notes.
With the addition of H2O Clan’s newest member and arguably the best Rock Band drummer in the world, Someguy913; the event will take on a competitive angle as both drummers compete against each other head-to-head on their own custom kits with a high definition Sharp AQUOS TV. Songs will be played in order of increasing difficulty, bringing a whole new meaning to “save the best for last.”
PMS Clan will be hosting the Drum Hell 2 online event, where viewers and donators will be able to watch the live stream in its entirety on the event’s webpage. Spectators can also chat, keep track of progress with detailed scores, and donate to the marathon with all proceeds benefiting the United Way Foundation. The decision to have the United Way as the beneficiary for the Drum Hell 2 Charity event was simple for Sean.

Quote:
“We decided to go with United Way because of their programs for those financially in need; for either schooling, housing, social works and/or community services.” Feica said. “With the shape the economy is in, there is no better choice available in my eyes. The ability to help so many people across the nation from doing an event such as Drum Hell is more than worthwhile in the end.”

As an added bonus, when either drummer plays a song perfectly, PMS Clan will be providing registered viewers with an opportunity to win a multitude of prizes from sponsors and partners! More information is available at http://drumhell.pmsclan.com
With an estimated 530+ song titles available by January 1st, 2009, Drum Hell 2 will be THE definitive gaming event to mark the New Year as Sean and Calin prepare to set new World Records. With such a Herculean effort required to maintain drumming of this caliber, the question is not when—but if—one or both of them will make it through the entire set list!

Quote:
“Sean and I have both done drumming marathons before and know how exhausting it can be” explains Calin. “Yet at 60+ hours the only way we'll make it through this is by feeding off one another's energy and the support of both the live and internet audiences."

A representative from the Guinness book of World Records will be on hand to verify when, by whom, and to what degree the new record will stand.

About PMS Clan
Founded in late 2002, Pandora's Mighty Soldiers (PMS Clan) is the world's largest competitive multi-platform online female gaming organization, with the mission of providing a positive and competitive environment for women gamers. Shortly after its inception, H2O Clan was born to encourage male involvement in the community and has exploded in both population and talent. With well over 600 females and nearly 800 male gamers worldwide in the clans, PMS and H2O members work hard to promote the idea of a more diversified gaming landscape. Proud team sponsors include Alienware, ATI, Sapphire, Platronics, Patriot Memory, DarkStar Communications and Pro Gamer. Additional information is available at http://www.pmsclan.com

About United Way:
United Way is a national network of nearly 1,300 local organizations that work to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health. These are the building blocks for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health. For more information please visit http://www.liveunited.org/

About Guinness World Record:
Guinness World Records is the universally recognized authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual Guinness World Records book is published in more than 100 countries and 25 languages and is one of the highest-selling books under copyright of all time with more than 3 million copies sold annually across the globe. Guinness World Records also annually publishes the Gamer’s Edition; a records book devoted solely to the world of computer gaming and high score record achievements. The Guinness World Records website receives more than 11 million visitors a year at www.guinnessworldrecords.com

-------------------------------------------

Update! The event website is now live! Check it out at www.pmsclan.com/drumhell

UPDATE! someguy913 (the #1 rockband drummer, and also H2O recruit) will be flying in and we shall be score dueling for the record together!

Well, I said it was gonna happen and here it comes! January 2nd - 4th 2009 I plan on playing through every song available in the game at the time. Considering currently we are already over 500 songs... it's gonna take a while to do. Estimated 48-60 hours.

Same concept as last time, easiest to hardest songs, back to back, epic streaming. Hoping to have some volunteers on the spot to help with all the technical stuff like data entry and all that jazz... so I don't end up wasting so much time on it.

I have already contacted Guinness World Records, and they are looking into sending an Adjudicator to witness the event.

I will be accepting donations for the United Way of Canada. Information can be found at www.unitedway.ca.

Last edited by Phr34k on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
meister  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All with no sleep? And since its so long I'll be sure to watch I hope I see the ending

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems needlessly difficult to play everything in ascending difficulty order...playing every song in a row is absurdly amazing as it is, even if you were to sort it in a different manner (alphabetic by band so you can play albums in order, for instance).

It just seems like more likely of a success - and no less of a feat - to not cram the most absurdly difficult drum songs all in together.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Skr33  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, This AND Infinivent within the same like week or so...

These sort of things are becoming commonplace, aren't they?

That's just plain awesome, and I hope you don't die Phr34k.

GOOD LUCK!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck... there's probably going to be close to 550 songs at that point. I'll have to try to catch most of the impossible tier.
factotum  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is insane. i'll try and tune in. best of luck, and stay healthy throughout.
soccerkeeper212  

Location: On a little island no one cares about: AKA Long Island

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sleep? I'd get through 20 songs and then fail and take a nap.
Sleep the whole day before, and pray that your drums don't break on the last song.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k you should totally have your sponsors, I dunno fly out one or two of your fellow Starpower Podcast hosts to assist you with this event by providing massages, drink and food and what not >___>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sooooo physched about this ever since Sumdrumathon! I think I know what the special announcement is going to be, but I'll keep my mouth shut if it's a secret ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Drum Hell 2 - Back With a Vengeance! Jan 2-4 2009 Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
There may be another surprise soon to announce regarding this... but that all needs to be confirmed before I can officially announce it.

Featuring guest stars for certain songs and what not? Haha
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
Macaron11  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the last song Alive, best fucking finale song ever.

And obviously, YOU'RE STILL ALIIIIIIIVEEEE HEYYY-E-AY-E-AAAAAAAAHHHH HAAAAAAA

Also will be good, since last time was Still Alive.

I will be watching, again, maybe 10,000 viewers? $2000 raised from donation? Elliot coming over? I love you Phr34k.
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, last song should be Won't Get Fooled Again. Just like last time. Except this time, he got fooled into doing it again.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, the last song should be "Last"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are all those ending songs.... Last, Dead, Alive, Still Alive, Afterlife... but Won't Get Fooled Again is just so much more epic =).... although FP/LT is almost as epic.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to you for doing this again Sean. I've watched most of Drumhell one and I'm going to be supporting you all the way! I'll more than gladly help out with keeping track of the topic in the chat and keeping the chat clean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: