FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S10 - RB2 Full Band (Open Difficulty) Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHawk wrote:
nipps wrote:
thats the fun part of full band! the vox never ever miss a phrase but restart when they miss a squeeze!

/facepalm

We're fucked.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duce1621 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
Yeah, I don't think SINGING The Middle is too tough. Dealing with those early windows (especially if the path ends up being similar to the optimal vocal path) is a frickin nightmare, for me at least. There's like one exact spot you have to hit on both of the last two activations to come anywhere close to optimal. Too early and you don't pick up the OD phrase, ultimately wasting OD (esp with the last activation), too late and you don't activate at all. I'm hoping our path avoids that. Otherwise, I'm expecting a ton of restarts that are my fault.

This. I know I don't have a band in the playoffs, but I have been pathing for the PMS/H2O bands. And this path is really simple, but the difficult part will be hitting the vocals squeezes.

I don't know about really simple =). We had about 6 or 7 runs without our path working =P. Don't wanna give what is tricky away, but every instrument has its fair share of work cutout besides mostly me with drumming, however I make up by missing notes =(.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

DD did a quick, easy job on this song. Our path barely beat out PB's first, by about, 800 points. XD

And on a separate note, to whoever is in the next round, ACE OF SPADES FTMFL. Now it comes down to pretty much skill > path. Props to whoever can FBFC this.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance ToB was nice and forgot to submit? We had a....frustrating week (no matter how determined I am to not play songs the last minute, I manage to screw the scheduling up and cause us to play everything last minute).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Any chance ToB was nice and forgot to submit? We had a....frustrating week (no matter how determined I am to not play songs the last minute, I manage to screw the scheduling up and cause us to play everything last minute).

As a matter of fact, Piso told me that they had no chance to play.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
beingmused wrote:

As a matter of fact, Piso told me that they had no chance to play.

How inglorious, to advance on our sad 1.51 score! But thanks for letting me know, I wasn't going to bother working on the Ace of Spades path, but now...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to play The Middle this week, too, but we sucked, because chidori kept messing up the path and didn't realize it (and I couldn't figure it out until I reviewed videos the next day :-p).

As for this week - Ace of Spades, eh? We have a shot at a triple-FC maybe.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for this post, but this really pisses me off. I understand full band is somewhat of an art to actually have time to sit down path, find a working schedule, and get a group together to play for a while. But the fact is if you made it to the playoffs you probably have a good understanding of what it entails and make it work.

To not enter a score in the playoffs completely pisses me off. Yeah sure I am happy we get to advance, but the fact is we spent many hours between pathing the song, fixing our pathing errors, and getting a good run in (which we struggled ever so much sadly). We probably would not be advancing if they did get a run off, but that is not the point.

The fact that we sat here and wasted hours of our life for someone to not enter a score is not cool. Yea I realize that's part of competition and etc etc. But it would be nice for a band to be respectable and tell the other band not to waste too much time since they won't get together. The whole point of this league is to compete against other bands in both pathing and skill to pull the path off. Sure we expect numerous bands to have problems in the season, but to make the playoffs and not show just boggles my mind. We have an extended amount of time over solo leagues for this purpose.

I am sorry that I am ranting here, a thing I rarely due on SH, but this just really pissed me off that we had to go through the entire process of getting a good Full Band score for the opposing team to simply not care about any of it.

EDIT: I would've been fine if the band enters a single thing at all for the score. Has 1 person do it solo just to pretend they tried. But to do absolutely nothing while knowing their opposition is probably working their asses off on perfecting a song is what gets me.

I realize that I will lose respect from said members in the future, but to be honest I don't care. They signed up for a commitment and failed that commitment. Yes it is a video game, but it is also a competition that takes up more than simple their band members time and affects other people.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace of Spades....great. Pathwise I think we're fine, since between MACGYVER and I, we've pathed this song 4 times(and I might look over it a 5th time just to be sure we've got it). I'm just worried on my end because that bass chart is one gigantic bitch...if I'm not able to be consistent on it, I might just have tv and I switch(I have FC'd the guitar chart and bass chart before, but the bass chart is really hit or miss for me, one day I'll hit it every time, next day I'll completely bomb it).

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Prophet  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ace of Spades '08 will be a bitch to not only try and get the FBFC, but to also activate right everytime. The bass chart is a mindfuck--chords on bass?! LOLWTFWTHBBQ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophet wrote:
Yeah Ace of Spades '08 will be a bitch to not only try and get the FBFC, but to also activate right everytime. The bass chart is a mindfuck--chords on bass?! LOLWTFWTHBBQ?

I practiced to prepare myself for that oddity by playing Pretty Noose, one of the funner bass charts around.

Since I've hit the guitar solo but am shakier on bass I probably should pass it off to Sixen....but I shouldn't shirk from responsibility. The onus has got to be on me to play well *once* in awhile.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Prophet wrote:

I practiced to prepare myself for that oddity by playing Pretty Noose, one of the funner bass charts around.

Since I've hit the guitar solo but am shakier on bass I probably should pass it off to Sixen....but I shouldn't shirk from responsibility. The onus has got to be on me to play well *once* in awhile.

Can I sing then and Kristen play drums?

I play my game online
elx  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thankfully we got in some Ace of Spades runs tonight, because the rim one of the rims on my Goodwoods cracked on me, leaving me without working drums for now. Luckily qirex is gonna give me a hand and build/send me a new rim so that I can get back to having working drums.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
Well, thankfully we got in some Ace of Spades runs tonight, because the rim one of the rims on my Goodwoods cracked on me, leaving me without working drums for now. Luckily qirex is gonna give me a hand and build/send me a new rim so that I can get back to having working drums.

We're battling some hardware problems on drums, too, hope it all turns out ok. Also, shouldn't you change your sig, elx?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis a shame...

I was hoping to get a decent score in, but we have a half-ass score put in instead. We'll play through Ace of Spades sometime soon and see where we would've landed. Give 'em hell in the finals BTY --v.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: