FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S10 - RB2 Guitar/Bass Duet (Open Difficulty) Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
aaaand the most impressive week 1 score (thus far) goes to...Steak n' Eggs on Give it Away! Holy crap.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO glad I spent my time working on that Give It Away path.

Also glad that I fixed my Spirit in the Sky path on the last day, our old score was about 4k lower ^_^
{17:33:42} <Rexisfed> yewb had sex with a man
{17:33:42} <Yewb> ^
{17:33:44} <Yewb> wait
{17:33:45} <Yewb> NO

H2O Kappaten, PMS|H2O L4D ST Leader
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Kappaten
meister  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone else hate the layout of OD phrases in Feel The Pain? They are in such bad spots it takes a lot of scoring potential out of the song (and makes it a little bit harder to path, maybe) or else it just makes the path much harder to execute
*goes back to pathing

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
CHawk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

Our Give it Away path sucked. We got 1st on Spirit in the Sky, and yet, our path sucked sooo bad on Give it Away, we dropped to 4th. Grats to Steak and Eggs on the WTFPath on Give it Away!

Sweden...LRN2PATH! >_>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
does anyone else hate the layout of OD phrases in Feel The Pain? They are in such bad spots it takes a lot of scoring potential out of the song (and makes it a little bit harder to path, maybe) or else it just makes the path much harder to execute
*goes back to pathing

Yeah, I had so much wasted whammy on bass that I can't use because there's only 2 measures between OD phrases :\

Luckily Souls of Black is very easy to path.

I may fix our Spirit in the Sky path, too, just to get 1st. I watched your vid, meister, and see where you made mistakes (and also where you corrected my own mistakes)

And, just a warning, Lemon and I will probably double FC both songs. I FCed souls of black 3 straight times in quickplay on bass yesterday, just a matter of Lemon pulling together a run, and we all know him >_>

/me slaps meng around a bit for choking feel the pain yesterday.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Kappaten
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the solo in Feel the Pain almost every time in practice, but never did in a real run unless we already horribly botched the path.

HAET Souls of Black. Not even top 10 right at midnight. Hell, not even better than a random run MeesterHat and I did. Boo.

Hello There should be even easier to path than Souls of Black... Yay, Xbox Live squeezing?

Carry On Wayward Son. Finally gives us a reason to double-FC. Yay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean ajanata about Souls of Black, Lemon and I did a random run no more than 2 hours before the song was announced and we couldn't beat that score all week :|

This week's songs are tight, though. I only have to path one song, too, since I had Hello There done in advance

Also, my Hello There path is pretty similar in oddity to my Give it Away path, I hope I get the same result.

CoWS.. I fucking suck at the staircases in the middle, that'll be the only thing holding us back from a double FC.

CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I never play Souls of Black or Feel the Pain ever again, I will be happy. Me and Sweden literally spent an hour trying to FC Feel the Pain with the proper path, and Souls of Black, I HATE HATE HATE HATE this song so much now. Week 1 FB, following Week 2 G/B. This song can DIAF. I'm digging the songs this week though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm understanding the full-band thread properly, man-down scores are OK as long as you don't double-up... Is this interpretation correct? Would that be permissible in this league? LordMathias has been unable to play all week, and has told me that he will be unable to do so tonight -- but if I can at least get a score in solo, it might net us a point or something.

I'd take the almost guaranteed last-place 8 points or so over the 0 points for a no-submit, if this would be allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Sweden managed to pull out Double FC's of both songs! Took forever to do with a good path though.

217,689 on Hello There

529,441 on COWS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 1sts?

Hello There 221322
Carry on Wayward Son 536778

If those links don't work(I'm using my phone for the internet and typed them in myself), go to www.youtube.com/user/gh3meister

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Kap10  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not liking this two week's songs =\

Both have very obvious paths, one is a pretty easy double FC, and the other is ass on both instruments.

shinycow17  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops forgot to do this week's songs..no playoffs I guess lol but good luck everyone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beingmused and I FCed Give it all and an overstrum on Girls not Grey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
Beingmused and I FCed Give it all and an overstrum on Girls not Grey

Let's be more specific...a BASS overstrum

Our Give it All score is 708325 (clearly my path is off here), and Girl's Not Grey is 572735 (probably some bad pathness there too, since I see a few people topped 600k).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: