FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Fills, Points, and Strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilde  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Drum Fills, Points, and Strategy Reply with quote

I don't think this has been asked, but I apologize if there's another thread specifically about this.

I am a bit confused on the point system for fill sections. I am 99% certain fills do not get you more points like the big rock ending sections do. But I am curious if you even get any points at all for a fill section. I started to wonder when I intentionally would miss the green beat at the end of the fill to build up my multiplier before going into overdrive. As long as you have your overdrive meter filled they throw fill sections at you like it is no tomorrow. But then I realized that is a good way to skip potentially hard sections if you know when fills will come up. I am thinking developers would have thought of that, but I haven't done much testing.

In short:
Do fills earn you any points what so ever?
Is it a better strategy to use fills skip hard parts and potentially get no points or wait till you build up your multiplier and get to an easier section?
Would abusing fill sections be a better way to five star if you can be consistent with a x4 the entire song?
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Drum Fills, Points, and Strategy Reply with quote

Kilde wrote:
I don't think this has been asked, but I apologize if there's another thread specifically about this.

I am a bit confused on the point system for fill sections. I am 99% certain fills do not get you more points like the big rock ending sections do. But I am curious if you even get any points at all for a fill section. I started to wonder when I intentionally would miss the green beat at the end of the fill to build up my multiplier before going into overdrive. As long as you have your overdrive meter filled they throw fill sections at you like it is no tomorrow. But then I realized that is a good way to skip potentially hard sections if you know when fills will come up. I am thinking developers would have thought of that, but I haven't done much testing.

In short:
Is it a better strategy to use fills skip hard parts and potentially get no points or wait till you build up your multiplier and get to an easier section?
Would abusing fill sections be a better way to five star if you can be consistent with a x4 the entire song?

its been asked...no points earned, no benefit to skipping sections besides getting ur rhythm back in hard sections...(ie, GGaHT)
Cliff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Drum Fills, Points, and Strategy Reply with quote

Kilde wrote:

Fills are worth 0 points, but they do cover up sections of the song that you would be playing and getting points for. Therefore, if you can play the song fine, it'd be better for you to use the fills as they come to get your multiplier as well as have notes the next time a potential fill section rolls around (not always, check drum overdrive FAQs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: